“Very nice accomodation”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Canmore, AB
“Very nice accomodation”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I cant say too much wrong with this place.

The location is not 100% - a bit further away than the other airport hotels, but the free shuttle helps.

The only con is that you sometimes have to wait a bit for the shuttle; but once we got there, it was great.

Very large and well appointed rooms. Clean and new enough. Has everything we needed from fridge/iron/coffee maker etc.

The only cons - we booked through a 3rd party, requested non smoking, but got smoking,not a huge problem for us, but could be for those more sensitive; and the air con wasn't great, and was too loud to be left on overnight.

Small spa, which had a large variance in temperature. Some times felt like a pool, other times a hot tub. There is lots of fast food and grocery options close by.

Staff were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scottyjc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Cayman
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Let me start with the pros:
Hotel very close to Airport, good for a 1 night stay, small breakfast mostly donuts and muffins, coffee, tea etc, friendly staff helped us with our room, close to fast food outlets, Ralphs across the road, free parking, free wifi, check in at check out is both at 11:00am at least it says that on the website.

Cons:

I booked this hotel through Bookit.com for myself, wife and 5 year old to be closer to the airport after our stay in Anaheim. We arrived around 2:00pm we were told the room was almost ready which it was in about 10 minutes. I was told it was a smoking room. I told the young lady that I would not book a smoking room for us especially with a 5 year old with allergies and I need a next room. She told me that Bookit.com always does that but the hotel was full however someone was checking out in the morning and she could move us then. When we opened the door the room looked cleaned but had a strong smell of cigarette smoke. I went back to the reception area and told the lady at the front desk the smell was too strong. She sent up one of the maids to spray the room with some Lysol. It worked for about 30 minutes. I looked online for a next Hotel but could not find anything close to the airport that was free. I went next door to Ralphs and bought a can of Lysol and sprayed ½ of the can we then left for a movie to return later. The smell did not go away we were up whole night continuously checking our daughter to see if she had any reactions. Fortunately she was fine and the front desk moved us about 9:00a.m. It was a terrible night. The other room was better nothing special but we could breathe and felt comfortable. All in all I would say this Hotel is average with nice staff.

Room Tip: Please make sure you ask and double check you are getting a non-smoking room if you don't smoke
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very close to airport. Strip malls with major grocery stores, fast food 1 block away. All rooms have outside entrance. 1 elevator, so your room may be on opposite side. Book rooms 10-18 if you want quiet as these face residential area. 6 seater hot tub (spa). Breakfast tables around spa with 2 tiny tables inside main breakfast food area (coffee, pastries, cereals, hard boiled eggs, breads). Waffle maker outside under covered area. Noise does travel up from breakfast area so screaming child and loud mother clearly heard in our room. We were granted a 1/2 hour late check out---this seems to be just an overnight place with early cleaning crew (though quiet). Our room on 3rd tier smelled a bit musty, but mother's room on 2nc floor, fresh. Some bathrooms have main room sinks while ours was inside the bathroom. Old style TV's with limited channels. Excellent free wi-fi in rooms. 1 small ick---OJ jug (expiration date 3 wks further) in room mini fridge and a calendar and coins on dresser. Room, bed, and bathroom were clean. Maybe a maid used it for storage?? Parking's in the inside "courtyard". Hotel is very close to the corner so you'll probably miss it and have to U turn.

Room Tip: 3 levels. Rooms 10-18 face residential area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
05463, Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is not in the best area of LA. I was not out of the hotel, since I arrived late and had to go back to LAX in the morning. The rooms are ok, but old. The room and the bathroom was clean, but that was it.... The public areas in the hotel is not the best I have seen, so it was an early night for me.... This is a hotel you choose when you want it cheap, close to LAX and with free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We quite frankly chose this one as it was cheaper than most, had a spa pool, free wifi, and a free shuttle service to LAX and back.
It was in a not too bad part of town (4 miles from LAX) - put it this way - I felt safe to walk 150 m to the shops by myself and did so to ensure we had a decent meal instead of junk food, although lots of fast food is right close, plus a Starbucks is only about 75m away.
The decor is a bit 70's, but who cares when our room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable and the whole hotel was almost eerily quiet despite it being full. What more could you ask for?
We relaxed after our 11 & 1/2 hr flight in the hot tub (it takes only 20 mins to warm up from cold) and the breakfast in the morning was possibly the best choice I've ever had - Continental with several cereals, fresh fruits, juices, Danish pastries, yoghurts etc...all eaten at little tables around the spa pool, which was nice and sunny.
The receptionist was quick and efficient, cheerful and very helpful the next day arranging the shuttle driver to drop us off at our car rental place instead of the airport - what a great service!

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor at back which was quiet. AC wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eleanor G
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 17, 2012

There are 3 Best Western nearby the airport: Airport Plaza, Suites and Airpark. I already stayed in this one and Airpark. I am assuming that you are reviewing this hotel because of the location to the airport and you are looking a place to sleep for one or 2 nights, so, I will give you as much tips as I can.

I arrived to LA airport without a booking, expecting to get a room at the Best western Airport Suites (which is the most nearby the airport and in the main boulevard near all the others 5 star hotels around the airport, however, BW suites was fully booked (by the way, their rate is 150 usd, around 50USD more than BW Airpark and BW Airport Plaza). Then, I called to Airport plaza, and they send the free shuttle to pick me up, but it took more than 30 min, and they told me a lot of excuses, that they couldn't find me and etc. but, any way, they said they gave me a small discount on the rate because of that, from 115 USD to 100 USD (approximate figures) per night, for 2 persons, 2 queen sizes bed. .

The hotel is around 15 to 20 min from the airport and the location at night doesn't feel totally safe to just being walking around (it was my impression). However, the area has so many places to eat, in front of the hotel, is a Panda express in case you would like to eat a delicious orange chicken with noddles (if you don't live in the US and you eventually miss this food). You will find also a KFC, burger king, TGI's friday and the best restaurant in the area: Pann's Coffe shop, which is always full and they serve delicious power breaksfast, including the signature waffles, fried eggs, fried chicken, bacon and etc.

If you want to save 50 bucks per night, stay here instead of staying at the BW suites, and if I have to choose between airpark and airport plaza, I would go with this one (aiport plaza, even though is 5 to 10 min further way from the airport), only because that breakfast next to the hotel. The rooms between these 2 are pretty much similar.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Beto201
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Aged, smelly, not good impression. Stained bed cover, a/c controls free spinning (impossible to know temp setting). Acceptable for a $45 motel room along Route 66. Night clerk speaks more Indian than English and was distracted repeatedly by Indian speaking guests in person and on the phone. Pay the $30 more a night elsewhere, you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank afidoc58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Westside
Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Been to Best Western Airport Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!