All reviews birch cottage english muffin private beach farm fresh eggs the cottages tomales bay local produce yogurt coffee beans well appointed kitchen point reyes walls are thin spent two nights muir woods coffee maker short drive living room
Reviewed October 31, 2016

Very comfortable, like an adorable doll's house with everything we needed. Unfortunately the weather was not great, but we were cozy and comfortable in our cottage. The mattress is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on!!

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank Sandi1212
Reviewed October 1, 2016

We're only about 2 hours away in Half Moon Bay, ca. We love our area so it's hard to leave our coastal home and not be a little disappointed in the "getaways" elsewhere. However Dancing Coyote Beach was perfect!!!! I can't say that enoughThe cottage was so cozy and charming. For me I need to see the water! From our acacia cottage we had a view from every window, I loved itVery private! Decks with views, wood burning fireplace, utility kitchen, fridge (furnished with breakfast foods) truly a delight to have such a great stocked kitchen. We'll return for sure❤️️
...

Room tip: Acacia is the dog cottage
Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank yvonnebutterfly
Reviewed September 10, 2016

We loved staying at Dancing Coyote. We were a couple with a teen-age child. We slept upstairs, our son downstairs. With the sofa bed folded up, we had plenty of room to hang out in the living room. The kitchen was very well stocked and I enjoyed sitting out on our little back decl to have my coffee in the mornings.

The hotel is right on beautiful Drake Bay and there is a lovely deck, surrounded by flower borders, for guests to use. We sat out there one afternoon while waiting for a friend to come up from SF and saw a rainbow arch over the bay. Incredible. My son, who is a birder, saw a lot of interesting birds from the shore behind the cottages.

The only cons: when I booked, the only apartment/suite that remained available was the one closest to the main road. The cottage is lower than the road, but the road is less than 10 yards away, though obscured by vegetation. The first night was especially noisy. We were there in March so could close the windows without it getting too hot. If I could have, I would have chosen the cottage closest to the water. It also has a great deck.

There's a nice (pricey) restaurant right up the street as well as a general store. Point Reyes Station is close by for groceries, especially cheeses and wine. Overall, a great stay at Dancing Coyote!

Room tip: The cottage closest to the ocean is the best
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank worldstrider
Reviewed August 29, 2016

The place is like a little secret hideaway, nestled in one of the last private beaches on the Inverness side of Tomales Bay. The building looks a bit funky at first but there is rhyme to the reason. Every unit has a deck, and outdoor access, and views to both sides of the Bay. It's quite spectacular. It's absolutely luxurious because you have everything you need: a great sitting chair, a roaring fireplace, a well stocked kitchen with fresh eggs & butter, and great teas, a great bed with views from all sides. Then, there is the outdoor garden, with an open deck with adirondack chairs, evoking some other place... I call it my West Cast Martha's Vineyard. The proprietors were absolutely gracious. We hiked, went kayaking, had a great drive and meal at Nick's Cove and Sir and Star, and read... what luxury.

Room tip: We had the Birch Room. THe rooms closer to the Bay are larger and more access to views.
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank ljasminek
Reviewed August 19, 2016

Our family had a terrific stay at Dancing Coyote Beach. The cottages are cozy, adorable and comfortable with beautiful views out of every window. Rachel and Greg have thought of every detail to make the cottages a wonderful place to stay, while enjoying the peaceful surroundings of Tomales Bay. The location is perfect for exploring the Point Reyes National Seashore and visiting the many beaches. The local breakfast offerings provided in each cottage are perfect for a make your own breakfast! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at DCB.

Date of stay: August 2016