“The worse hotel I have ever been around the world”

Inglewood Plaza Inn
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Spain
“The worse hotel I have ever been around the world”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2007

1. The girl in reception office didn't look at my face in any moment, making me feel I was going to a prison, but not a hotel.
2. She demonstrated me she didn't know how to treat the people because she didn't say at least "I'm sorry" when I had to come back to the office because the key didn't open the door of my room. Without looking at my faces, she only made a new card-key and gave me without any word.
3. She didn't told me a right information when I asked her about the internet: she told me to connect at my computer the telephone cable and no more. So I had to ask her about an user and a password. Then she told me the right answer. But when I was in my room, I realised that she should give me the telephone number I have to call to use the telephone cable. Fortunately, my computer detected the wifi and I tried with the user and password told, so it worked. But I asked myself: ¿Is it that the girl doesn't know what is the kind of internet connection it's working in the hotel?
4. The entrance to the hotel was depressing, but when I came to my room, it was even worse. Towels were clean but broken and very used, the same with the coverage of bed, the restroom was full of insects, the W.C without tap, the sink hadn't tap and the griffin was broken too. In the bath I could find two hairs of the previous guest.
5. One of the lamps in the bed hadn't bulb, so the room was really darker and depressing.
6. The TV screen is so older and used that you see all the image green.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Every thing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Darwinista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2007

We stayed here for one night and payed just under $70.00 for 2 people. The whole experience was horrible. First upon checking in around 7:30 p.m. we were told the credit card machine was down so cash only. We stated it wasn't an option we were going to use a credit card. As there was only one person working at the entire hotel she finally stated fine I'll call you when it's working again. We stated we'd rather just pay in the morning as it had been a long day but no she would call us. She did finally call around 9-9:30p.m we were already in bed so my husband had to get dressed to go down and pay. The curtains in the room were torn off the rod in the middle so they hung slightly open, the light on the ceiling had no light bulb so there was only 1 small light on each side of the bed to try and read by. The next morning upon getting in the shower we found out there was soap left in it with hair on it from the maid and there was only cold water coming out as the shower head was stripped. We called the front desk but as I was freezing from this experience I had already given up on a shower. The front desk sent a man to check it and he confirmed it was stripped. Then about a half hour after the man checked and we were ready to just get out of there the front desk called (too late) to tell us we could use another room to shower. The blow dryer was cracked in 2 places and looked dangerous. Upon checking out the front desk was horrible, but finally offered to give us 10 percent off--what an insult after that experience.

• Liked — USA Today newspaper
  • Disliked — lack of customer service
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sheri J
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

Upon arrival we found that the non-smoking room had cigarette holes in the sheets, plus the hotel was in a really bad part of town and was under construction. The reception area was behind a glass window where we could not speak with the host.We did not stay there and requested a refund for our reservations.

Stayed October 2007
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

We needed a place to stay for one night and found this Econo Lodge listed in a hotel coupon book. On the plus side, the front desk clerk accepted the discount voucher (but I've only ever found the non-chain establishments to reject them).

In terms of location, it is located near LAX airport. There were quite a lot of hookers walking around on the road the motel is on. In fact, on driving into the motel parking lot (which is free parking, something you don't find with the big hotels close to LAX), there was a pimp having a semi-heated discussion with one of his ladies. On checking in, the clerk checked we weren't planning to have any "visitors" to the room! I guess the motels in this area must have a problem with that.

The room was clean, fresh and a good size. It was one of the better motel rooms I have stayed in. The front desk clerk was fairly amiable.

I wouldn't have any problem staying here again for a night.

• Liked — Clean room in good condition
  • Disliked — Hookers and pimps hanging around in the area
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with friends
Clovis, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2006

Don't stay at this hotel. Awful area. Adult book and video stores all around the hotel. Our room was at the end of the hotel and we looked out to an apartment building with bars on the windows. Cockroachs in the bathroom and as far as breakfast, stale at least 3 day old donuts and coffee. Stay away.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2006
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2006

I booked this through Hostelworld.com and was expecting it to be AAE LA Hostel and Economy Hotel. It was rather confusing, as it turned out to be an Econo lodge?? but I figured that was probably a bonus
The main reason for choosing it was cause it was dirt cheap ($25 a night for a twin room with breakfast)
The location was rubbish, but didn't seem too bad, although I didn't wander out at night. It was fine if you have a car.
It felt like it was at the end of the runway, as the planes flew right overhead and Very low. The noise was loud, but I slept ok, although my fiancee didn't, as she is a light sleeper
We had two nights here. The breakfast was really bad. It was just a cup of coffee and a stale donut - not quite what I was expecting. The guy at the desk was really nice and moved us when our non smoking room stank of smoke.
Our room was fine once we moved. It was spacious, clean and better than I expected from the run down look of the motel from the outside
It took about 30 mins to drive to hollywood depending on the time of day. It was very empty, probably cause it's not at all scenic.
I don't think i'd stay again, but it is very cheap.

• Liked — Price was very cheap
  • Disliked — Location, right beneath noisy planes arriving and leaving LAX
  • Tips/Secrets — Try find somewhere a bit nearer to the action unless your on a real budget
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, Ca.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2005

The Inglewood Econo Lodge is located a few blocks from where I work and I needed a place to stay overnight to avoid a long drive home for my wife and I.

I should have slept in a dumpster. It is the most depressing Hotel I have ever stayed in in my entire life. The room was filthy. the carpet was so stained that I was afraid to take off my shoes. The table and chairs neeed to be replaced. All furniture with a level sueface had cigarette burns from one end to another. The cheap dresser had 2 drawers and each had the borttom kicked out. There was no toilet paper, clean glasses, soap or wash cloth. The smoke decetor had been removed.

I had to return to the manager's office twice to get items supplied. The Manager told me there were no clean washcloths and he went into his own room to get one. This place had to be an Opium den or a crack house. It was noisy and smelly. I requested to have another room and was told the place was full and no other rooms were available. I had booked online through a discount web-site and there was no refund.

When my wife arrived after work she read me the riot act for booking this turd of a hotel. I complained to the coporate office and the Los Angeles County Fire Department. I recieved a coupon for the value of my stay but I have not been itching to return to any Econo Lodge after this fiasco.

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business