“Summer vacation in Los Angeles with in laws!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Brand new hotel, no pets allowed(not a pet lover) Good location near LAX. Very economical. Sunrise breakfast very tasty. Staff very friendly and helpful. They only negative is, no swimming pool. We only stayed one night. Hotel was quiet atmosphere. Will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And that our staff was friendly and of great help. I agree complimentary breakfast makes a great addition to our hotel and happy you enjoyed your hot tasty breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately due to the limit space we do not have a pool, but we do offer other great amenities such as free Wi-Fi, Complimentary breakfast, free parking, 24-HR gym, On-Site security, Laundry Facility, Business center, and a small store in the lobby called Sundries. We hope to see you soon. Have a great day!

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose this place strictly based on its location close to the airport, and got very lucky. This La Quinta is brand spanking new, and the staff is superb! After a three hour delay and a five hour flight from FLL, we got in at 4 am local time. The desk clerk Andy was polite, helpful, pleasant and accomodating, even offering to make us something to eat because of our travails. The room was clean, roomy, nicely decorated and quiet. The bathroom was better appointed than some four stars I've been to. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION for a place close to LAX. Seriously.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thei hotel is very new, two months old, and super clean and smoke free, however the walls are pretty thin as we could hear our neighbors alarm clock, hair dryer, and water usage. You will have to pay an extra charge to upgrade to a king size bed and also of you have more than one car you want to park at the hotel. The included breakfast was good and offered a lot of variety.

Room Tip: A/C units were quiet but fourth floor still looked out onto car wash
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wow.....where do I start.....well let me start by saying this hotel has only been open since March 24th of this year and they are off to an awesome start. The wife and I arrived early to check in but no rooms were available yet so we decided to head out for lunch. The young lady at the counter was so nice and professional....she told us to return about 1:30pm or so and our room would be ready. When we finished lunch we arrived back at the hotel around 1:30 and our room was ready. Initially we were in room 303 but after a long day of exploring Inglewood and Hawthorne.....we returned to our room and there were kids running upstairs above us. Well while they were not doing it all night I didn't really want to come in every night of our 3 day trip to kids running across the room upstairs. My wife called downstairs and inquired about how long the family would be staying. Initially the young lady at the front desk told her they were checking out the following night....but later on she called and I answered the phone. She told me she was mistaken and she would move us to the top floor immediately which was the 4th floor.

She told us to give her about 30 minutes to get the room clean because we were moving from a room with a king bed into one with 2 double beds. She also told us she would put us down at the end of the hall away from the street and any traffic noise. I was extremely pleased and I have to tell you all the young lady that made all of this happen was the general manager CINDY....she was simply awesome and I will never forget that. So we were moved to room 437 and again while we didn't have the king bed or recliner like our previous room it was as advertised by Cindy and the rest of our stay was great. We stayed 3 nights for under 300 bucks and that is pretty outstanding by LA standards.

Now here are some pro's and cons for this location so you will be completely informed:

PROS:

Free Parking....and that is outstanding by Los Angeles standards

Free WiFi....and it is fast

Soft Towels....maybe some of the softest I have ever used

Free Breakfast....waffles....sausage....eggs...bagels..­..cereal...juice...coffee...wow.

In room Fridge....microwave....coffee maker.....hairdryer....recliner....and DIRECTV

Onsite Security

Minutes from various popular LA Attractions

Costco only 5 minutes away for your gas needs if you rented a car

City Bus stop right out front which travels to at least 3 surrounding cities and beaches...maybe more

Casino right down the street....not to mention 105 freeway entrance less than a block away.

Ice Machine is on the 3rd floor of the building so please keep that in mind.

You can stay for under 100 bucks a night....which is also outstanding by LA standards.

Customer service and cleanliness of the establishment was OUTSTANDING.

CONS:

Not in the best neighborhood....but there is security like I mentioned before.

If the hotel is full they will run out of Ice....so get yours early.

Get your breakfast early.....the kitchen area fills up fast.

There was an issue with the thermostat light.....we had to cover it each night because the blue light illuminates the whole room when it is dark.

The water pressure was fine for showers....awful for bath's....it takes awhile to run.

Bathroom sink may be a little high for children....so make sure you watch them.

Now the CONS are really nit picky items.....and for most these issues want really be a problem. However I am worried that as the cliche' goes "All good things must come to an end" because I think as this hotel matures things will change. What I mean by that is.....they will at some point start charging for parking even if that means that they include it in your room rate. The security guard will go away.....the rooms will be abused. The rates are definitely going up.....and the customer service may become pedestrian at best. Now I hope I am wrong but I have made many trip to LA over the years now and this hotel experience was everything opposite of what a real LA hotel experience can be like. However with places like Hawthorn....El Segundo.....Santa Monica.....West Hollywood....Redondo Beach.....Manhattan Beach..... Hermosa Beach and Culver City being anywhere from 2 miles up to 15 short miles away....even with traffic.....this hotel is you one stop destination. Now if all else fails you can always stay in one of the cities I mentioned above....LOL. Eat, Drink, and be Merry my Friends!!!!

