“handy value near LAX”

Hollywood Inn Express LAX
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is not a plush modern hotel, but a slightly outdated, clean and friendly place to spend thd night. We are a family of 4 who needed a room with 3 beds to spend the night after taking a late flight into LAX. Our room was spacious and the 3 double beds were comfortable. It had everything we needed including a fridge. So far so good. Unfortunately breakfast was a little sparse with only cornflakes, frozen waffles, or cheap bread to choose from. There was a toaster but with only 2 slots there was a constant queue. I would stay here again but maybe next time take my own cereal and some jam too as butter was all that was provided.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Samantha J

Reviewed June 8, 2013

this Hotel isn't the best but it is more than adequate for the price and the location after a long flight, The BUS too the hotel is easy too get its close to rental car companies , its close too Santa Monica Beach I didn't mind the place at all, It is LA unless u want % start for $350 plus a night it is fine there are elements of gangsters and Poor people about but its OK.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank W0rldcitizenkiwi
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The place is horrible, it seems like a horror movie hotel, strange people who talks to you in the middle of the night. Noises all night long. The shower didn´t work very well and the courtain fell above me.
Not worth neither for the location (close to the LAX airport).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank marianaruffato_13
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms smell horrible. This is a place where poor families live and gangsters take shelter. This is not a 'family establishment' like you would expect. I regretted every second I stayed there. I slept in my clothes. Barely slept at all as I was concerned what I might get from the sheets. Wore my shoes to bed. A standard only the third world could bring to North America. I can't believe for $20 more I could have spent an evening in comfort and civilization. I ate dinner at The Westin just so I could loiter in opulence for a few hours. Biggest mistake I've made in a while. If you can afford to fly, you can afford to stay elsewhere. The smell...dear god, the smell. Filthy. This hotel should not be on RedTag saying what it says.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank JebuzChrist
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is very nice. I remember it was called something else and the workers were not as friendly. they even have little breakfast food. the rooms are clean and the experience was good. i will be staying here again when i come back to Los angeles

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed March 11, 2013

When we booked this hotel we was looking for hotels in Santa Monica and they was very expensive so looked a little bit out of town! Never again without looking on hear! When we got there we knew it was a smoking room but it stunk vile ! And people knocking on doors hanging about it was all way to dodgy for my liking, the room was disgusting we left pretty quick after booking another hotel and dint ask for refund just was glad to get out alive it was like gangsters hide out!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Looks can be deceiving. Came into the room and it gave of a smell. Requested a double bed and they gave me a one bed with sleeper sofa. Opened the sleeper sofa and a piece of dried up slice of pizza behind it! ("Left overs anyone?") Gross.. plus it gets better. Around 12:00am someone knocks at our door refusing to leave (O.o) scary.. plus no sleep from I guess their regulars that I guess stay here and visit each other like its just them staying here and have no consideration for others. Slamming of doors and yelling up a storm. If this is a 2 star hotel I give it a -2 star. Never again will I book anything below 3 1/2 stars first and last of a horrific experience!

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Value Inn Worldwide
#10 of 33 in Inglewood
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#16 of 33 in Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Hollywood Inn Express LAX? Share your experiences!