Days Inn by Wyndham Los Angeles Lax/VeniceBch/Marina DelRay
$129
$90
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$150
$90
$72
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$141
$156
$140
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$137
$95
Diamond Inn(Inglewood)
$105
$99
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsuniversal studioslos angelesshuttle busgingerfreeway
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Outstanding front desk service. Clean rooms with unexpected pleasures. After arriving to Los Angeles at a drop of a dime, we called the Days Inn and TONY had us picked up and in our room within 40 minutes. We received a nice surprise when Lenny openned a little side room that had an extra bed. Outstanding service and a veritable encyclopedia from Mr. Tony.

Outstanding staff: Ginger, Robert, Ernesto, and Tony.
Continental breakfast with Up-scale gourmet doughnuts baked fresh every morning!

Thank you very much.

Room Tip: pick room #203
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 21, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am not a hotel snob by any means. I have stayed at many Days Inn, and I usually find them comfortable, friendly and great value. This one? Not so much.

I'll start with the good: The rooms are a decent size, and come with a useful minifridge and microwave, as well as an old TV with the usual range of cable channels. The place is aged, but the cleaner does a good job keeping things clean. There is free parking. I found the wifi to be strong and surprisingly fast. The pool looked nice enough. The location is good if you're coming from LAX and need a place to crash for a night.

However, the hotel itself is old, and not in the greatest state of repair. The beds are uncomfortable - very, very springy. The linens are of poor quality, although that is to be expected in a 2-star hotel. The aircon was old and noisy. The clerk on the desk when we arrived was unwelcoming. Breakfast was very poor, and the bread tasted stale, even after toasting.

The location itself is fine for a single night. I would not recommend anyone base their explorations of the LA area there, but then I would say the same about the airport Hilton and the other fancier LAX hotels. For longer stays, the hotel is next door to a Mexican Restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner, and I saw a couple of other chains and a Sizzler in the area. Still, the neighbourhood looked a bit dodgy and I don't know whether it is safe to wander around at night.

I would have given this hotel a much higher rating had a paid a lower price. However, at $85 a night it is not great value and next time I will pay a little extra and stay somewhere nicer, and with a better breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Not the greatest location, not the greatest property, but they do
have a free airport shuttle, low price for LAX airport area. But whatever the negatives, they make up with friendliness and a good night sleep. We got in about 8:00 pm, and were very hungry. Just outside the airport is a IN-N-OUT burger. I asked the driver how long it would take from the hotel back to the IN-N-OUT in a taxi. He politely stopped at the restaurant for us and waited, I bought him dinner as well and the evening was a success.

The hotel has a continental breakfast with the best donuts I've had in a while, and very friendly front desk people.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple