“Can I rate this a Zero?”

Inglewood Plaza Inn
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had reservations for the night before our trip and the night following our trip. We did not stay the second night. Our first clue of the safety of the neighborhood was the bullet-proof glass that the receptionist was behind. The second clue was that the lights automatically came on when someone got up in the night... this made it feel like that was in case someone entered your room uninvited.

Firstly, the room smelled like urine. The bathroom door hinge was broken. A chair at the table was broken. Sink and shower faucets were marginal. The towels were very thin and scratchy.

The hotel provided LAX shuttle to take and return you to the airport. The pick-up from the airport was horrendous. It took over one hour to get us (hotel is 10 mins away). I called them 3 times to check where they are. They said to look for an unmarked white van. When he arrived, the van had no functioning seat belts (IN LA traffic), my seat cushion had sunk into the seat and was falling apart. The driver was rude to passengers who weren't in the right spot and raced in and out of traffic. Horrible service.

I would not recommend this hotel or this shuttle service.

Room Tip: Not at THIS location!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dayzpen

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Room clean, with fridge. TV channels lacking. Stay was made unpleasant by neighbours (noisy, loud, inconsiderate). No complaint with hotel or staff. Good value for money (if you have quiet, considerate neighbours).

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a noisy hotel. The next building is arms length away and has dogs that bark continually if the owner is not home, I presume, because it can go on for hours and hours and then stops. There is also airplane noise which I expected, but the street noise even in back comes right through.

Main complaint is the internet didn't work AT ALL!!! I don't carry a smart phone so to me having a hotel with internet you can actually use is SO important. The guy at lobby window did let me sit in the side room to use internet which was nice but having it when you need it and in your room is worth paying extra for elsewhere.

I spent a lot of time at McDonalds after that so I could use internet.

The hotel seems to harbor mostly longer term boarders. Marijuana smoke drifted out of the room nearest mine. I never once saw anyone come or go that looked like a regular traveler-yet im sure they have some. I just didn't see one.

I found the bed to be fine for this price range hotel. The room was large. A waste basket in the bathroom or area of sink though would be helpful. The only one is at the entry to the room.

I was concerned the small lot would fill up if I left later for dinner but the lady at the desk said don't worry! She was right. It does have free parking. Some hotels charge! They have a service that stops by for the airport at $10, but I had a car.

There is no elevator. You carry your bags up steps. 42 steps up to my floor....yea I counted them 4 x 8 and then a 10! Some people with health issues or of advanced years could have real trouble here.

Some peoples reviews here said unsafe. I didn't see anyone lurking though that looked like a danger inside the hotel property. The area is heavily Mexican/Salvadoran so you have some good eating options out there too for those willing to go beyond the average American comfort zone. Some of the taco trucks on Inglewood Blvd are highly rated on here and they had quite a crowd. I didn't try them as it was cold, and dark, but next time Im going to the trucks!

I don't know if they put out breakfast or not. Usually they tell you something on checkin as to hours and location. He said nothing, but I later saw a set up when I used the internet there. So maybe they do. However with no internet I was off to McD to eat where I could use internet.

The manager told me they were working on their internet, ETHOSTREAM to get it working right then...but nothing ever changed. Still didn't work the next day either.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MikeATL
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here in late October this year for a single night on layover after arriving from Australia.
The room was very clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. However, the room light was motion activated, it seems and would randomly turn on during the night and wake me up.

The staff were wonderfully accommodating, even allowing me to check in at around 9 am. The taxi fare from LAX to the airport is around $20 from the airport and $15 to the airport.

The hotel has free wifi, which was sadly horrible. Would drop out constantly and the speeds were just as bad. I literally had faster internet speeds in Australia back in 2000. I would suggest that they invest in some better wifi repeater hardware. If the hotel management wants to reach out to me, I could suggest some alternatives.

The breakfast was quite spartan, with danishes and coffee with some sort of whitening powder. We don't have "creamer" in Australia, so I found it quite terrible. For the love of god guys, please supply real milk for the coffee.

On the flip side, there are several places where you can get decent takeaway food for dinner, as well as a Target a few blocks past the casino, as well as many other stores for whatever you need in the immediate vicinity.

Overall, I was quite happy with my stay and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Firstly we stood in reception ringing the bell for nearly 15 minutes, had to ring the phone in the end, a dirty scruffy man came out hardly said two words to me, even when I said we had been
standing there for ages. As for the room not very clean and very shabby. bedding needs a good
wash, I would not use the blankets. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cludasdulac
Timesh_p, General Manager at Inglewood Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the experience you encountered while visiting my hotel we have been working very hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel for all our guest. This issue will be taken seriously and I would like to take this time to offer you a discounted stay in the future and you will see the problems have been addressed.

Best regards,

Tim patel, GM

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here recently--needed a place near LAX for an early morning flight, and I had some Choice Hotel points I could use. Well...I should have just payed for a decent hotel rather than waste my points on this "hole". It's probably the least kept-up hotel I've ever stayed at. There were holes in the drywall; no hot water, the receptionist was behind a barrier so as not to get robbed or shot (I suppose), the airport shuttle consisted of the 2nd receptionist taking me to the terminal in his old Camero. I suppose this place could be worth the stay if the cost was, say, $10/night. Look elsewhere!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joel L
Timesh_p, General Manager at Inglewood Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Joel

I want to first apologize for the stay you experienced at my property we are currently undergoing management changes and will make sure no one will ever endure an experience like the one you had. You have my word these issues will ALL be addressed the next time you are in the area call the hotel ask for Tim and I guarantee you will have experience the service you deserve and we will exceed your expectations.

Tim,
General Manager.
(310) 672-7285

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a flight in the morning and decided we should stay as close to the airport as we can get within choice hotels options. The breakfast, indeed as the previous reviewer called, spartan, was quick and coffee was the finest addition. We used their printer and staff was helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us, Im glad to hear my staff was helpful but your thoughts are very important for running a great hotel so we will address the breakfast. Next time you visit La please come by ask for Tim I will gladly make sure your stay will exceed your expectations.

Tim