“Great little restaurant”

Vladimir's Czechoslovakian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Czech, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indiana
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant after a day spent hiking and were famished. It was between lunch and dinner, so we were able to order off either menu. A big plus since I could get a smaller lunch portion and my husband and son could get the larger dinner portion. The food was excellent and the service couldn't have been better. One note: they DO NOT take plastic in any form. Make sure you have cash on hand before you order here.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank FiftiesGal

Orange, California, United States
“Is it rude to lick the plate??”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This place is my new favorite restaurant - unfortunately, we live too far away to visit often but I found myself wishing they would open a branch in Orange County near my house!! The food was fantastic, both in appearance and flavor - the people were extremely friendly and helpful. Pricing was very simple - all lunches were $17 and all dinners were $27! We were there 'between meals' so had our choice of ordering from either menu, which was very nice of them! Dinner options included soup and salad and I think had a couple of entrees that weren't served at lunch but I can't be sure about that part because once I saw the Gulasch, I was done - I loved eating that in Europe and was hoping it would be as good here.

So we had high expectations as we had very much enjoyed Czech food in Prague and this restaurant exceeded our highest hopes so I can't praise them enough. I had the Hungarian Gulasch and my husband had the Garlic Roasted Rabbit - our dinners came with purple cabbage cooked Czech style, which was great because neither of us like it any other way - we also got a dumpling and the best potato salad I think I've ever had [sorry Mom!]. The bread was baked there, a sourdough rye - and even the butter was shaved into a beautiful presentation. Overall, there was absolutely nothing we could give less than 20 stars on a scale of 1 to 5!!

They have a great selection of beer and other drinks but we didn't want alcohol so I was happy to discover they also have alcohol-free beer, which a lot of small places don't serve. There was a small group of entertainers when we were there playing Irish music but somehow it was perfect for a Saturday night - overall, it was one of the best meals I've ever had and I can't wait to go back, even though it's hundreds of miles from my home - darn!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lynda A
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Excellent service in a quaint setting”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stopped here simply because we were starved after hiking and driving for hours. That and we had never eaten Czechoslovakian. The waitress/bartender was very knowledgable and helpful. I enjoyed the cabbage roll, dumpling and potato salad. My favorite part was the purple cabbage. My husband had the fish and chips and was happy with both, and especially the Pilsner Urquell.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Donnafullerton
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“We loved the place”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great dinner: something different for the wife & kids. Personally, I love a litlle adventure, so we asked Vladia (?) for some help and were not disappointed. Pilsner Urquell on tap!

Don't forget dessert!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KillerHays
Fortuna
“Delish.... authentic food”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Loved the Vienna Schnitzel with sweet and sour red cabbage. People were very friendly, helpful and attentive. Would definitely go again if we are in the area. Hubby had the garlic roasted rabbit, which he thoroughly enjoyed.

• Visited June 2014