“Uggh,bad,bad , bad”

Inglewood Plaza Inn
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I booked this 'pit over the 'net. It looked okay online,but when I got there I was very concerned. The 'lobby' is a piece of bulletproof (that's what it said) glass.Behind it was a miserable excuse of a man. Now i work with miserable people at work ,but this guy took the cake. The room was worn,not elevator,no internet,ac unit barely worked. I was awoken to gunshots (no lie!!) on the 1st nite. Housekeeping turns off the AC when you're away,so you come back to a hot room. The neighborhood is bad,especially at night. Do not go out after dark!!
Please,look elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank vargas37

Reviewed April 1, 2008

OMG where to start! Just by reading the other reviews im glad that i am not alone in thinking this place is the worst! The hotel stated that they would pick myself and other companions at the LA airport. It took us forever to actually get through to them and by the time they eventually came to pick us up nearly an hour had passed. The lobby and stairway was disgusting, not to mention our rooms. It is in the worst neighborhood and on of our rooms was broken into and passports stolen! They gave us no help towards travel to and from the hostel and to eventually get back to the airport we had to arrive 2 hours earlier then we were meant to as the shuttle had overbooked and otherwise we would miss our flight! worst two nights ever!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My husband and I decided to stay here the last night of our vacation because we had an early morning flight and it was cheap enough. Big mistake. The outside looks okay but the rooms are terrible. The curtains were falling off the window (which had a large hole in it). There were no bedside lamps, clock or even remote for the tv. When you flushed the toilet, it leaked all over the floor. Towels were threadbare and damp. We expected it to be a bit noisy being near the airport, but the traffic and pedestrian noise all night kept us up. We also didn't feel like it was a safe place to stay. Young lady at the front desk could have cared less if we stayed or left and I had to ask three times for an ashtray for our "smoking" room. Even though it was cheap ($54 night) I would never stay here again. Travelers Beware!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bahrsm
Reviewed January 23, 2008

I arrived at the airport and called the hotel. I got an answering machine with a mans voice saying Hi this is Mark, leave a message.. I thought I dialed the wrong number. I called again and got the hotel.. it was the same number ( go figure) so I told the clerk that I needed the shuttle and within the half hour I was at the hotel. The front desk clerk was fast asleep. I couldnt wake this guy up. I was knocking on the bullet proof glass, I was knocking on the door to the office i was shouting, all to no avail. I called the hotel with my cell and guess what? I got that same answeing machine with the mans voice (NOT A PROPER HOTEL GREETTING) again I was wondering if I called the wrong number but this time I could hear the answering machine in the back office. So for a half hour I was standing there steaming as it was after 11 pm and I had to up at 5am to get ready for another flight, Mind you I came in from the east coast... so the time difference I WAS TIRED.
I called Choice hotels and they called and woke the man.
no apology nothing he just checked me in...
In the room was no iron WHICH I NEEDED. NO CLOCK RADIO.
NO HAIR DRYER.
THERE Was a pair of sissors in the room and when I opened the night stand there were papers and ashes and butts... in a non smoking room....Hmmmmm...
OK so I get up in the morning and go to the desk to as for a recipt as i was charged more than the rate I was quoted by 10.00 and the clerk was asleep again this time bare foot..
I did wake him this time and he said the machine was down and I couldnt get a recipt...I work as an ExecutiveHousekeeper for a Comfort Inn So please dont judge all Choice hotels. THIS ONE WAS A JOKE....really a NIGHTMARE.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank dmbatl
Reviewed January 23, 2008

The lobby was under construction but no big deal while I was there. Although my room was supposedly non-smoking it stunk. The TV was very fuzzy but the real concern I had was the door locks were close to falling off the hinges. It looked like someone had tried to break in before. I was right above the lobby so probably fairly safe but it was a tad disconcerting. Also the room had not been cleaned properly. I found evidence of previous tenants. I asked to get a room furthur back, (away from the street), but was informed that they were all two bedrooms. I doubt the accuracy of that statement. There was a small frig in the room but I turned it off as it was so loud. (Admittedly I am a light sleeper). One of the light bulbs in the room was burnt out.

Well, the price was right! And there was a free copy of USA today and the manager told me about a good place for breakfast in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank canadiangal777
Reviewed November 13, 2007

1. The girl in reception office didn't look at my face in any moment, making me feel I was going to a prison, but not a hotel.
2. She demonstrated me she didn't know how to treat the people because she didn't say at least "I'm sorry" when I had to come back to the office because the key didn't open the door of my room. Without looking at my faces, she only made a new card-key and gave me without any word.
3. She didn't told me a right information when I asked her about the internet: she told me to connect at my computer the telephone cable and no more. So I had to ask her about an user and a password. Then she told me the right answer. But when I was in my room, I realised that she should give me the telephone number I have to call to use the telephone cable. Fortunately, my computer detected the wifi and I tried with the user and password told, so it worked. But I asked myself: ¿Is it that the girl doesn't know what is the kind of internet connection it's working in the hotel?
4. The entrance to the hotel was depressing, but when I came to my room, it was even worse. Towels were clean but broken and very used, the same with the coverage of bed, the restroom was full of insects, the W.C without tap, the sink hadn't tap and the griffin was broken too. In the bath I could find two hairs of the previous guest.
5. One of the lamps in the bed hadn't bulb, so the room was really darker and depressing.
6. The TV screen is so older and used that you see all the image green.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank Darwinista
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We stayed here for one night and payed just under $70.00 for 2 people. The whole experience was horrible. First upon checking in around 7:30 p.m. we were told the credit card machine was down so cash only. We stated it wasn't an option we were going to use a credit card. As there was only one person working at the entire hotel she finally stated fine I'll call you when it's working again. We stated we'd rather just pay in the morning as it had been a long day but no she would call us. She did finally call around 9-9:30p.m we were already in bed so my husband had to get dressed to go down and pay. The curtains in the room were torn off the rod in the middle so they hung slightly open, the light on the ceiling had no light bulb so there was only 1 small light on each side of the bed to try and read by. The next morning upon getting in the shower we found out there was soap left in it with hair on it from the maid and there was only cold water coming out as the shower head was stripped. We called the front desk but as I was freezing from this experience I had already given up on a shower. The front desk sent a man to check it and he confirmed it was stripped. Then about a half hour after the man checked and we were ready to just get out of there the front desk called (too late) to tell us we could use another room to shower. The blow dryer was cracked in 2 places and looked dangerous. Upon checking out the front desk was horrible, but finally offered to give us 10 percent off--what an insult after that experience.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business