“Roomy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wollongong, Australia
“Roomy”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were in LAX with nowhere to stay so we found this place through the telephone directory for visitors at Los Angeles Airport. We had phoned a few but there was no vacancy so we took this at $410 for two nights. Quite expensive. As we couldn't get wifi at LAX we weren't able to do any internet comparison. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the room is large. But its not a nice part of town and I wouldn't be wandering around at night. Complimentary breakfast and excellent free internet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have been here three times. This time was just fine. We called from the baggage area phones, American Airlines area. The shuttle area, Red Sign, was pretty close and the shuttle wait was less than 10 minutes. Very nice driver. The BW is at the corner of Felton Ave and Century Blvd. I admit, going across the street at 11 pm made me want to be extra watchful. But no probems, 7 11 was still open for a last meal of the day, still on Hawaii time. Our room was nice and clean and faced Century.
Road noise was minimal, until the morning. Large vehicles at the signal there can be loud. But we were leaving soon. The rooms are no smoking, but I noticed a cigarette burn on the couch. In the morning,
I advised Mary, FYI, at the desk. She demanded to know why I didn't report it last night, uh, 11:30, for a FYI, I don't think so. She inferred I was smoking, and caused the damage. I assured her I didn't smoke.
She said it would have to be inspected and if found to be my damage, I would be charged a fee or repair amount. You can imagine, this is not going well. I was waiting for the shuttle and didn't want a surprise bill after a return home. I asked for housekeeping to go to our room before I left to clear me. She said the manager had to do that "only" and he was not in yet.
This was a damper on a otherwise enjoyable experience at this hotel. Next time I will keep my ideas to
myself.
The breakfast was acceptable, there was a mystery meat next to the bacon. Couldn't bring myself to try it. Scrambled eggs and coffee were fine.
All in all, we will be back.

Room Tip: At 10:45 pm, all the food places are closing down. 7-11 still has hot dogs and cold sandwichs. Use t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I came to LA for a few days and needed a place to stay. There was a good rate so I booked. Two good things: free parking and free internet. The internet wasn't that good, though. The connection was bad so it was frustrating. But there is a continental breakfast which was good if you wanted to grab something to eat. But if you have a car, you can drive down the road and there are tons of places to eat: In N Out, Panda Express and a whole bunch of other places.

The beds were comfortable and the staff leaves bottles of water in the fridge which was great. The AC could have been a bit better though.

Overall, not a bad place to stay if you're just visiting or if you have a stop over at LAX>

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We picked this hotel for overnight accommodation after a late arrival in LA from UK and we were very happy with our choice. We had shuttle transfer from airport to car rental depot and only had to drive approx. one mile to hotel which was perfect. On arrival check in was friendly and efficient. Made our way to room from the underground car park via lift - all very convenient. Large room spotlessly clean and very well equipped. Full bathroom with nice toiletries and plenty of white fluffy towels. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast - one of the best out of the five hotels we stayed in during our tour of California - was described as continental but had hot food as well and I have to say the eggs, bacon and 'hamburger' tasted really good despite looking very unappetising. Left straight after breakfast. I agree this hotel is not in 'the best of neighbourhoods' but we would definitely use again and recommend for close proximity to LAX.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rubyruby2000
Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I'm glad I chose to return as it was everything I had remembered it to be. The airport shuttle service is great. The complimentary breakfast was very good (especially by American standards!) and there is a convenience store and take away shops across the road which was handy for a quick meal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lozza428
Powder Springs
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We rented several rooms, all of which were very nice. The free breakfast was above average. However, the front desk service was not as good as it should be. As English was not their native language, they were at times hard to understand. Also, they didn't seem to know the local area. When I asked for directions to a nearby freeway, one staff member didn't know, another gave me totally wrong information, and it took a third employee to get it right. Finally, the hotel shuttle was unwilling to make a one minute detour to pick me up at a rental car location.

Room Tip: All of our rooms were clean and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wguhl
Hawaii
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Close to LAX with free shuttle and free parking. Free Breakfast had bacon,eggs, pork patty, yogurt, assortment of bread, pastries, bananas, boiled eggs already peeled plus belgian waffles you make yourself - so good! Breakfast starts at 5:30 a.m. so even if you have an early flight out you can still have something to eat and drink. Rooms were spacious enough. They give complimentary bottled water in the fridge. Toiletries smell really nice - 2 kinds of soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Vending machine by elevator even had instant cup of noodles plus snacks, drinks. Also located on your floor. Elevator is slow but at least there is one. Front desk staff is always smiling or courteous. Across the street you can pick up Panda, Little Ceasars Pizza, Hawaiian BBQ place, El Pollo Loco and a 7-11 if no car. It's well worth the price.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of a hallway- thought it would be quiet but... I could hear the water running...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank watchthedog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
The Westin Los Angeles Airport
#55 of 351 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,352 reviews
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Best Western Plus Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!