“Best in Mexican Cuisine”

El Campanario Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 149 Restaurants in Indio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A smiling hostess greets the diner and shows the way to a quiet booth and presents an extensive menu. Within a few seconds a waiter appears, asks if the diner would like a drink before ordering and is ready with suggestions. The menu is so interesting it makes a deciding difficult unless one is conversant with Mexican dishes but again the waiter is most helpful. I recommend the Chili Relleno with a glass of Corona which comes with the traditionl slice of lime. This fine restaurant is within walking distance of the Best Western Hotel but has a spacious parking area if you decide to drive..

2  Thank BCRover

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've eated at El Campanario for over ten years, my go-to place for dinner when I overnight in Indio. It is consistently good, though I admit I always have the chile relleno/enchilada dish so can't comment on the full menu. I always look forward to it!

1  Thank JoycieTucson
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Some of that goods Mexican flavors. and a cold Chavela. (Beer and clamato). Good service, Family owned.

1  Thank nrios
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always judge Mexican restaurants by their chili relleno. This restaurant has excellent relleno. And the fish tacos are great, too. I always eat here when I am in town.

1  Thank Spyder B
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Besides the typical fajitas etc., El Campanario has more authentic Mexican cuisine. When my sister and I stopped by for lunch, we were surprised at the amount of food. At first look, we thought "we should have shared" but, managed to eat most of it since it was so tasty (ground pumpkin seeds in sauce?). Prices for this resort area are definitely reasonable. Most of the people eating there during our late lunch time were Spanish-speaking, though Spanish is not required to navigate the menu.

1  Thank lacontessa1