“Tiny local restaurant with big city menu”
Review of Saltwater

Saltwater
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Saltwater is a neighborhood oyster bar, restaurant and wine shop that is rooted in its respect for sustainably managed farmlands, shellfish producing water bottoms and folks that are engaged in the thoughtful gathering of food.
Minnesota
“Tiny local restaurant with big city menu”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our B&B owners recommended this restaurant. It was late on a Sat, but we still got in. The tables are crowded together, so don't go here if you want privacy. We weren't very hungry, so we shared a salad and pizza. Our food was great and the neighboring table's food looked wonderful.

• Greek first
Berkeley, CA
“Charming place, great food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I were treated to a dinner at Saltwater as a thank you for participating in a fundraising project. This is part of the owner's mission to give back to the community. Our group constituted a full house and the kitchen and wait staff easily and graciously handled the crush.

We had a set menu, but I imagine that it was representative of the ala carte. We began at the bar with both raw and baked oysters and sparkling wine. I have never been an oyster lover, but I changed my mind that evening. These were so wonderfully fresh, and the preparations were varied and interesting. Once seated, we were treated to a garden salad and given the option of a salmon or chicken entree. While I usually opt for fish I had just returned from 6 weeks in Asia where I ate fish almost exclusively so I went with the chicken. It was perfectly cooked and accompanied by garden fresh greens and potatoes. I was happy with my choice. Those around me who had the salmon were equally pleased. Dessert was an extremely flavorful blood orange sorbet. The wines selected to go with each course were lovely.

The restaurant has a beach cottage or boat house feel to it - fresh, simple, white decor. Our set menu was chosen with care and well executed. I am anxious to return to sample from the full menu.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped into the Saltwater on a whim when leaving Point Reyes National Seashore, and had an excellent meal on the sunny deck. The wine was local and wonderful, and the food was also very, very good. Wonderful service, extending beyond our meal, when I happened to leave my jacket behind, and they mailed it to me in Seattle the very next day. Thank you Saltwater, for a great dining experience.

San Francisco, California
“DELIGHTFUL”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm a foodie and love it when I find a place where Chef is creative. The staff interacts with you as though you are a regular. Try the soup ... yummy

Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,039 helpful votes
“An absolutely delightful spot”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stumbled across Saltwater while en route to Point Reyes National Seashore. It is located in the small hamlet of Inverness just across the road from Tomales Bay (which happens to sit right on top of the San Andreas fault line).

It is a small place but is bright and airy thanks to the large windows, liberal use of white paint and a high, peaked ceiling. We stopped by for lunch on a Sunday so we ordered off the brunch menu. There were sufficient selections to satisfy any taste. Our group had the hash with poached egg, stuffed French toast and the grilled cheese. The portions were modest but sufficient for our appetites (I think too many people are getting used to the obscene portions served by many of the chains), wonderfully prepared and most satisfying. We all agreed it was one of the best lunches we had during our five day stay in the San Francisco area (and we ate very well!).

We loved the fresh bread that was served beforehand and the water which was served with sliced lemon and spearmint. The restaurant had a real local feel as many of the patrons knew each other and the staff. Altogether it was a delightful experience and comes highly recommended.