Room Tip: Room 303 right by the elevator if you prefer that. Room 437 if you don't prefer to be by the ele...
2  Thank D-Traveler37
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This new inglewood La quinta location was very clean and nice looking. my family and i were very content with our stay starting with the girls in the front desk Raylene & Stephanie they were so polite and helpful as well as for one of the maintenance guy i believe his name was Jesus. I truly think they left me with the satisfaction of coming back. The housekeeping ladies were so nice and friendly, all of the staff at this location were excellent. The only two things i found as a little inconveniences were the fact that they only have one ice machine on the third floor so you need to walk to it from whatever floor your room is at the elevator sometimes took a lil longer than wished for.
And the other is that the pull out sofa bed is way too small i booked the suite for 6 people under the impression its would allow all of us to say comfortable but when i pulled it out it was simply too small the couch itself is a good size but the pull out part didn't fit the bill but we made it work even with these two lil hicups i will be returning this this location which is was way better than the Lq at Buena park where its outdated and reminds me of Motel 6 and that cannot be good for the image La quinta should set. Thank you Raylene,Stephanie,Jesus and to the rest of the staff

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank dbgalvan
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A nice gem of a hotel. It feels good to stay at a brand new hotel. Close to lax and the highways. We used it as a 1 night stop on the start of our west coast trip. I'm an elite with Lq and can tell u this is Among my top 10 as far as Lq hotels. It's pretty new so everything is upto date. Lets hope it stays this way.

Location is good as a sleeping point after your days activities. Neighborhood is like queens ny, if anyone can understand that.

I would stay again. And all the employees I can in touch with were smiling n courteous.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The only reason I booked this hotel was that it is new. (Less than 2 months old). Having just stayed three nights with a family of 5 in a Marriott Residence Inn, this was the last stop on our vacation and we stayed here one night. This hotel was as nice or even nicer than most Marriott's we've stayed in. Very clean, very new, and very spacious. We had the 2 Queen "Suite" with sofa bed, which was huge and laid out very nice. (There are 3 suites) The beds were very comfortable, but the sofa bed was HORRIBLE! We didn't even use it, it was so bad. We used the floor instead with the sofa cushions. There were a lot of cupboard space in the suite, but they were all empty. In a Residence Inn Suite, there are plates, cups, utensils, etc.

This suite is not shown on their website. You have to call and ask for it. I was told when I called, that online is "coded wrong" so the suite doesn't ever show up.

Being in a suite, you would think the hotel would know that more than 2 people are staying in the suite. As was mentioned below, we only had enough shampoo and soap for like two people, and had to use our own, which wasn't a big deal. No lotion was provided - just soap and shampoo. There was a hole in the counters where a dishwasher would fit, but there wasn't any dishwasher. The counters and bath was granite counters, and the super high ceilings made for a great room and excellent first impression.

We called around noon to see if we could check in early, (normal check in time is 3) and we were told that we could come around 2 if we wanted, but no earlier than that. When we arrived at 2, we were told that they hadn't even started on cleaning the room, and that we should come back at 3. A little frustrating, but we made it work.

As was mentioned previously, the neighborhood isn't the best and not one that I would be walking around in, and there isn't anything to walk to anyhow. Nothing close. Freeway on one side, major road on the other, a gas station and that's about it.

A big oversight on the hotel is with security. They have a security guard that sometimes is in the garage, but anyone can access the elevator in the garage and go up to any floor. Seems like you should have to put in your key card to access the guest rooms or something.

Parking is horrible. There are plenty of spaces, but they are narrow and there are poles that hold up the hotel (the garage is under the hotel, which is almost like built up on stilts), and I'm sure many will be hitting the poles with their cars getting in and out of the parking spaces.

There are NO signs indicating how to get into the hotel. As it turns out, you either take the elevator, or you walk up some steps that are outside, and go into an unmarked door and there you are in the beautiful and comfy lobby. They need some signage.

Breakfast is average. Normal stuff, plus some hot waffles, and eggs. The layout of the breakfast is not so good. The plates and utensils are crammed into a corner, right next to the waffle machines which are in use constantly, with people around them waiting for their waffles. You have to wade through these people to get the plates and napkins and utensils.

Overall, and for the price, pretty good. The fact that the hotel is new and nice trumps any of the negatives away and makes for a good stay. Kids were disappointed that there was no pool.

Would I stay here again? YES

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank douggw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood? Share your experiences!