“No frills; no fuss”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed one night after arriving in Los Angeles for an extended stay in Anaheim and Hollywood.

The hotel's exterior belies the standard of the room. The welcome wasn't the friendliest and the location, while close to LAX, is not a district we would choose to stay in for more than one night. That said, the room was clean, spacious, and of a good standard even compared to other, higher priced, hotels. The rooms are not well sound proofed, and we heard the guests on the upper floor walking around. The towels were small and thin, but okay for a one-time use. The free wifi was occasional and intermittent at best. We would rather pay to have a more reliable service. We did not try the breakfast, as the room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker (although no cutlery or plates).

We had a room on the roadside; however, we didn't find it particularly noisy.

There are a couple of fast food restaurants located within 100 yards. We would recommend the El Pollo Loco - the food was fresh and tasty and excellent value for money, compared to the MacDonald's across the road.

Other TripAdvisor comments about the $50 deposit for 'incidentals' seems appropriate for this type of hotel, and is the same process used by larger hotels that place a 'bond' on a credit card. The check-in time of 2pm is rigidly enforced, so be prepared to wait if you arrive early. Although check-out is 11am, we were called at 10.40am to confirm if we were checking out or wanted to book another night, so timing seems important to the hotel's management.

All in all, for the price we paid ($50 per night, booked directly via the chain's website), we found the hotel good value for a one night stay, because of the spacious and clean room.

Room Tip: If noise is a problem, ask for a room on the top floor, away from the road if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is in very bad area, I would not recommend for any family. My kids seen prostitutes get arrested right outside our window. While they were looking out the window, they seen ants on the inside of the window, and some type of rodent feces on the window sill. The free breakfast is a joke, hard donuts and gross tasting juice. The only positive thing was we had a huge room, it had 2 king size beds and one queen size bed and a huge dinosaur tv. Needless to say we didn't stay there very long, if you're thinking about staying just keep on looking to the next place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa C
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I wanted to make sure I was staying at a good location near the airport the day I returned from San Diego. My room was quiet, spacious & clean and the bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was included and the coffee was also very good.

I had a very good nights sleep and highly recommend this as an economy hotel. The owner's are on sight most of the time and manage this operation very well.

Parking is ample and free as well. I will be back the next time I am in LA.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was delayed at LAX and all the better hotels at the airport were booked. We got the last room at this place. Large room with a very large bed and a huge TV and a jacuzzi tub in the room. Small table with two chairs and one other chair next to the bed. Obviously not set up to host a Super Bowl party. NOT cheap at $125 for the two of us but they had us over a barrel and the airline will be paying. "Continental" breakfast was donuts from the famous Randy's Donuts, coffee and OJ from a machine. The bed was comfy if you like a very firm mattress and very spacious. The towels, soap and shampoo were pathetic. The air conditioner worked well.

Room Tip: Uhm, depends what you are into.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Front desk staff not nice. $50 for incidentals.They offer a shuttle service for $15 dollars, well there is none at midnight nor at 6 am. So finally paid $25 + $30 return. No point in paying for a cheap hotel if you have to add $55 for getting there from the airport. No breakfast at 6am either, maybe it is too early for them?

Room Tip: Go to other hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank birch_abedul
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located near the airport, which was a bonus since my mom and I had an early morning flight to catch. The service was excellent and the staff were warm and welcoming. The room was fully equipped with a microwave and fridge. The sleep quality was the best we had on our trip and made us feel right at home. The beds were "super-size-me" big and comfortable enough to put me to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Even my mother, who has trouble falling asleep so far from home surprisingly fell asleep rather easily. The breakfast was yummy! They had freshly baked donuts, muffins, pastries, and of course coffee and juice. It was the perfect start to our morning. Although it was sometimes a pain to be buzzed in each time you wanted to get up to the room, it was a safety precaution and we were very grateful for that. My mom and I are really glad we chose this hotel to stay at and will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are more spacious
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I needed a place to stay one night after almost a whole day of travelling so what we needed was basically just a bed and a place to eat some junkfood.

This was my impressions of the stay:
Nice roomy carpark.
Smooth check-in though the 50 dollar deposit for incedentals was a bit strange.
The room/cell had bars infront of the window and overlooked a somewhat busy road.
The area felt horrible. We were approached by several people while walking a 100 yards to McDonalds. And that was in daylight - I wouldn't think about heading out in dark.
We had a small earthquake in the middle of the night but the hotel building coped well (maybe a bit surprising) and we could go back to sleep.
The room was pretty tired and as I remember there was one tv-channel.
Forget about the breakfast. We found some stale donuts and some empty juice dispensers.

I wouldn't recommend staying here. I felt unsafe in not only the area but also by some of the other guests who looked annoyed/angry at me. The location is covenant to the airport but I wished we had drove on to find something better. Even though the place is cheap it isn't good value.

Room Tip: Double lock the rooms and check that the bars infront of the window is good?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_relax_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Value Inn Worldwide
Hawthorne Plaza Inn
#6 of 11 in Hawthorne
Best Western Plus Suites Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo? Share your experiences!