Best Western Airport Plaza Inn
BestWestern.com
$98
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubpanda expressexcellent breakfastroom was cleanroom rateovernight stayan older hotelfree shuttlethe hotel offerscoffee makernice staycontinental breakfastevery hourdonutsyogurtlaxross
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is not in the best area of LA. I was not out of the hotel, since I arrived late and had to go back to LAX in the morning. The rooms are ok, but old. The room and the bathroom was clean, but that was it.... The public areas in the hotel is not the best I have seen, so it was an early night for me.... This is a hotel you choose when you want it cheap, close to LAX and with free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We quite frankly chose this one as it was cheaper than most, had a spa pool, free wifi, and a free shuttle service to LAX and back.
It was in a not too bad part of town (4 miles from LAX) - put it this way - I felt safe to walk 150 m to the shops by myself and did so to ensure we had a decent meal instead of junk food, although lots of fast food is right close, plus a Starbucks is only about 75m away.
The decor is a bit 70's, but who cares when our room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable and the whole hotel was almost eerily quiet despite it being full. What more could you ask for?
We relaxed after our 11 & 1/2 hr flight in the hot tub (it takes only 20 mins to warm up from cold) and the breakfast in the morning was possibly the best choice I've ever had - Continental with several cereals, fresh fruits, juices, Danish pastries, yoghurts etc...all eaten at little tables around the spa pool, which was nice and sunny.
The receptionist was quick and efficient, cheerful and very helpful the next day arranging the shuttle driver to drop us off at our car rental place instead of the airport - what a great service!

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor at back which was quiet. AC wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eleanor G
Reviewed June 17, 2012

There are 3 Best Western nearby the airport: Airport Plaza, Suites and Airpark. I already stayed in this one and Airpark. I am assuming that you are reviewing this hotel because of the location to the airport and you are looking a place to sleep for one or 2 nights, so, I will give you as much tips as I can.

I arrived to LA airport without a booking, expecting to get a room at the Best western Airport Suites (which is the most nearby the airport and in the main boulevard near all the others 5 star hotels around the airport, however, BW suites was fully booked (by the way, their rate is 150 usd, around 50USD more than BW Airpark and BW Airport Plaza). Then, I called to Airport plaza, and they send the free shuttle to pick me up, but it took more than 30 min, and they told me a lot of excuses, that they couldn't find me and etc. but, any way, they said they gave me a small discount on the rate because of that, from 115 USD to 100 USD (approximate figures) per night, for 2 persons, 2 queen sizes bed. .

The hotel is around 15 to 20 min from the airport and the location at night doesn't feel totally safe to just being walking around (it was my impression). However, the area has so many places to eat, in front of the hotel, is a Panda express in case you would like to eat a delicious orange chicken with noddles (if you don't live in the US and you eventually miss this food). You will find also a KFC, burger king, TGI's friday and the best restaurant in the area: Pann's Coffe shop, which is always full and they serve delicious power breaksfast, including the signature waffles, fried eggs, fried chicken, bacon and etc.

If you want to save 50 bucks per night, stay here instead of staying at the BW suites, and if I have to choose between airpark and airport plaza, I would go with this one (aiport plaza, even though is 5 to 10 min further way from the airport), only because that breakfast next to the hotel. The rooms between these 2 are pretty much similar.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Beto201
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Aged, smelly, not good impression. Stained bed cover, a/c controls free spinning (impossible to know temp setting). Acceptable for a $45 motel room along Route 66. Night clerk speaks more Indian than English and was distracted repeatedly by Indian speaking guests in person and on the phone. Pay the $30 more a night elsewhere, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank afidoc58
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The pool was incredibly small to accommodate two or three persons at most. The breakfast area is about the size of one of the hotel rooms. It was really cumbersome to access the items for breakfast. There could be some improvement on the rooms. On both occasions I stayed at this hotel I have found that the room was smelly. I had to ask the maid to apply air refresher. I was disappointed that the hotel is under the banner of "Best Western" . Some investigations should be done

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business