“Convenience...and value”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Hotel is not in a great neighborhood, but security is fine. Convenient to airport and interstate. Check-in process was efficient, front desk clerk not overly friendly, but that's no issue, he wasn't impolite at all. Room was very large. I always find more value in properties that have micro-fridge, which it did. Room itself was clean, decor was as depicted in their online photos. Bathroom was average, clean; towels were thin, expected based on discount rate, but shower pressure was adequate. Coffee station in room was not well stocked, nor was the coffee in the lobby. Business travelers can't typically wait until 7:30 for a continental breakfast, though it was posted to start at 6:30am...maybe they got up late this morning. Enjoyed having 2 bottles of water for free, and the property was quiet, bed comfortable enough. Internet wasn't terribly fast, but not horrible either.

Would recommend for cost-conscious business traveller, and would stay again upon future visits to LA.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Here is the 5 second run-down: It's clean, cheap, and seemed very safe. There were one or two things that could be improved. Would I come back? Yes.

Anyway, full review. I booked this via Priceline at the last minute and got a better deal than the hotels website. With the rate I got I was able to book a rental car for the period I was here and get this hotel which is slightly off the beaten path. The neighborhood looks kinda sketchy, but I'm from a small town in Wisconsin.... so what do I know?

The check-in was uneventful, however, having to wake up the front desk clerk seemed odd. Having to be buzzed into the lobby and the main hotel at first made me uneasy about it. However, during my stay having to be buzzed in actually made sense... but then when I walked up to the door the clerk always saw me and just hit the buzzer letting me in. She did ask a couple of people what room they were in and checked IDs for a couple of shady characters, stating "I don't remember them" when I asked why when I always got let in.

The elevator is very lethargic. Probably needs a tune-up.

The room was mostly clean, in great shape, and was nicely appointed. There were three things that annoyed me about the room. One was the chair for the desk was full of crumbs/nuts probably from the previous person and housekeeping just not pulling it out because it was already under the table. Two, the complementary soap was like using a rock. I even tried using the washrag to put it on there and I felt like I was grating cheese on the rag. The last thing that annoyed me was the fact there was no outlets near the bed, making charging my phone kind of inconvenient.

So, next time I'd bring my own soap and hopefully the cleaners check it a little more thoughly.

The internet was slow... but it was expected... for what I paid for it. The breakfast was very simple with prepackaged doughnuts and juice from a machine.

There is a "shuttle", but it only runs from 6am to Midnight, and costs 5 bucks a ride. I had a rental car because my flights arrived at 12:30a and left at 6a.

Would I come back? Absolutely. I'm sure a little work on some of the public areas would make people feel a little safer. They did have cameras all over the property.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank starblazr
bestvaluelax, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers, we are pleased that you found the property clean, safe and of good value. We will also consider your suggestions as we are always striving to improve. We look forward to your return stay. Sincerely, Kay

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here for one night after flight from UK. Close to airport so very useful. They send a taxi to the airport but you have to ring and it costs 10 dollars ( this wasn't clear from website information) It isn't pretty on the outside, the immediate area isn't particulary pretty either and I wouldn't wanted to have stayed any longer- but at less than £50 for a double room it was useful as we didn't fancy the journey on to Hollywood after such a long flight. The room was vert clean and confrtable. Breakfast is just a small packaged danish pastry and juice/coffee from the machine- but at the price it is certainly better than UK where you wouldn't get breakfast at all.Receptionist was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank josie93Newcastle
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nice Hotel for the money, rooms were clean and comfortable customer service was ok.the hallways seemed kind of weird though. Neighborhood seemed ok although we really didn't go anywhere other than straight on and off the freeway to and from the beach overall nice hotel clean comfortable place to sleep

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The hotel is not at all as advertized. The so called free WiFi is extra super slow. Any site other than Google takes at least 5 minutes to open. The continental breakfast only had a backed thin crust doughnut packed in plastic which does not look at all healthy to eat. Carpet was not clean, however the beds were comfortable. One of my friend stayed in "Royal Century Hotel" in the same locality which was much better for the same price that I paid for "Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - LAX/El Segundo". Bottom line, do not opt for this hotel as there are lot better hotels in same neighborhood for the same or lesser price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank IndianTripper
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The rooms are spacious with direct tv, and also a mini fridge and microwave. I must say this motel is very solid. I only paid $61 per night (2nights) and there were a few restaurants within walking distance

Pros:
Large rooms
Very reasonable prices
Close to many places to eat
DirecTV in each room
Mini fridge/ microwave
Free coffee
Friendly staff

Cons:
Hallways/elevators could look better
High prostitution area

In my opinion the pros outweigh the cons by a landslide, so all in all this is a great place to stay if you dont have a lot of money to spend on a room and you wanna access LAX.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The only hotel I've stayed in with a list of guest safety & security tips in the room -- including "keep your kids in sight at all times" and 'under no circumstances open the door to a stranger; if they claim to be staff, call the front desk to confirm." Our windows faced the highway so it was noisy, and the hotel appears to have a lot of long-term renters -- a few who get home late & were whooping it up in the hallway. The desk clerk told us our dining options were limited to fast food, take-out windows, and the drive-thru liquor store next door.

HOWEVER, we walked a couple blocks and found a Mexican seafood restaurant. We were the only ones there and Jersey Shores was playing on a huge TV screen, but they served up some decent fish tacos. The hotel was like that too -- sketchy on the surface, but actually not bad. Clean, comfortable rooms; ridiculously inexpensive; and both the night & morning desk attendants were so very nice & helpful. Continental breakfast (juice and a danish is all I remember), and a shuttle to the airport ($5 per person). I'd stay there again, depending who I was traveling with, 'cause it's cheap & close to LAX. Probably not a totally awesome choice for families with kids.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family