“Not so good outside, nice inside”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Ludowici, Georgia, United States
“Not so good outside, nice inside”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked La Quinta Inglewood because they would let me use my reward points on my desired night (LAX La Quinta would not). My mom was flying in, and since we live 3 hours away we wanted to stay overnight before driving back home. They do have an airport shuttle.

I pulled up with my two kids, and I almost turned back. It is not a nice neighborhood .... Im sure that there are worse, but as a mom alone with two small kiddos, I wasn't comfortable. However, the parking is covered (and free), and if you don't have to go out walking around there is no real issue.

Inside is brand new, very clean. We had two suites and they were a great value, and very comfortable. Check in was fast, and we didnt have any issue with our stay.

If you just need a place to crash, this is the one. The price was right, its easy to get on and off the freeway, and I hear its nicer than the LAX one for a much better price. If you want to walk / sightsee around your hotel ... no.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a suite, which was a good buy for us with small kids. More room to run.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your review, but most of all thank you for giving us a chance when you felt like turning around. Our great prices and clean, comfortable accomodations make us a great value for any traveller and we are happy that you had the chance to see that for yourself. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Took a chance staying here as it looked like a new hotel and parking was free, which for an airport hotel is pretty rare. Some reviewers said the area is a little rough but I have seen much worse, especially in the LA area. Easy to get too, convenient parking with not much of a walk and security was walking around all the time. Felt safe here for sure. Rooms were pretty good, all new clean furnishings and everything worked well. Good breakfast included as well - pretty usual for a La Quinta hotel.

1 Thank John R
Thank you for choosing our hotel among all the other options available. We appreciate the great review and are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Trusted the reviews and took a chance staying here, glad I did! Very nice hotel, one of the higher end La Quinta's. Close to the airport and interstate which was handy. Large room with comfortable bed and large bathroom with roll-in shower- a must for us. Room was kept very clean. Breakfast was the same as all La Quinta's and the area was kept clean and breakfast items well stocked and replaced as needed. The staff was very nice. No problems with parking. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CHC-GR, Public Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello,

Fisrt off, thank you so very much for your great review. We truly apppreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay at our hotel. It is always our priority to keep the hotel clean, comfortable and enjoyable so our guests feel happy to return and knowing that we accomplished that. We thank you for your business and hope to see you soon. Have a nice day.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I repeat do not stay here! I was here for a week and my friends and I left for a night for Vegas, when we returned our room was clean BUT any clothing items that had price tags on them were gone!!! Management was unprofessional and was no help at all! There recommendation was that we checkout. Needless to say we filed a police report and they are being investigated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Alexis9801
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for staying at La Quinta Inn and Suites - Inglewood. Please remember that safety and security of all guests and their belongings is very important for us. All your comments are very important and will be reviewed by the management team. Thank you again for staying at La Quinta inn and suites - Inglewood.
Toronto
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel is a real gem. I cannot say one negative thing about it. It was immaculately clean and this includes the washroom, the room, the lobby, the breakfast area ...

The staff was friendly and courteous. The check in process was swift and same goes for the checkout process

The breakfast was delicious. It included cheese and egg omelette on day one of our visit and scrambled eggs for day 2. Other than that, there were boiled eggs, waffle, bagels and fresh coffee and tea plus several other things that I cant remember now

The internet was real fast with 4 to 5 bars of signal strength consistently

There is plenty of free parking available at the hotel

The hotel was built in March 2013 and you can actually get a sense for its newness when you step inside

We enjoyed our visit and will definitely stay here if we were to visit LA again

2 Thank smhr
Hi,

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to keep the hotel in the same condition as the day we opened our doors and are happy that this was apparent to you. We hope that we will have the honor to provide you with the same exceptional service in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Newark DE
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed at the La Quinta in Inglewood two days this week. I usually stay at the LAX La Quinta on Century but they charge for parking (they do not own the lot) so staying in Inglewood made sense. I read that the hotel was brand new so that made my selection even easier.

Yes the place is brand new and it was one of the nicest La Quintas I have stayed. Service was great and the room was clean. Check in was a breeze. The layout of the building is strange. Lots of unused space in town where space is hard to find. Around the elevators is room for, well, more rooms. I wonder who did the architectural work on this place?

But the first thing that sticks out is the location. Convenient? Yes, easy to get on and off the freeway? Yes. Go for an evening walk around the neighborhood. I think not. Not quite a barrio, but pretty close to it. There is a discount liquor store next door that does a booming business as from all the cars I saw in the parking lot. But for one who likes to go for a morning walk, I was a little nervous and turned around after a block or two. And the smell of urine (not all that uncommon in big cities) was noticeable around the area.

As far as the noise other reviewers have mentioned, there was no one in the room on one side of mine, and a pair of older ladies on the other who were very quiet. But then there was the Mariachi band practicing at 6:45 in the morning! My room was 414 and they were in 410 playing as if they were at the local Mexican Restaurant! Very loud! Maybe they were getting ready for a local gig and needed to tune up before heading out but I found it extremely weird. I have no idea if any of the guests complained as the morning desk clerk did not get in until the band stopped playing.

My room overlooked the parking lot of the aforementioned liquor store so I did not hear too much road noise but the traffic on Prairie was pretty constant and in the morning I could hear it but by then I was up and getting ready for my day.

Also never thought about the security until I read some other reviews and looking back, getting to the 3rd and 4th floor directly from the street level is a little scary as often I would walk by the front desk and there was no one on duty to watch the cameras. Wouldn’t take much to put a key access on the elevator to ease people’s minds. And I did see some locals in the hotel parking lot waiting for their wives/girlfriends to get off work. The guy in the Black 5 series BMW was a little scarry looking!

Breakfast food was consistent with most continental breakfasts with great coffee. The water used for the juice is tap water and it tasted like city/chlorine for the most part. The water cooler had a filter attached it was ok. They need to add an inline filter for the juice machine.

The breakfast bar was crowded with guests for the most part and maybe not the best laid out plan especially with pushy travelers like me!!

Found some really good Italian/Pizza food delivery in the area so be sure to ask the desk for some menus. Not the Dominos or Papa John’s but the local eateries.

I liked the price and the ease of getting to LAX in the morning but not just crazy about the area the place is located. But looking around the area next to LAX, are there really any nice neighborhoods? Brentwood or Bel-Air this aint! Next time I have an early flight out of LAX this place will be on my short list of places to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is extremely detailed and we appreciate the honesty and thought you put into it. We are glad to know that despite the guests with the early morning music you would still consider us for your future reservations. Have a great day, and we will see you soon.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have yet to find a La Quita that is not top quality. We always book them first. We have found high quality rooms, service, area, food and staff no matter what state or town we go to.
Even when we went to one that was being renovated, it was still top notch. The earn points for free nights stay is exciting to see build up and more so when you can use them. Always specials going on. We prefer direct hotel contact verses other booking websites, direct is a guarantee and hassle free.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hi,

Thank you so much for being a loyal La Quinta guest. As a brand we strive to always give great service to all our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve with the same top quality accomodations in the future.

Have a nice day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
#116 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood? Share your experiences!