Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I ended up staying an extra day in LA and I needed an affordable place. I had already booked this place for July when I come back to LA so I figured with the rate I was getting this time around, I might as well stay here. Check in isn't till after 2 but I came around 1 pm, preparing that my room wasn't ready but to my surprise it was. King room has microwave, fridge, and pull out couch. And the AC is fabulous.

Parking is included as is the wifi! And the wifi actually works fast. I couldn't take another slow wifi. The put a $20 hold on your card if you prepaid for the hotel which is fine. The lady at the front desk was really nice, wish I got her name. Looks like the room has been updated.

I'll try the breakfast in the morning but so far, this room is great. I'm glad to come back in July.

The location is pretty industrial but since it's near LAX, you can't expect much. But if you have a car, you drive not even 5 minutes and there is Target, In N Out, Starbucks, Taco Bell and other places.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank emcarle

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Recently stayed at the Wingate Hotel LAX for 2 nights. The main reason we chose this hotel was that we were arriving late from Charleston and would like to go to a nearby hotel in LAX so we can have an early rest. Overall experience was less than satisfactory.
Good points: close to LAX, had free parking, room was reasonably clean, breakfast good enough to fill your stomach.
Bad points: Exterior of hotel seem old, staff service was indifferent and cold, room was quite dark (with only one small window at the right end corner of the room, pillow were small and bed was quite hard, staff at breakfast were more focused on watching TV rather than attending to guest needs, both elevators (lifts) were under maintenance during daytime so we had to take the stairs going 4th floor, overall interior was cold no spirit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LawrenceYTan
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Location is only for airport but was pleasantly suprised with room. Clearly renovated recently. Bathrooms were really nice!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Mpmav1
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at this location before when it was Hampton Inn, but I think it's even better as Wingate. Everything about it was perfect: Close to airport, easy access to the highways, free airport shuttle, extensive free breakfast, very clean rooms, free parking, free wireless, and the list goes on. This was also the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. The only issue I found was the in-room coffee maker did not work properly. But, because they have 24x7 free coffee and tea downstairs, it wasn't that big of a deal. I just went down and got some from there - which was probably better anyway. Even though I could hear the airplanes outside in the parking lot, and my room faced the airport, I did not hear the planes once while in my room. Very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have twice stayed here before early moring flights out of LAX. The hotel is clean and updated with large size rooms that have refrigerators and microwaves. We never ventured out of the hotel except to drive in our car to the airport since it's not in a tourist area! It's very conveniently located for returning rental cars. The breakfast is typical of hotel complimentary meals. Free parking is a plus, but the spaces are tiny and limited! Overall, great for a one night stay near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramekin
Reviewed March 29, 2012

If what you need is a good clean hotel at a reasonable price, this is your place. Due to scheduling changes I was stuck in LA for a day. I stayed at the Wingate for two nights. It's a nice clean hotel. Think Holiday Inn Express +1. Free parking as well and very close to the airport. I recommend for travelers needing a clean and affordable place to stay. No restaurant, no bar but free breakfast, Nice and clean which is my deciding factor. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

On a recent overseas trip out of LAX we stayed at the Super 8 LAX (a Wyndham property) on the way out and the Wingate on the way back. We had major shuttle problems at the Super 8 and the Wingate shuttle experience could have been better. With the Wingate, we called for the shuttle at 8:50 PM. At 9:30 PM we called again. It gets frustrating watching other shuttles and travelers come and go while you stand there. Just before 10 PM we were about to call again, when our shuttle showed up. When I complained to the driver, he showed me his log which indicated that he had been dispatched at 9:47 PM.

This is what I think happens. Most of the hotels around LAX use the same shuttle service. The larger and more expensive ones, however, have shuttles dedicated just to them and those are the ones that are seen on a regular basis. Hotels like the Super 8 and Wingate use the shuttles on an on call basis. This leaves room for dispatcher error and, as I would think the shuttles have programable signs, driver error if they forget to change the sign. So it's the luck of the draw with shuttles to the less expensive hotels. Sometimes it works well with a short wait--sometimes you stand under the red hotel shuttle sign for a long time.

Once we got to the hotel it was pretty good. Nice big clean room with a king size bed that passed the bedbug inspection. About a three block walk to McDonalds and a convenience store through a well lite area that didn't appear too scary. The 5 AM shuttle arrived right on time-just as they were putting out the breakfast. It looked good. Wish we would have had time to try it.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank muskrat2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Westside
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
The Westin Los Angeles Airport
#56 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!