“Good budget option near LAX”

Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Orlando, FL
“Good budget option near LAX”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is a good option for staying near LAX if you want to pay a bit less than the big chain places charge. The location is convenient, about a 5 minute drive from the airport/car rental lots. Parking is free, which is also a big advantage in this area. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and looked recently remodeled, with minifridge, microwave, and quiet air conditioning. On the down side, the area is sketchy (I wouldn't walk around the streets at night), the hotel has exterior corridors, and while it looks like it has had a recent paint job, it could use a good pressure washing on the outside and stairwells.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello djk7

I would like to take the time to Thank You for leaving a review regarding your stay and experience here at the Crystal Inn Suites Hotel. I am pleased to see that the newly remodeled rooms along with the pricing was to your liking. I am glad to also read that you had an amazing customer service experience and that all your needs regarding what a hotel should be were met. We look forward to having you as a guest again on future travels to the Los Angeles Area.

Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Wish I had used this hotel on arrival at LAX airport, but picked one of the airport hotels which are a rip off. The hotel is very clean, beds ultra comfortable with Tempur memory mattresses, room size very good. Big TV, fridge & microwave in room. Air con units the best I've ever come across with temp control and auto fan speed so it's not on all the time only when the room temp increases. FREE PARKING unlike all the airport hotels. Pool not massive but adequate, bit chilly though, plus a small gym but didn't use. Maids very efficient, room clean & stocked with towels. 24 hour coffee from reception, just a short walk from your room. Area not the most inviting to have a walk & close proximity to highway but no real noise from there. Most of all, the staff in Reception were very friendly, helpful & accommodating if you needed anything. But you will need a car as public transport makes life a little harder to get around but not impossible. WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ANYONE.

• Stayed October 2013
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello Allen 11,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were comfortable and able to relax. I will definitely pass along your kind words to the rest of the staff. We look forward to each and every visit. See you soon!

San Gabriel Valley
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and I love the Crystal inn. The rooms are clean and the employees are all great. They just finished building a gym and laundry room which was great for me. I have always enjoyed my stay here and that is what keeps me coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mitch P
Hello Mitch P,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer. And that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly for any future reservations.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wasn't expecting much at this hotel, as it was just a one night stay before catching a flight at LAX. What a pleasant surprise - I wish some of the other hotels that I have stayed at during my travels around the US had been as good and as inexpensive as this hotel. The absolute gentlemen at Reception are outstanding and incredibly helpful and accommodating - they lent us a computer, scales to weigh our luggage, booked our cab, provided useful information, etc etc!! The rooms are beautiful, incredibly clean, comfortable, spacious and provide everything that you will need - fridge, microwave, etc. There is a pool, jacuzzi, gym, laundry - all in fantastic condition. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TaniW
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello and thanks for your wonderful review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and to our traveler community. Our only means to measure our success is by the feedback we receive from all of our guests. We are happy we made an everlasting impression and we look forward to your next trip.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I chose this hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Large, recently refurbished rooms with microwave, fridge, shower/bath, HUGH comfy bed with new plastic wrapped mattress. The room was spotless. Nice warm outdoor pool with one of those limited mobility lifts. Just opened gym room with the five machines. Coin washer/dryer by the gym and a laundry-mat across the road. As Thestens review said, staff are more than helpful. I've definitely become a fan. There is a large parking lot and you should bring/hire a car. Supershuttle costs about $20 each way from LAX despite being so close and you don't really want to walk around the district as no one else does so yeah, bring a car and byo breakfast. The air conditioners are a bit dated and might be considered a bit noisy. Wear ear plugs or do what most people do and turn them off at night. I doubt there's a better deal out there and will definitely be back when I'm back in LA. Oh and the free WiFi is full bars anywhere on site, some fancy technology there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KiwiTrev
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello KiwiTrev,

Thank You for providing the traveling community with a review regarding your stay here at the Crystal Inn Suites & Spas. I am glad to see that this hotel provided you amazing comfort and was able to match all the needs that you want and expect from a hotel. We are glad to hear that the newly renovated rooms with 40' flatscreens and Tempurpedic Mattress provided you with perfect R&R needed when on vacation. We hope to see you again in the future on your travels to Los Angeles.

North East England
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here on our arrival in LA and also on our departure. It is clean with spacious roomsand close to LAX. It is also a great price. The staff are more than helpful and could do enough to help us. Don't let the area put you off . A resort hotel it isn't but a place to put your head down after a long flight or a place to get yourself together for leaving its great. Its also right on I105 so you are straight into the freeway system.
In all just the job and the staff were really great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Thestens
Hello Thestens,

Thank You for taking some time to leave a review regarding your stay here at the Crystal Inn Suites & Spas. We are only able to better ourselves as a hotel when the traveling community takes the time to notes us for the good as well as the flaws in their stay. In regards to your review I am glad to see that you found the price to match up well with your standards of what to expect from a hotel room. I am delighted to see that the cleanliness and the size of the rooms were to your satisfaction. We are glad you chose to stay with us and can't wait have you as our guest again on future travels to the Los Angeles Area.

Galveston, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was only here 6 hours in between flights, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very big, and spacious, with refridge and microwave. I turned on the tv and there were 3 movie channels. Never do u get 3!!! Since I was on jet lag, I watch tv all night. It was quiet and my wake up call was prompt, and my cab was on time. I will be back to this hotel which is 8 miles to the airport.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank World Traveler C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Best Western Plus Suites Hotel
Value Inn Worldwide
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 33 in Inglewood
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites -  LAX / El Segundo

Been to Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX? Share your experiences!