“Best value we found in LAX”

Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Travelling from Virginia we choose to spend a couple of nights in LA before going on to Hawaii. Best choice was Crystal. For only $62/night we had a large renovated room w/ HBO cable; quick access to the Freeway and free parking. So why the cheap rate? Inglewood is not the nicest location, but we always felt safe and the front desk is working hard to make it a good place to stay. We think it's the best place to stay for the price if all you need is a clean room and good location for the LA area and airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here near the end of March before our flight to Hawaii. I've been to LA multiple times, and have stayed in other areas, but staying near the airport is really the most convenient for us, so that we don't have to fight the nonstop rush hour traffic right before catching our flight.

The area is not much to write home about, but definitely was not seedy. We had rented a car and were also traveling with my mother in law, so this was a concern. We arrived earlier than check in time, but they arranged to have the room cleaned immediately for us, so that we could get some rest. Turns out that the family that owns the hotel used to live in Wichita, KS, where we're from. They were very friendly, and extremely helpful throughout our stay. Though we missed breakfast both mornings of our stay, they graciously offered food to us. They also
pointed us to visit some places that we would never have known about otherwise.

The room was clean and spacious. The wifi was strong, and though we had an iPad, we had no issues connecting. I don't remember any issues with noise since I slept pretty well.

I think that this will be my go to hotel from now on when we're in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ThienLanN
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This may not be the best hotel in the world, but for price and proximity to the airport, it is fantastic!
The king bed was the biggest we got throughout our entire trip, and the room also had a large flat screen television. I arrived early for check-in and the guy at the counter let me in no problem. He was also very helpful in advising on places to get food from and any other questions I had.

I have stayed at other hotels near LAX and they have been like crack houses, I can see why this one gets such good reviews.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 32JonathanW32
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Rooms were nice - comfortable, clean, modernized with large TV. Staff was exceptionally helpful from start of check-in - and came through for my particular situation better than most higher starred hotels. I have a prosthetic foot and asked if they had a shower chair or rooms with accessible bathrooms for us. I explained that it was not a necessity, but just made things easier for me. Not only did they offer me another room but also a shower chair for the room they originally had me in. I chose the chair because it was actually easier for me than an ADA shower, but the ADA room also had a single king bed and I was traveling with my 16 year old son and we preferred to stay in a 2-queen room. But they weren't done trying to accommodate me - they came by our room a few minutes later and were willing to free up a 2-queen bed ADA room for us! Wow!! We stayed in our original room as it was going to work just fine. Simply outstanding service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rowdy_DC
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hello Rowdy_Dc

Thank You for leaving a review regarding your stay here at the Crystal Inn and Suites we were glad that the room situation worked out for you and that you and your son enjoyed the stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated room, the new 40' flatscreen tv, new beds, and new carpet. Also glad to see you appreciate the service from our staff because it is a goal of ours for each guest to have a wonderful stay. Its great to hear that we met your standards of what a hotel should be and we hope to see you again at the Crystal Inn and Suites in the future.

Ray

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I travell every 3 months to Los Angeles for 2 weeks in bussiness from about 8 years. In my first trips I moved in many hotels and most of them I was saying I will never stay in this hotel again.
From about 6 years ago I found Crystel inn and I was so satisfied to a way that I didn't stay in any other hotel from that time except in rare occasion because I had bussiness in far area.
Well, this place is very close from the airport and the rooms are very comfortable which is a perfect after a long trip from overseas. Also, it's very close from major free ways that connect me to my bussiness partners quickly. I may write 6 pages about this hotel but in summary the management guys are very friendly, professional and helpfull. The rooms and beds are large, clean and comfortable. The price compared to other hotels in the area is very good. I advice this place for any body visiting L.A as a place to stopover after a long trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Issam A
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was big and comfortable. It was clean and the staff was nice. The breakfast was a great benefit every morning. The bus system is close to the hotel to make getting around easy. I feel this is a great hotel to stay at and will use it again in the future but it was a bit pricey.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LaithAlaraji
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Arriving at LAX early evening after a 12 hour flight from the UK, we wanted somewhere simple but comfortable to sleep and recover from a very long day of travelling. The lack of an airport shuttle - we did not want to pick up our rental car until the next day - was a potential downside but the the very competitive pricing meant that we had a very acceptable overall cost for the night even after allowing for the cost of two cab rides. Very friendly management who were keen to assist in any way possible. We booked one of the more expensive rooms which was huge and included a very comfortable sofa together with incredibly comfortable bed. We did not venture out in the evening, given others' cautionary comments about the surrounding area, but we were able to phone out for food to be delivered and thereafter all we wanted to do was sleep. Personally, I would probably not choose for an extended stay - unless on a very tight budget - but for convenience to LAX and the Car Rental stations it is an excellent choice for a 1 night stop. Only thing I would highlight for improvement is the reservation process, The confirmation from the reservation agency indicates a confirmation will also come from the hotel, We did not get this and thus needed to phone just to be assured we were booked in which was the case. A small point in what is otherwise an excellent service proposition.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NickJK
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Hello NickJK

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your stay here at the Crystal Inn. We are pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay and the convenience the hotel offers to guest traveling in the LAX area. We are also glad to that you enjoyed the quality of the newly renovated guest rooms and guest service at the front desk. Also thank you for the constructive criticism regarding the reservation we will look into that and have the process fixed right away. We hope to see you again soon here at the Crystal Inn and Suites.

Ray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Best Western Plus Suites Hotel
Value Inn Worldwide
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 33 in Inglewood
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites -  LAX / El Segundo

Been to Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX? Share your experiences!