Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
USA
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

There are a number of hotels closer to LAX. The shuttle was very slow to pick me up at LAX. When it came, the driver played absurdly loud music (near midnight). Check in was prompt. Room was clean but very basic. Wake up call lacked the normal courtesy -- just said "wake up call." I'm not so picky, but maybe "good morning"? For cheap price, I guess its (barely)!an ok place, but nothing great.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WingatebyWyndhamlax, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I am sorry that you had so many issues. I have spoken to the entire shuttle driver team about the music that can be played and have fixed that issue. You talk about a long wait time, but do not explain how long you waited. In most cases the wait time will be between 15-to 45 minutes. We take great pleasure that we own and operate our own shuttle, most of the other hotels share shuttles and there wait time is longer. I thank you for thank the time for your review and I hope that you can stay with us in the furture.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and ten-month old daughter stayed here for two nights after returning from a trip abroad. I had read a lot of great reviews before reserving a room at this hotel, and I also had a positive experience.

The location was very convenient because we had easy and quick access to a lot of different places like Manhattan Beach, the airport, and the downtown area.

We were also very happy with how accommodating the staff were and allowed us to check in very early, which was greatly appreciated after coming off of a ten-hour international flight.

The room was big and clean with great wifi connection, the parking was easy, and the breakfast was perfect for our needs. They had a nice assortment of breads, waffles, eggs and sausage, yogurt, juices and coffee, to name a few.

We were very satisfied with our time at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank msamtravel
Thank you for such a nice review. We do our best to allow an early check in at no cost for our guest. Even without scheduled check in time starting at 3pm. In most cases we can check people in to their room as early as 11 am. If you need an early check in our a late check-out, it is always best to contact the hotel directly and we can tell you what we can do for you
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our stay at this hotel for a three day weekend was a good experience. The front desk staff was very friendly and we were able to check in early at 11:30 AM. The parking was also free which is a rarity this close to the airport. Our room was a standard room with a King bed which overlooked LAX runways. The planes were loud but after a short while the noise was not a problem. The rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, in room safe and very good black out shades, as well as free WIFI. The hotel is located in a industrial area approximately five minutes from the airport. It is very close to the freeway entrance and exit ramps. Many eating facilities are located within a half mile including Chinese, Hamburgers, and Pizza. The rooms include a free hot buffet breakfast. It was not gourmet, but was a good value. A menu is posted in the eating area giving you the selections for each day. We would stay in this hotel again when flying out of LAX.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Breakfast, Internet, and yes PARKING are complimentary. We are one of the only hotels that do offer free parking. I love your review, it is who we are. Thank you for taking the time to write this for us.
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I used to always stay in this hotel when I traveled through LAX on my way to and from Mexico. My last trip, in September 2013, is the last time I will stay here. The evening desk staff are professional and courteous. On the other hand the man who handles the desk in the morning, even though he wears a suit and looks very professional, is SO rude. He sits in the corner behind the desk and reads the newspaper. When I have tried to check out (two different dates, once in Sept and once in March 2013) he sighs and makes it obvious that I am interrupting his morning routine. He will barely talk, will not answer questions, and can't wait for you to leave. I will not return to this hotel even though I like the location and the shuttle service and the nice clean rooms. This man is almost pathologically rude, not just harried or distracted. I can only assume he is the manager or is related to the manager. I just wish I had asked for his name (but I doubt if he would respond to that request, since he barely speaks). I would love to write a letter to corporate headquarters concerning his behavior.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dumplingmx
I would like to apology to you. This is not what we would like to hear from a review. As you can see by the other great reviews and the awards we have won from tripadvisor as an outstanding hotel your stay with us was not the norm. Please in the future if you have a problem like this; please ask to talk to talk to a manager so we could fix your issues right away. I hope that you change your mind and stay with us again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#82 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,388 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!