“Do not make the mistake of going here”
Review of Indio Travelodge

Indio Travelodge
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Palm desert, CA
“Do not make the mistake of going here”
Reviewed January 12, 2009

It looked like the place where the protagonist in "No country for Old Men" shot 35 people. I freaked out completely. The beds were creaking. People were walking around at 2 am outside the room. The carpets are dirty. The toilet seat was soiled.

More importantly, they charged me for 2 nights when I told them I do not want to stay here, giving me the reason that the reservation can not be canceled. I checked out anyway in less than 6 hours, after a sleepless night and thought it was better to waste $200 than to stay here for the remaining week and pain myself.

Send someone to this place if you want to punish them.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything was horrible
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank XYZ019

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stayed at this motel while visiting my nephew whose a Marine at 29 Palms. For $90 a night I'd expect not to be up at 6 AM with the maid service. Interesting smell that we couldn't identify. There was either hot or cold water, no such thing as in between. The outlet for the hair dryer and coffee pot was not working so, needless to say, we left with wet heads. Not recommended, drive into Palm Desert, much nicer places for the same price.

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — $90??? For WHAT??
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Jen0116
Southern California
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We were attending the Pacific Life Open Tennis Tournament and this hotel was very close so we booked 2 nights(before we read any reviews here).
There are so many things wrong with this hotel that it would take too long to list all of them. The place is used mostly by contruction workers and the rooms are horrible (and I seldom use terms like this). My wife and I felt we were in some third world country as everything in the room is old and crumbling; it was like what I have in the past called a flophouse.
Please Please do not go here BEFORE you see the rooms. We had no choice but to stay here because all hotels were already booked before we found out how this place was.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bww1
USA
Reviewed May 26, 2007

Did not anticipate a nice place but kept an open mind. Walked into the office and noticed the dirty walls, the ancient vending machine, the old milk and orange juice inside the pepsi cooler- but still had an open mind. Got our room keys and went to the room (which i believe i once saw on an episode of COPS). Opened the door to a dark dungeon of a room, found a lamp that i didn't have to hold the switch to make it stay on, and the furnishings were old and had a weird smell. The stove top was neatly wrapped in foil and we didn't dare look in the freezer. Still had an open mind until i walked into the bathroom. that's when i saw the room's other occupants hanging on the shower cutain. i quickly slammed the bathroom door so my wife wouldn't see them and flicked them off the shower curtain and washed them down the drain in the tub. That's when my wife knew the jig was up, there was no way we were staying here. As we closed the room door behind us and stood in the parking lot calling other hotels to find a new room, we noticed the swimming pool which is nowhere near as big as it looks on here. the jacuzzi was filthy and appeared to have barnacles in it. The best experience we had at this place was when they gave us our money back.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank bradc64
los angeles
Reviewed February 12, 2007

Great stay, enjoyed tennis court and pool.Owners updated the property, staff is friendly and helpful. great place to relax. Beautiful mountain and sunset view.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank kanu04
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 2, 2006

We payed $90 a night at this motel and it was totally not worth it. When we first walked into our room there was a super strong scent that smelled like cat litter. We opened the windows and left for a few hours, but it was still strong when we returned. We then started sneezing and coughing and realized there must have been a cat in there before and we are both allergic. We talked to the desk clerk and he gave us another room with no questions. He even gave us a double room with a kitchen for no extra charge, which was really cool. However, this room, which was a non smoking room, wreaked of cigarettes. It was dirty and old and one of the beds smelled like ----. There were cigarette ashes in the sink and food stuck on the stove. I couldn't sleep since my bed smelled like ----, and the place was just plain dirty. This is one of the worst experiences I've had at a motel, and I'm not one to complain much. I don't recommend it, especially for the price.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank bobbyteen
los angeles, ca
Reviewed September 15, 2005

Arrived late at night and was given one of the handicapped rooms. The room was nice, the hotel seems to be run ok (nothing extraordinary). There was a fridge and microwave.

The area around is not nice, but no bad either. Would recommend this to budget travelers or short term vacationers needing to stay in Indio.

• Stayed September 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Days Inn Indio
Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio

Been to Indio Travelodge? Share your experiences!