Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
San Jose, California
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The hotel is safe, comfortable, and clean. It's in a very convenient location, with free parking and a very yummy breakfast. The staff are very friendly and helpful and we highly recommend this hotel for a very reasonably rated stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Britchick99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I read alot of very bad reviews about this place but decided to stay because I know that many people can overreact. First of all the location is about 2-3 miles outside of the airport on W. Century Blvd. The further you go away from the airport on this road the seedier the neighborhood becomes. I would say this place was getting close to the fringe of that border. All I needed was a place to stay close to airport due to a late arrival at the start of my trip there with my teenage son. I didn't want to arrive as late as I did and spend alot of money just to sleep for the night since the next day I was booked at a nicer place in Santa Monica. I wanted something less than $100 for the night and this place offered that. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the parking was right on premise. Its a rather dreary area and really nothing to offer for one to want to go and walk around anyway. But for a 1 night stay close to airport and around $100 it will serve its purpose fine. The only issue was the breakfast room is very small and there was some sort of tour group there and it was completely packed and no where to sit. Comfort Inns do offer a Free buffet type breakfast including some hot items. I have seen better breakfasts at many other Comfort Inns.

Room Tip: Probably one on a higher floor since there could be some noise from road
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank fespo7888
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My family and I stayed at the hotel from August 2nd-7th and had a wonderful experience. We didn't have any problems with the staff and they were very helpful. Our room was near the entrance of the hotel and our check-in time was late because of our flight. My only complaint was that the WIFI was painfully slow and the parking was dismal. The neighborhood is a little sketchy but we had no problems driving around the area even at night. The breakfast was decent just as it is for any continental breakfast. The shuttle people are also very nice. I had read all the reviews before and was a little worried before heading to the hotel because many comments were negative. However, we had a great time and a nice stay. We will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I spent 3 nights at the hotel, from july 29 thru august 02, and the mais reason we've chosen it was because of the distance to LAX airport.
Stayed with my wife, two daughters and my mom in a large room with 3 queen beds.
The room was ok. Carpet was a little dirty (noticed that looking at the bottom of my socks) and had some smell, but nothing that I haven't seen in other hotels.
The shower kept getting too hot by itself during bath, and then the water got colder again, sometimes even burning if we weren't careful. My guess is that it was because other room was also using the shower at the same time and the plumbin is bad. It happened more than once at different times of the day.
When we arrived, the check in was fast, but there was no one to help with the luggage. We were lucky the elevator was close to our room.
The breakfast was regular, equivalent to other hotels, but people working there were very rude. The first day, tired of the day before, we overslept and called the frontdesk to ask at what time breakfast was over. The man rispdly answered that "It's 09:42 and the breakfast ends at 09:30. There is no breakfast anymore". The second and third days, we were already eating and when it was exactly 09:30 a lady started removing the food, glasses, spoons and everything else from the breakfast room. People were still grabing their food and she was picking everything in front of them. Lucky of us we'd got there earlier, but if you arrive late, let's say 09:25 for example, you'll have only a few minutes to pick everything, put bread in the toaster, make waffles, etc. Not a second more.
The security was also an issue. The neighbourhood is not friendly and there was a door mear the pool that was always open. There was also a door, at the back, that people were always puting a rug to keep it open. We used to park the car at that side and closed it 3 times.
There is complimentary wireless internet access, wich I think is essential, but no safe in the room (also important for me).
The pool also needed some treatment, because the water was a little slimy (not that we wanted to use it).
The stay was not a terrible one, but we won't return mostly because of the rude people.
There are lots of hotels at the same region, even closer to the airport, that certainly are better at the same price range.

Room Tip: Rooms at main building look safer. Be careful with the shower water temperature changes.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Luis_Vieira
Costa Rica
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stay in the Comfort Inn because I was traveling on a tight budget, it's proximity to LAX and because I had a car. Area is not safe to walk around and nearby options are very limited.

The pros:
Free transportation 24/7 to and from LAX
Very good rooms (mine had a balcony towards the pool). Everything worked.
Staff very friendly and helpful
Breakfast included
Free parking on adyacent building

The cons:
Not a safe area to walk around
Not-so-close to the airport (20 min. ride)

In my stay there were a lot of families with small kids having a great time on the pool. If you add the size of the rooms a the free breakfast it makes a great combo for families to stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room avoid the ones with balconies towards the pool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Moebius
Ridgecrest, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2011

After a very late flight with four kids, the shuttle driver took over an hour to show up and we didn't get into our room until after midnight. I inquired about a late check out due to the fact that we were getting in so late, and was told to call and ask in the morning. I called in the morning, and the lady at the front desk acted as if she couldn't believe we were asking for an extra hour to sleep in (after having to wake up to call). I explained that we were late being picked up and that we were very tired. She first said we could have an extra 15 minutes. Really?! She eventually bartered up to a half hour at which I finally accepted (she was sounding upset that I would ask), By that time, all the kids were up and we were ready and checked out within the original check out time. I hate when places nickel and dime you on time and money, when they have inconvenienced you to begin with. They forget who the customer is. I would not stay here again, even without the wake up time issue, being stranded with four kids out on the LAX airport sidewalk without any shuttle in sight is just something I'm not willing to endure again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank zinnia935
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 20, 2011

this place is great the breakfast was excellent. we arrived a little late from vegas about 8:00 pm and they had our room ready and waiting , no problems at all. the front staff was great. this place was close to the airport so we could sleep in a little longer before catching our flight. right next door is a 7-eleven and panda express so you can grab whatever you need to eat or drink. the only complaint i have is the ice machine was not working when we were there, very minor 7-eleven had all the ice i needed. all in all a geat place to stay. we had the family suite with three queen size beds. it helped with six in the family. we will be back. thanks comfort inn.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank alohaisthewaytogo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 32 in Inglewood
The Westin Los Angeles Airport
#53 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX? Share your experiences!