“Very nice”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Gainesville, Florida
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here one night on our way to Hawaii. Hotel is only about a year old and the staff seems to really take care to keep in clean. Not the best neighborhood, but we certainly didn't feel unsafe. Breakfast is the standard continental fare. Staff was very nice, would certainly stay here again.

1 Thank GatorSteve
CHC-GR, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello and Thank you so much for your kind words, they are appreciated. We here at La Quinta Inglewood pride ourselves on the safety of our guests and we are glad that our accommodations met your standards.

Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
Acworth, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I booked this hotel because of the free parking, and being a La Quinta Returns member. At first I was a little worried about the neighborhood, not the greatest. Don't judge a book by its cover. Inside the hotel was very well maintained. Our room was very clean including the bathroom. The staff was very nice. and the breakfast was equal to other La Quinta's I've stayed at.

Hello there!

First I would like to thank you for being one of our returns guest and taking the time to stay with us recently. Im glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the " Cover of our book" and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank You!
Rohnert Park, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are flying in from LAX! It is very close to the airport and they do offer a shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful during our stay. This La Quinta Inn does have a business center in the lobby that allows you access to a computer and a printer. This was helpful during our stay when we realized we forgot to bring a ticket that we needed printed out. The rooms were clean and nice. They had art work on the walls and even a small walk in closet. They offer many channels to choose from even HBO at no extra charge. The beds are plush and the air conditioning works great. This is a great place to stay for all that they offer and the prices are great!

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks in reference to our hotel. We are ecstatic that all of our accomodations met your standards and that they were useful in your travels.

Stop by again sometime.
Thank You!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't choose hotel rooms based on the view unless I'm in a very beautiful destination -- and LA wouldn't be on that list. What I look for are cleanliness, soundproofing, and overall value. I arrived to a pretty clean room although the washroom faucet area could've been even cleaner (it wasn't sparkling clean and there were two hairs in the sink). Noise does travel through the walls but it wasn't noisy at night -- ask for a room away from the highway though. The free breakfast (average continental w/ some warmed-up items) is popular and they clean up at 9:30 am sharp so don't arrive late. Watch out for the water and concentrated juices from the dispenser though because it uses tap water, which during my visit had a strange odor (LA tap is not the greatest). Wifi was available throughout the hotel. Great location for drivers as highway access is quick and easy. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Overall I was very satisfied and would recommend this hotel for visitors (who have rental cars) in LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway on the 4th floor to minimize traffic noise
Hello there!

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at La Quinta Inglewood. I do want to apologise for any discrepancies during your stay, we value your honesty.

Thank You & Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I booked this hotel due to the positive reviews despite the negative descrption of the area. The quality of the hotel is great and you cannot beat the rate and the proximity to LAX. We waited outside for our shuttle to LAX and experienced no problems with the immediate area nor did we feel unsafe.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and giving us your thoughts about our hotel. We are happy to learn that you had an enjoyable safe stay with us. We hope we have earned a future visit from you. Have a great day.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I love La Quinta Inn. I have had very few bad experiences with them, and this hotel is lovely and newly renovated, but I don't know if I would stay here again if I was alone. We are elite members and each stay I am more impressed with the service. The suite we had was spacious, and the beds amazing. We did have one problem with Toilet being clogged when we arrived, but maintenance came right up to fix it,

The only other problem with this hotel is the area. Please don't take this as me being racists because that is not even close to the truth, this is just a statement of fact. My heritage is the melting pot, but I look for the most part Caucasian, and while I was out shopping with my son and his girlfriend we were the only ones we saw in 3 stores, and 1 restaurant. It should have been my first clue the looks everyone was giving us...like we were in the "wrong neighborhood".I had taken the kids out to dinner, and shopping and twice my credit card was declined. I had to call the card companies, and the only explanation 2 separate card companies would give me it that it was the area I was in...??? As a side note, we had to be walked out to our car by one of the attendants at Burlington Coat Factory, so what does that mean? You tell me!

We headed back to the hotel, and we felt very safe there. There is a liquor store right on the corner, and it looks to be a mostly ethnic neighborhood from the stores around. Twice during the night I was awoken by either police or ambulances that seemed to be parked right out side on the road. It is on a busy road right off a freeway ramp.

I usually stay at the La Quinta on Century Blvd by LAX, but they charge for parking. I thought that parking was free, but it is only for one car, so be aware if you are traveling with 2 cars. Next time I will probably stay at the other La Quinta at LAX if I am traveling alone.

Room Tip: Away from the streets on both sides.
1 Thank Travelwithnise
Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to give your honest opinion. We hope that they surrounding area does not deter you from visiting us in the future as our hotel is safe like you mentioned yourself. Have a lovely day.
Saratoga, California
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I booked this property based on price and location. I liked the fact that it is close enough to LAX but does not have parking fees. I became a little skeptical when my niece told me about the area. However, I am glad I did not change my mind. The parking spots are tight, but there a security guard is available. Once you are inside the lobby, the ambience is quite elegant. The rooms is new, clean, and spacious. The bedding is comparable to 4 star hotels that I have stayed at. The free hot breakfast is generous with pre-made omelets, sausage, waffles, cereals, pastry, etc... The food seems to get replenished very often despite the minimal staff in the breakfast room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CHC-GR, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello and thank you for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay and our enjoyable accomodations. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood? Share your experiences!