“a good park & fly alternative”

Inglewood Plaza Inn
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The Econo Lodge isn't fancy but it is clean, convenient and inexpensive. My experience seems to be the opposite of some other travelers - not sure why. My room was huge with a compfy king bed and updated bathroom. The staff were all very friendly -- the airport shuttle was prompt (within 15 minutes.) I will stay again when flying out of LAX.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrea M
There are newer reviews for Inglewood Plaza Inn

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Stay away from this place. The rooms are dirty, the surrounding area is infested with vagrants and the hotel seemed to be occupied by mostly prostitutes from the "gentleman's" club down the street.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SummerWind5
Reviewed September 8, 2011

About the best I can say for this place is that is has a roof and beds. It's a LONNNG G way from LAX. It's dirty, staff is unfriendly, "breakfast" is shabby, beds are uncomfortable, barking dogs would have kept us up had we not been so travel weary. We waited for 45 mins for the airport shuttle, then finally gave up and took a $20 cab ride. This place makes sleeping under a bridge seem like a favorable option.

Room Tip: This place has no
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ralphVermont
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I have spent my life travelling for work so I have stayed in many different classes of hotel. I do not require much since for the most part I just sleep in the room.
For this trip I was going to be in the room for only 6 hours so I looked for the least expensive hotel near LAX that met all of my needs (No smoking room, close to LAX, free parking, internet access, breakfast, clean and safe).
This was such a dissapointment! The room was musty and dirty with poorly lit hallways. My first warning was when I went to check in and the front desk clerk was behind security glass (like in the bank)!
Never again. Stained ceilings, dirty phone and remote, spiders, broken lock on room door. I took pictures to post in my office to warn coworkers to stay away from this place.
This is the only hotel that I have ever slept in my bed fully clothed with all of the lights on!
Oh, BTW, that breakfast that they advertized.......a pot of coffee and a box of 6 donuts in the lobby!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gymfly
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We booked this on line for 1 night stay before an early morning flight out of LAX. When we arrived, my young son and I, witnessed people hanging out in the poorly lit parking lot, and a loud disagreement being had by the front desk attendant and a woman outside her room. We went in to find the front desk behind the bullet proof glass, and I politely told the man we would not be staying since we felt unsafe. He was nice enough but told us there was nothing he could do for us, no refund. We left and checked into the Comfort Inn up the street.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Greenthumb_11
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We've stayed at the Motel 6 down the street from this Econo Lodge before and had MUCH better service and a much better experience. We'd stay there 10 times out of 10 in the future rather than staying at this motel. The location in the neighborhood made us feel somewhat unsafe. The (outdoor) hall outside the elevator was dark and sketchy with no light, blind corners and public access (no attention to detail to replace the burnt out bulb). Our room was adequate with plenty of space in the room and bathroom (we had an ADA approved room), but the AC worked only intermittently (during a hot spell), there was not even one towel in the bathroom and only a few scant pieces of TP left on the only roll to be found. "Breakfast" consisted of donuts, fruit loops, coffee and juice and ended at 9.

So, it's back to the comfortable, secure, safer, conveniently located Motel 6 for our next inexpensive night sleep near LAX from now on.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thinkz_with_head
Reviewed June 20, 2010

It was nice to check in my car and stay here for early departure. Breakfast was good, transport was free and quick hassle free. Not fancy but clean. quiet pool

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple