“Exactly as advertised”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Spanish Fork, Utah
“Exactly as advertised”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is exactly what it says it is. They have a pretty good breakfast and a pretty good pool. The jacuzzi was not quite hot enough but it still felt good. The rooms were standard, nothing special. The bathrooms were very large which was very nice. There was a seperate area in the bathroom for my wife to do here makeup with a seperate mirror. That was awesome. The air conditioner worked very good (thank goodness since it was really hot). The staff was very friendly and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank thejuicejohnson
ClarionIndio, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear thejuicejohnson,

Our pool and jacuzzi are heated, however during the warmer months we do lower the temperature for our guests. I have spoken with our maintenance staff to closely monitor the temperature of our jacuzzi.

Kind Regards,

Heidi Park
Clarion Inn - Indio, CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Surrey, BC
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The room was large, clean and had everything we needed. The bathroom was especially large, and loved the 2 sinks and mirrors. The housekeeping staff were excellent and kept us well supplied with clean towels, etc. The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. It's an older style hotel, but we didn't mind. The location was perfect for what we wanted to do - hiking, sight seeing, some gambling and visiting friends at the "Happy Wanderer" right next door. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LoewenSurrey_BC
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 21, 2013

To tell you that this hotel is freeway close would be a gross understatement. If I have one suggestion for this hotel it would be to ask their cleaners to look "up" becasue the corner of our room was thick with cobb-webbs.

Room Tip: Avoid the room by the ice machine and elevator. This is also the corner where they sweep the cigaret...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, CA
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here over the Christmas holiday during a trip to the desert. The rooms were spacious clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a private room for the toilet, a vanity area and bathtub. This was a good value for the price. Would recommend to others passing by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lola_NNZ
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is a good stop over if you want to get an early start for the coast the next morning. What surprised me is the size of the bathroom. There is a separate toilet room, separate dressing area, and a sink area. It was a short walk to the casino adjacent. The pool and hot tub is small, but clean. There is a small breakfast in the morning. I would always choose this place over the rooms at the casino.

Room Tip: better price for a quick stop over.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PIEDMONT
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The rooms are spacious, clean & service warm an professional! I was beat, the bed was comfortable, extra pillows an blanket came in handy! I've stayed here before, always satisfied!
The front desk employee was very helpful, made me feel right at home!
The breakfast was fresh an well presented, enjoyed a few cups of their coffee! I travel a lot in my work, an a nice motel is a must, I'll be back here!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Helpmeoutahere
Tustin, California
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My best friend and I were going to a concert at the Fantasy Springs casino and the rooms there were way too expensive. I checked out the Clarion and for about 1/4 the price we could stay literally a few yards away from the casino. I was pleasantly surprised all the way around and don't know what some of the reviewers are complaining about. The lobby was spacious and well-appointed, the staff quick and friendly, the room was spacious and clean (huge bathroom) and the beds comfy. Even though we had a room very near the freeway side I didn't hear much if any noise from that. The AC worked great - my friend is very temperature sensitive and it was 112 degrees out the day we were there but the room stayed cool enough for her comfort and that's really important to us. The wireless internet was secure and free, though too slow for uploading pictures. We didn't get up early enough for the free breakfast so I can't comment on that. Only complaint is that on a super hot weekend the vending machine ran out of water. I would absolutely book at the Clarion again if I was going to the desert.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends