“"Would stay at again"”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Tulare, California
“"Would stay at again"”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Even though this hotel is in the flight path of LAX (which I did not realize when I booked the room) it was quiet, clean and comfortable. Room was modern and had all the basics. Microwave, mini fridge (which was actually cold), TV w/remote, hair dryer and free wi-fi. The bed was very comfortable and the room had black out curtains.The free breakfast was ok, not great. The only protein was hard boiled and scrambled egg patties (yes, patties).It does not have a restaurant but there are several restaraunts in the area. I would not recommend walking around in the area at night ,it is LA don't forget. Easy on/off from the 405. The staff was very friendly.I did recieve a call around 10:30am asking if I would be checking out at 11 or did I wish to stay another night (Nice to have the option). It's a good, solid hotel and was well worth the $99+tax rate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sewcrafty61
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Customer,
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. It is through feedback and reviews that helps us understand what services and products our customers enjoy. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a great customer service. Location was awesome just of 405. Staff were very helpful and thanks to Mr.Dee for a great service. Rooms were clean and tidy. Overall it was a great trip with my family and kids had a good time

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Julie b
Dear Julie B,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. We are truly pleased to hear that you and your family had a great experience with The Best Western Airpark Hotel. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I can't reccommend this hotel due to the poor customer service I received. I arrived in LAX at 2:00am with a connecting flight at 10pm that night. I rang from the airport as I had no accomodation arranged and they had a room available. The girl on the front desk charged my credit card ($145) and gave me a room key.

I slept till 10:30am until woken by the phone with the front desk telling me I had to vacate the room at 11am. I told them I had checked in that morning and paid for 1 night, in which they responded, I had only paid till 11am and that if I wanted to stay I would have to pay an additional $99. I explained that when I checked in I was told none of this. (as I probably wouldn't have bothered with the hotel)

I was given a late check out of 1pm, so for my $145 I spent 9 hrs in the hotel. They had my money and didn't care and only wanted more out of me.

I slept through breakfast so can't comment on the food, but my kitchen at home is bigger than the area you have to eat it in, which is just off the reception.

The room and bathroom are out-dated and in original 1970s condition. The shuttle is the only thing good about this hotel, but all the other hotels offer this service. On a side note, I was waiting for the shuttle in reception and a customer came in wanting a quote for a room, and given $128 + tax, and she said she could book the same room on the net for $108 and the hotel reception guy responded with "go book it on the net then".

I would book Raddison for around the same price as this hotel, or if the budget allows go Crown Plaza. Best Western - You pay penuts, you get monkeys!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pete B
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Pete B,
I would like to thank you for your insight and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations and accommodation needs. I am personally looking into this matter and will make sure our employees know how to handle these types of situations properly. Once again sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your time.
Ventura, CA
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Acceptable hotels (clean room, comfortable beddings) in Los Angeles is expensive. But this hotel's rate is better than most for what they provide. Our room was clean, bed comfy, sheets/towels is nicer quality. Breakfast is sufficient...waffle, bagels, cereals, pastries, muffins, breads, juices, fruits, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. They even provide hardboiled eggs in lieu of scrambled eggs, where most hotels that offer breakfast offer no eggs at all. The pool is big by LA standard....sparking (and I mean sparkling) clean, the spa was at a nice temperature! The front desk person who helped us, "Mr. Dee", was very friendly, efficient, and helpful in meeting our room requests. Thank you. No, we are not paid to say any of this. We visit LA frequently to see our grand daughter. We already made our reservation for our next stay with them:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Yuverlyn
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for business and taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. The staff at the Best Western Airpark Hotel are truly pleased to hear guest being satisfied with our products and services. We take pride providing the best lodging experience for our customers..
Aiken, SC
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because of good experiences I have had with Best Western particularly on the West Coast. The room size was adequate and nicely furnished. The bathroom was also adequate. Postives: (1) Efficient check in and checkout; (2) Free hot breakfast was good with friendly and pleasant service; (3)Shuttle service - morning driver was particularly pleasant and helpful. The negatives were (1) traffic noise through out the night; (2) no good places to eat; (3) questionable neighborhood. For the most part this hotel was satisfactory for one night. However, I would probably not stay here again because of the traffic noise and the lack of choices for eating dinner.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main thoroughfare for better sleep at night.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank twotravelersAikenSC
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with insightful feedback during your recent stay with us. It is feedback from our customers that lets us know what we need to improve and work toward in order to provide the greatest lodging experiences for our customers.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at the BW Airpark hotel LAX from 17th to 21st July 2012. The hotel has a free shuttle service from the airport. There is a free phone at the terminal to use to call the shuttle and it arrived there within 20 minutes. The shuttle was also available each day during the rest of our stay, to pick us up or drop us at the closest metro station (Aviation). The manager, Dee, was very helpful in all aspects of out stay, including travel advice around town. There is a bus stop right outside the front of the hotel on Manchester St.
The hotel has an elevator. We stayed on the third floor in a room facing Manchester Street and the room was quiet (with the window closed) and dark (with the curtains drawn). The spacious room had a king sized bed, a table and chairs and a good-sized fridge.
The hotel provided free WiFi and free breakfast. The breakfast room was the hotel reception room and consequently rather small and crowded at peak times. However the hotel was full at the time we were there, and breakfast was not a problem.
The hotel has a pool and spa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank baz30s
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. The staff at the Best Western Airpark Hotel are truly pleased to know that we had the opportunity to meet your lodging needs. Once again thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My only major problem facing the front of the hotel is the microphone of the police stopping traffic outside. Other than that, it was everything I needed. The shower was great. The towels were soft. The wired (and wireless) internet was great. The breakfast was OK, but many pricier placed charge for it and for the internet. Although not a Plus, it is on the high end of a standard Best Western, better than the Plus I stayed at earlier this week in Santa Ana. If you are concerned about noise, ask for a room away from the street. Also, don't move to New York.

Room Tip: Want quiet, don't stay in the front. Ask for a room on the side in the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff H
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for your business ,as well as taking the time to provide feedback with regards to your recent stay. It is truly our pleasure and goal to meet our customers needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl

Been to Best Western Airpark Hotel? Share your experiences!