“Wingate by Wyndham a great find”

Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Orange County, Calif.
“Wingate by Wyndham a great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I had an early flight out and needed an inexpensive hotel to stay at close to LAX. I was a leery of the neighborhood - it is definitely NOT one that you'd want to walk around day or night. That said, the hotel itself was clean, the rooms were very nice, the parking is free, AND they serve a breakfast which was not only cold items, but also omelets. Not fancy, but when you're on the go and don't want to spend a fortune, this is a good choice. It IS right at the freeway entrance, but wasn't really that loud. Not a place for a honeymoon, but when you need something last minute and plan to stay IN the hotel, this is a good choice

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mudslider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manteno, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I had read others had problems with reservations. I moved to this hotel from another very dirty property. I had the confirmation, but they did not show me in their system. They called reservations and they showed me. I had to go into the business center and print her off confirmation. Then she argued with me that I did not have the type room I reserved, but I had it on the confirmation.
You can tell this is an old Hampton, but they did a very nice job renovating. All was very nice and clean. No pool, breakfast was a little slim. Hotel was a great stay for the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I used to stay here when it was a Hampton Inn. First time back since the change. Very nice upgrade. I am pleased in every area including the warm welcome when we first arrived. The rooms are great! I can't believe the rates are so reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel is located directly at the LAX airport. There is a shuttle service for the hotel's guests. The rooms had obviously been redone a short time ago, everything looked really nice, modern and clean. The prices were reasonable and included free internet as well as continental breakfast in the lobby.
Parking can be an issue, because there are few spots and they are narrow so some trucks have to use two of them.

Room Tip: Some rooms are facing the highway and are noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neverco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is what I experienced of front desk dr. Jekyll mr. Hyde. A real trouble maker at front desk, refused me my folio unless I was first checked out. Dispicable. Gen mgrr got me folio thereafter but did not stop this nasty nut who waited until GM was gone to not extend. Watch your back here.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Cypresssea
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at Wingate by Wyndham at LAX the night before a flight home. After getting caught in rush hr. traffic when we arrived 5 days prior, we thought it would be safer to stay close to the airport the night before we left.

Wingate was easy to find, right on the 405. It was a quiet evening, arrived about 9:30 pm, didn't see many people out and about. We liked the room. We had a king bed (SO comfortable) and a sofa with a pull-out bed. Our room was clean, and the bathroom also. The AC cooled the room off in short order. Only complaint was that we couldn't get power outlets on the desk to work, so we had to charge our laptop and phones on the nightstand.

We went down for breakfast (complimentary) the next morning. They had western-style omlettes, cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels. Nothing fancy, but adequate.

There was free parking available. We were pleased with our stay. Room was $103 for the night, before tax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel has not fully transitioned from a Hampton Inn. Arriving at LAX after 30 hours of traveling I called the hotel to have the shuttle bus pick me up. The hotel did not answer. My girlfriend was already at the hotel so I called her cell and she tried to get someone to answer at the front desk. After numerous attempts, someone finally answered and agreed to send the shuttle bus. I was told to stand under the red sign, marked Hotel Shuttles and watch for their bus. After another 30 minutes I called the hotel again. Again, no answer. Finally a driver runs up to me...he had parked in the blue zone about 200 feet away. And worse of all - it was a Hampton Inn shuttle - no sign of any kind indicating a Wyndham Hotel. The driver said they were waiting for management to paint it. This hotel became a Wyndham FIVE MONTHS ago. Over an hour from LAX to the hotel!! - a ten minute drive at most. The final insult in the morning was to go outside to take the shuttle back to LAX and there was the bus with its hood raised and fluids dripping onto the ground. The hotel did pay for a taxi for us...another wait! I stayed her many times when it was a Hampton Inn and I am sure this would not have happened if they were still in control. And, the Hampton would have waived any charges if this happened I am sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#81 of 349 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,466 reviews

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!