“Nice Time in Indio!”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Riverside
“Nice Time in Indio!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I treated our best friends to a couples getaway and we chose Clarion mainly for the convenient location. I was pleasantly surprised by the openness of the lobby, very spacious and nicely decorated. The restrooms were well stocked with feminine products which was a nice touch.
Both our rooms were situated next to one another and we had a small fridge. I loved how the bathroom sink was actually in the bathroom and not part of the room as some hotels have it.
Their complimentary breakfast was very well done and the housekeeping staff was stupendous!
We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionIndio, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello Deniece9,
Thank you for the time spent providing us with this positive feedback. I am very happy to hear that there were so many things about our property that were managed to your expectations.

Our complimentary breakfast and housekeeping are often praised and I am overjoyed to hear that they provided you with the same excellent service.

Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I reerved a room for Friday, August 2, 2013 at the Clarion Hotel in Indio, CA. I was attending the Diana Ross concert that night at Fantasy Springs Casino and Resort and didn't want to make the long drive back to Los Angeles, plus the rate was less than other hotels in the area due to the concert. The room given me was Room 226; upon entering, I noticed a fly buzzing around. I tried to kill it and to my surprise, the room had several flies and in addition, the air conditioner was not working properly. Indio is in the desert and is extremely hot, so you can imagine how uncomfortable the hotel room was! I called the front desk to complain and was told that someone would be up to spray, I insisted that that I be given a new room immediately. They booked me into Room 224, which was immensely better, cleaner, no flies, and with working air conditioning. I am quite puzzeled why the desk clerk would have booked me in Room 226 initially, so I am rating this hotel with two stars based on the second room they gave me. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GloDangerfield
Hello GloDangerfield,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your air conditioning unit was not working at the time you got to your room. As you may know, the heat here requires our AC to run non-stop. Even with high end equipment we are still forced to replace them more often than we'd like I'm happy to hear that we were able to quickly change rooms for you.

As for the flies, I apologize for their intrusion. We do our best to keep our property as clean as possible in order to reduce the amount of insects that wander in. In addition, we also have a great relationship with our new pest control vendor who has done a great job in the summer months keeping the property pest free.

Thanks again for your input. I hope you will be willing to stay with us again and let provide you with a better stay.

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped over on the way from CA from Phoenix. It was dirty and uncomfortably. Water stains on the floor. We had 2 queen beds - one bed had blood stains and Bed #2 had other fluid stains on the sheets, and we could not determine if they were from bodily fluids or something else. Air conditioning worked, but had a mystery smell all night (like oil).

Breakfast food was bad too, and the coffee was horrible. Sausage was rubbery and obviously very processed. Really the only good stuff was fresh fruit and cereal (but how do you mess that up?) I thought I could trust TripAdvisor on this one, but I was not aware that Clarion is a budget brand.

The only really good thing I can say is that the location is almost exactly half way between LA and Phoenix, so for a late night stop (as we did) it was an ideal place to stop. Avoid this place if you can. I would guess that the casino next door was much cleaner and probably only another $15 bucks per night. My wife has now decided against Clarion brands in the future. This one was worse than Super 8.

Room Tip: Avoid room 231 if possible. Rooms have outside access, so lower levels get car noise from parking l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kbonline1968
Hello KBonline1968,
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback that will help us to continue to improve our guest satisfaction.

Thank you for bringing the bedding situation to our attention. I will definitely work with house keeping to ensure that our cleaning processes are at their best. We are currently in process of replacing both our linens laundry machines and can improve on this front.

We offer a variety of different breakfast options and will continue to work with new vendors to improve the quality of food provided.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was just great. Clean with an extremely comfortable mattress. The breakfast has a nice variety (fruit, eggs, cereal, bagels, cereals, muffins, yogurt and more. It is completely adequate. We has dinner at the casino buffet restaurant next to the hotel. It turned out to be a poor choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far as possible from I-10.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank svr43
ClarionIndio, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. It is very important for us to receive feedback from guests like you so we can continue to provide the same great services to all our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you are in Indio, you will come and stay with us again!
Oakhurst, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was a terrific hotel - right off I-10 but far enough away that there was no traffic noise. The room was very clean with a great bathroom and tub. The breakfast was hot and fully stocked. Highly recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wrldtrvlers
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Clarion Inn of Indio. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and clean rooms. Our goal is to provide a comfortable environment for our guests to to relax and enjoy themselves.

The next time you are in Indio, we hope consider staying with us again.
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here, great place and very nice room and a big bathroom. Nice breakfast and very helpful front dest. Close to the Fantasy Springs Casino and downtown Indio. Great price and well worth the stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank akoobra
Hello Valued Guest.
I am very happy to hear that you were happy with our rooms and over sized bathrooms. I am glad we were able to provide a convenient location for you to enjoy your time at both Fantasy Springs Casino and Downtown Indio.

I hope our whole team can treat you to another great stay in the future!
pacific northwest
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We only had the opportunity to spend one night but will definitely return when back in the area. The room was great, the bathroom huge, the bed very comfortable and everything was spotless. The front desk staff were both so friendly and helpful,too.The continental breakfast was just fine and set up and maintained well. Definitely choose this spot if you want a great night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eliza111
Hello Eliza,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive comments! We wish you could have the opportunity to stay with us longer but look forward to serving you in the future.