“OK for overnite only”

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
New York City, New York
“OK for overnite only”
Reviewed May 11, 2006

If you don't expect anything, you'll be OK.

Shuttle doesn't come that often, every 30 mins.

Try to get a room that is away from the Freeway side, I could barely sleep w/ the highway next door. And the AC I turned on to drown the freeway, but then you can only imagine how loud that was.

Check in and checkout was easy. Room is clean, but VERY spartan. TV was fuzzy except for 1 channel. Only amenity is soap. Pillows were flat, no internet, telephone in the room was static-y. I got here around 1130 and left in the morning so it was OK, but if I had to stay any amount of time longer I definately would not reccommend.

Stayed May 2006
4 Thank Christopher T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york
Reviewed March 24, 2006

I needed a hotel near the LA airport to get some sleep after a flight and catch another flight the next morning. I checked into Motel 6 Inglewood.
A friend tried to call my room and got busy signals. The front desk informed me that there was a hold on incoming calls from the previous guest that they had failed to remove.
I asked for an 8:30 am wake up call to get ready for my morning flight. It was fortunate that I did not oversleep because I NEVER got a wakeup call. Seeing the clumsy night staff at this place, I wasn't too surprised.
This place has got to get its act together.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank deebin
NJ
Reviewed February 23, 2006

i would only recommend this place if u have a flight the next day and want a good price.

(a stay of less than 2 days is recommended and that is just to sleep and shower) because Inglewood (a thorougly BAD neighborhood in LA is NOT the place to be ESPECIALLY if u have children.

the staff is quite hostile and the place if filled with two kinds of ppl, travellers and seedy locals who come there and leave.

the room was decent althought the bed i slept in had rock hard mattresses which were not enjoyable.the windows are sound proof so theere is not much worry about plane noise.

This is a high rise building with 2 elevators and one was out of service for my stay so everyone who came and went had to go in that 1 elevator. there is a laundry facility but id recommend a laundry mat anywhere else NOT in that neighborhood. and the parking is available.

just be glad for that. do not have high expectations of the whole LAX area because when it comes to the parking lot if u take a left u have officially entered inglewood, a californian ghetto and the hotels do not get any better but they do have cheaper rates.

if u take a right when exiting the motel 6 parking lot keep going, the hotels cost more because of amenities but the airport is there. planes are safer than the LAX area.

• Stayed October 2004
2 Thank lavieenrose1985
Manchester UK
Reviewed October 10, 2005

Motel 6 up to standard, usual 2 queen beds room ideal for family of 2 Adults + 2 kids, nice pool; close to airport, I guess 3 miles, but not much noise; excellent Mexican restaurant a few doors up (even our American hosts were impressed by the food); only drawback was a misunderstanding with Reception about the free shuttle bus to the airport - it only runs up to 1PM and then from 5PM. We had understood it to be available throughout (our flight departed at 5PM), so we stood like plonkers outside the hotel at 2PM waiting for the bus However, in fairness to M6, they arranged and paid for a taxi to take us to the airport for our flight. So top marks for customer service.
A very good budget family hotel. Excellent room rate. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank happy_families_8
California
Reviewed September 24, 2005

Inside the hotel, you could be at any high-rise airport hotel. It feels secure. Nice and clean.

The parking lot is an entirely different matter. I mean we are talking people just coming in off of Century Boulevard and walking around. One woman looked like she was working tricks. Some cars just come in and cruise the parking lot around and around. I certainly wouldn't want to leave a real expensive car here, or leave anything of value in the car. But that's what you get for $55 a night.

Inside, it was very nice.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank Salconn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

My wife and I needed a room for several nights in the LAX airport area. All we wanted awas a clean and comfortable place to sleep, shower, and change clothes. The Motel 6 LAX met our needs. There are no frills. Don't come to this hotel expecting the Marriot. But the spartan rooms were clean, well-kept, and comfortable during our stay. The linens were fresh and the bathrooms bright and clean. We found the service to be courteous and helpful.

We found the neighborhood to be unpleasant, so we were a bit nervous about leaving the car in the open parking lot overnight... but the situation is not much better at the more expensive hotels in the LAX area. The hotel does have armed security guards, unlike most of the budget hotels in the area. Non-guests are not allowed into the hotel after 10 pm -- you must show your room key to pass the lobby at night -- so there were no noisy parties during our stay. We didn't notice any aircraft noise, and the AC unit effectively drowned out the unavoidable street noise. We slept comfortably and undisturbed.

Our only annoyance to speak of was the fact that the elevators kept breaking down. About 1 out of every 4 times we needed to use the elevator, one of them was out of service temporarily.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel to anyone requiring budget accomodations in the LAX area.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2005

My wife, my infant daughter, and myself stayed at the Motel 6-LAX for several, relatively troublefree nights, mainly because it is economical and conveneiently located in the LAX area. Unfortunately, that is about the only thing this place has going for it. It's safe to say, this old hi-rise has seen better days, and frankly, desperately needs to be remodeled. It is situated, directly under a flight path, by a freeway in a seedy neighborhood, evidenced by the number of 'street' people that loiter the nearby sidewalks. The swimming pool was overcrowded and noisy, as endless 747's and other jumbo jets, repeatedly roar overhead as they approach the airport. The airliners fly low enough over the hotel, you can make out their livery.

The 5th floor room we stayed in was average to poor, as the carpeting and fixtures are very old, worn, and dirty. It also had a musty odor, which required us to open the large glass balcony door for fresh air, thereby letting in all the previously mentioned aircraft noise. The 19" TV had lousy reception and color, along with a poor channel lineup. The poorly lit elevators are very old and dingy, and need to be replaced, as their interior walls were covered with scratches and scribbling. Overall, this hotel's standards are inconsistant with the other motel6's weve stayed at in TX, AZ, and CA.

There didn't seem to be too many travelers among the guests, who overall seemed quite questionable. We did notice, that they do seem to hold many private parties at this hotel, based on the noise we heard thruout the long corridors, and other rooms at night during our stay.

• Stayed July 2003
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
LAX Area
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 33 in Inglewood

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!