“Ok for the price, good for quick 1 night stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Century Hotel

Royal Century Hotel
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
SAN DIEGO
“Ok for the price, good for quick 1 night stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed 1 night & shared a Q bed. Booked directly with the hotel they matched the lowest online price I found. Older but charming hotel. Easy access to freeway 405. Pool looked inviting. Rooms are older/dated & a bit funky but the sheets & room were clean, but in an overall VERY used state. Moldy areas outside the shower were noted but since we just needed a place to sleep 1 night neither of us used the shower. Could use a maintenance guy to spruce it up. Clean towels & toiletries. Refridge in the room. Window A/C was cold & a bit noisy. We noted an Ice machine downstairs at $.25. They waived $5.00 parking fee gated parking for security. Basic Continental breakfast, NO FRUIT :( Near LAX so a bit noisy but not any worse than other more expensive hotels in the area. Many tours and shuttles to different sites available at the lobby. Lots of stores in the area. Going a few miles east from the Hotel the area does get notably more African- American. I accidently left my shoes in the room & came back after our day trip to the Getty & they were given back to me promptly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GOPARADISE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
cheshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent our last night here before our flight, must say I felt very uneasy even before entering this place, our room was very big, but it looked like it had never had a proper clean, there was almond's about 8, of them on the floor next to the bed side cabinet, very hard to miss when hoovering I would have thought, the draw's I would not PUT anything in as they looked dirty,
the settee was stained, the throw on the bed was torn, there was cigarette burn's on the furniture and on the bathroom floor, the showre door's looked like they had not been cleaned in a long time, I did not use the shower, as for a view, our room face the back of the local take-away's, as for the area we were asked for money by people hanging around outside, on top of that our neighbour's had the TV on all night, would never go back, book some where else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CheshireDenise
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

For staying one night it´s ok. It´s close to LAX, CAB Fee about 14$. The rooms and bathrooms are not really clean and partly moldy. It smells of insect spray, which is really needed. But the staff of this motel is really friendly and helpful available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Fresno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is my first review on tripadvisor and my experience with this hotel was so terrible that I decided I needed to sign up and let the world know. First of all, it is in an unbelievably bad area (Inglewood). My travel partner and I knew we wouldn't be staying at the Hilton for $57 a night but this was unbelievable. I would have rather slept in my car. There were bedbugs in the bed, a blood stained mattress, a nest of pubic hairs under the fitted sheet, some strange yellowish/green unidentified discharge wiped on the sides of the mattress, patched holes in the wall that they didn't feel neccessary to paint, mold growing along the bathroom wall, FILTHY walls with so many different types and colors of stain, covers for the television cable cords were ripped out of the wall, and a terrible smell of hooker sex, sweat, and dirt. After an hour of trying to buck up, we decided we wouldn't get one wink of sleep and the cost of getting rid of the bedbugs that we were inevitably going to be bringing home wasn't worth saving a few dollars at this fleabag hotel. We were told by the Chinese owners that we had 5 minutes upon checking in to determine whether we wanted to stay there and were thus DENIED our refund!! I will be reporting this hotel. - Also, their elevator safety inspection permit expired in 2009 and riding in it was one of the riskiest decisions I've made in awhile.

Room Tip: Like bedbugs, hookers, mold, filth, and bloodstained mattresses? Stay here!