“Dumpy but served purpose”

Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were taking a late flight home and wanted a place near LAX to spend a few hours while we waited to catch our midnight flight. We stayed here and had 'walk-in' coupon (usually we book our hotels in advance). Of course, the rate on the coupon was not given but we did get a room at $5.00 more. The motel is in a scary area. Since we only watched TV, the room servedd its purpose; however we would not have slept in this room. The hotel had recently upgraded its TV service and had the channel we wanted to watch (or we would not have stayed here). We don't recommend this hotel to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport

Reviewed February 18, 2013

On 2011 my husband and I decided to stay at this hotel for a night on our way to another destination. When we arrived to the hotel we asked at the reception if the place was safe. The receptionist said nothing bad happened in that area, how wrong he was, the next day at 3 am when we were at the lobby of the hotel waiting for the shuttle bus we were mug for an african american who almost kill me due to the struggle i put up to protect my bag with all our documents passports, cash, cell phones, credit cards and absolutely everything. We were going to the college graduation of my eldest son and we never made it. The receptionist of the hotel only show up at the very end of our ordeal. The shuttle bus guy never helped us but he saw our ordeal from the bus. My husband was the only person trying to protect me from the guy who attacked me. The attacker throw me to the floor, pull my hair, broke one of my fingers, my lip, broke my husband finger too and run away with absolutely all our belongings. We never maid it to the graduation of my son and i was in shock and in pain for a long time.
The hotel never apology, never offered us anything but charged the night!
Never stay in that hotel, the area is very unsafe and the hotel does not have security neither a shuttle.
The worst hotel ever and i travel always around the world.

Room Tip: Never stay in that hotel unless you want to be a target
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Easy to get to from the car rental joint. Easy access to 2 major highways. Not such a bad neighboorhood. Cheap eats right around there.
The staff was nice and competent. The breakfast was hot and straight.
I wish I had made the reservation straight with the hotel. The "Cheapo Air" broker locked me into a higher price than was necessary.

Room Tip: Top floor has a little less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a terrible and high priced hotel.... We spent one night (Thank God) and leave from there...Beds were terrible, everything smells like cigarette, customer service were trying to overcharge us they night, breakfast awful, and the area is really dangerous..

NEVER STAY THERE...!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We wanted to be near the airport. When we checked in they asked if we wanted to be upgraded to a Jacuzzi room - we said sure, why not. The room was large & had everything we could want: hair dryer, ironing board & iron, refrigerator, micro, good TV, & the Jacuzzi was very nice. We
would definitely stay there again! Even tho we were on the 3rd floor, the planes were not
bothersome. Breakfast was typical, the staff was very nice. The place was clean. It was near
many places to eat. What more could you want?! Definitely worth the money!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have travelled through America for the last two weeks and stayed at 8 different hotels. We booked this hotel for our last night in LA as it is very close to the AIirport. Good Location for the Airport , but dont go out of the door! This was the worst hotel by far we have slept in. The bed sheets were clean and ironed but very very old , so old that they have holes in them!!!! The place was dusty and very stained and run down. The bath tub was very old and stained. Someone have urinated on the stairs and the floors in the corridors and staircases were dirty.

There was complimentary basic breakfast but with only two small tables available to eat in so we have to eat it standing up.

We couldn't wait to get out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 33 in Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport? Share your experiences!