All reviewspool tablebiscottilarge lodgepoint reyes national seashorebird watchingtwo bedroom suitelodge areathe main lodgelight sleeperalamere fallscan hear your neighborsrear deckshared lounge arearoom keylarge common roomother guestswalls are thin
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rooms are small; but you are able to use the Lodge Great Room at any time of day, where you can sit by the fire or watch the birds out the window facing the bay. There is a catwalk where you can walk over the marsh and enjoy the wildlife for hours. Great views throughout the motel. Rooms have a fridge and you can microwave, get coffee and hot water in the lodge room. Staff were particularly friendly and let you have your own space. Perfect location for a visit to Tomales Bay and the best value in the area.

Room Tip: Don't overpack
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights here while we explored Point Reyes. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The back deck has a beautiful view. My wife and I enjoyed the large common room where we played pool and cards at night. One of the other guests built a fire that we all enjoyed. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank dladrie
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a motel, not a b&b, or a boutique hotel or whatever. This is small motel right on the Inverness Marsh (Tomales Bay). Most rooms are standard motel rooms opening onto the parking lot. The view from these rooms is through the bathroom window.Some rooms have been converted to "view rooms" by adding a window, door, deck on the bay side. My small room was just great for my one week stay - everything clean and modern, just right. If you have the bucks, the view rooms are even better. There is also a large deck looking out over the bay for guests to use. It even has a grill. It has a boardwalk to a bird blind out on the water. The large main room has a fireplace and a decent pool table and a fridge. The ladies that are at the desk are very kind and helpful. I saw many many birds ranging from hummingbirds to swans to ospreys. Dining options abound in Point Reyes Station about three miles away. I ate a lot of great oysters at the Station House Cafe. Motel Inverness is a highly recommended affordable place to stay in this area. I plan to return next summer when my kids return to Point Reyes National Seashore summer camp. (highly recommended). All this was a big change for us from Maui (There are animals!). I loved the area around the motel as well as the hikes into the seashore. The PRNS entrance is about a mile away.

Room Tip: view rooms are great but he regular rooms are just fine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wemWailuku_Maui
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A 1950's remodeled 7 room motel. A great bargain at the coast of California. It's on Tamales Bay and has a great view from the motel. Small rooms at the lodge building but if you get one with a deck you'll love sitting out at all times of the day and watching the birds and the bay. They don't serve breakfast but they have a small kitchen in the lobby area where you can put food in frig and they have biscotti's for your free coffee. The lobby area is like a lodge. Big room with pool table and huge fireplace with wood in it so it's ready to be lit for a cozy feeling when it's cold outside. Outside the lodge feeling lobby is big deck to sit and have wine or BBQ on their grill. We watched others cook local salmon. Reserve early as there are only 7 rooms and they fill up most every day. We would definetly go there again and will soon.
Marilyn

Room Tip: I think the best room with deck that's a bargain is room 105. It has a deck. Check the rooms out when you call some have kitchens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marjack3
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We came to California for 3 weeks in July, and stayed in 8 different places, and Motel Inverness was our favorite. This is a gorgeous getaway to reconnect with nature, and have your breath taken away, day after day. Shannon and Lynn helped us with everything from which trails to hike, to which restaurant to go to, and then made the reservations for us. All the tips were perfect, we couldn't have asked for more. We will be back, only next time it will be for longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple