All reviews birch cottage english muffin private beach farm fresh eggs the cottages tomales bay local produce yogurt coffee beans well appointed kitchen point reyes walls are thin spent two nights muir woods coffee maker short drive living room
Reviewed August 19, 2016

Our family had a terrific stay at Dancing Coyote Beach. The cottages are cozy, adorable and comfortable with beautiful views out of every window. Rachel and Greg have thought of every detail to make the cottages a wonderful place to stay, while enjoying the peaceful surroundings of Tomales Bay. The location is perfect for exploring the Point Reyes National Seashore and visiting the many beaches. The local breakfast offerings provided in each cottage are perfect for a make your own breakfast! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at DCB.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mulvaneylp
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed there Christmas Eve, and Christmas 2015. Such a beautiful place. Scenic views out our living room window of the shipwreck. We did walk around the area and checked out the shipwreck. I have to say(although this may actually deter some people, or they may not believe me), but I felt a presence pass behind me the first night(Christmas Eve), then the second night(Christmas), as I was sleeping on couch(sis in loft), I heard footsteps walk around behind me. I was too afraid to look. I also thought it might have been the cleaning lady and I got mad at first. It took awhile but I did finally look and of course no one was there! I checked the door and it was still locked. I didn't know about the shipwreck being haunted(so people say), so looking back I believe someone connected to the shipwreck might have followed me back to the cottage. I do seem to attract these types of things. The grounds were designed attractively and the cottage was clean, spacious, and homey. The proprietor was very friendly and hospitable. We dined Christmas night at a nearby restaurant. On the drive there(sister was driving) it was dark yet with almost a full moon and lightly drizzling. As a passenger I saw a moonbow! All in all, it was a magical stay and I would highly recommend it!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TinaJ1329
Reviewed July 5, 2016

A bit of funky architecture right on the water (when the tide is in). Truly peaceful and beautiful. I loved that the breakfast part was left to us, our timing, our tastes. If you are looking for a cozy spot, this is it. I can't wait to return!

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank Tiffany P
Reviewed June 4, 2016

The place is nice and quite and perfect for a get away weekend. Not luxury by an means but if you like cabins, a bit of 'wilderness' and quiet this is the sweetspot for affordable and unique in Inverness.

Room tip: closest to the shore is best but all the rooms are quaint
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Freddie_8484
Reviewed April 24, 2016

Wanted to give a 3.5 but couldn't bring myself to call the place a 4/5 "very good". If it were less expensive, then maybe. So I think 3 is fair.

My wife and I are among the group who have stayed at Dancing Coyote Beach several times in the past. We actually stopped going because the set-up is not quite our style. However, our other go-to VRBO wasn't available any more, so we thought we would try it out again.

The place is pretty much how we remembered it ~5 years ago. It's nice, but we actually prefer rentals that provide some food/coffee supplies relative to the length of your stay and then don't bother with daily cleaning. We got the beach-front unit this time, which we never had before - but it was a little disappointing due to two families with two sets of juvenile and teen-age children running around the property throughout the day. The neighboring unit's shower was outside directly behind our patio with a thin wood divider - it was like we were in the shower with them. Walls were thin and we could hear them inside the unit, as well. Not the private get-away we prefer for the area.

We were also a bit disappointed when we arrived at 3:45pm to find the cleaning people still there. I noticed a few upgrades since we were last there, but they seem to be in the spirit of simply maintaining rather than adding anything new or interesting. Looks like there was a new oven unit poorly installed with holes left in the wood were the knobs of the old oven used to be, a new/boring/ugly plastic drip coffee maker, and a fresh coat of teal paint on the fireplace. The cushion on the balcony was moldy, one of the curtains didn't work, the "comforter" and pillows were old and quite uncomfortable, and my english muffin was soggy (from condensation in the min-fridge, I guess?).

So just a bunch of little things, but considering the price, they add up and bring the rating down.

Date of stay: March 2016