“arrogance reigns supreme”

Indio Super 8 and Suites
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed February 27, 2011

arrived 1 day late on prepaid 2 day stay. 1st, mgr said reservation was cancelled but for $30 more |I could have a king bed as paid for. Declined the extra charge and was given a room with 2 dbls. Told mgr I would call Hotel.com and complain , he refused to give us a room under any circumstances. Refused a refund and virtually called me a liar. We never got past the ignorant gatekeeper. This manager (sic) needs to be trianed, if possible, in customer relations and anger management.
Arrogance, heavy handed, uncaring,rude, ignorant,lack of compassion can be related to the MANAGER. Never got into a room. Had I read the posted reviews I would have run away from this place, Hope you do not self inflict the pain we received from the Super 8, Indio

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunbird154935
carlin710, Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

The guest's reservation was booked on Hotels.com and the the reservation was cancelled. When the guest arrived he was advised of the situation and that he could make a new resevation at the regular rate. The guest declined to make a new reservation.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

The front door of a toaster oven exploded in front of my wife and two other ladies while having the no frills continental breakfast (it was not turned on, nor was anyone using it). The manager on duty at the time came over and was only concerned about who's fault it was and showed no concern at all that these three ladies were sprayed with glass when the glass door exploded. It also took about 10 minutes for a staff member to come and clean up the glass while the manager went back behind the front desk and glared at the ladies who were in front of the toaster oven.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grampaSantanValley

A guest innappropriately placed a metal container into a toaster oven causing the appliance to malfunction. As soon as the incident occured the front desk person immediately inquired about everyone being ok - everyone was ok. The area was quickly cleaned.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

Would not reccomend this motel!! The room wasn;t clean, coffee pot didn't work, bathroom door wouldn't shut and food on floor when I walked in. My credit card was charged $30.00 more than the room rate on my print out. Then they charged another $30.00 for a soiled hand towel! I did not use it for anything other than drying my hands and my clean face. When calling about the charges, the manager was rude and got agitated with me when I asked about these extra charges. I will let my business friends Know about the conditions and rudeness at this Super 8.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mygrammylammy
indioman, Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Guest checked in and then never spoke with the Front Desk regarding any problems with the room. Our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff take care to make sure guest's always have clean room. The guest did not mention any issues during check-out and signed receipt clearly showing all charges. A $30.00 fee was charged for stained towels (make up that will not wash out), the guest was given the option to have the stained towels to keep or to relplace them. This guest also smoked in the room but we did not charge the credit card since the amount that was authorized would not have covered the smoking fee.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

From the front desk night shift to the manager to the general manager, every single person I dealt with spoke to me as if they were doing me a huge favor. Terrible attitudes prevail, with the exception of the maids, which were very nice. There is a sign that says "the use of foul language and cursing is not allowed on premises" on the wall in the office, the fact that it was necessary is obvious to me now.
It was a no smoking motel, but the room reeked of old nicotine. The bathroom smelled of mold, there were stains on the chairs, the heater didnt work, the movie stations were so dark they were barely watchable, etc. When I prepaid in cash after they cancelled my reservation and then overcharged me, the girl at the front desk dryly answered "no problem" when I thanked her. They wanted to charge me 25 extra for a late check out of noon, the room was only 55 to begin with. This place has not hospitality or quality to be seen, and the people reflect that directly. I would never stay here again and wouldnt recommend this place to ANYONE>.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank hgtroppo
carlin710, Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

When the Front Desk person started to check this guest in he made a few unusual requests including: 1) Demanding new sheets and a new blanket before even seeing room. 2) He had a reservation for 4 nights and said he wanted to cancel. He wanted to pay cash just for one night.
He was advised of the room rate and approved it - he was not overcharged. 3) Of all his complaints stated the only one actually mentioned to the Front Desk was the issue with the heater. The issue was immediately resolved when he was moved to another room which he approved. 4) Our stated policy is that any check-outs after 11am are subject to a late check out fee of $25.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Before I booked I called the call center to confirm that their was a heated pool & a jacuzzi, yes i was told. Upon arrival to the hotel it was difficult to get into the hotel. Upon checking in the service was good. I put my stuff and immediately went to the pool. I have a bad back and I was surprise not able to get in. So I asked the front desk clerk whom told only one gate is open. I confirmed with her that it was heated, yes.. I don't see a jacuzzi & she tells me that they don't have one. Guess what the pool is not heated. The breakfast in the morning was bad.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

All the operators at the Super 8 corporate call center are highly trained and know each priperties amenities, so they would not have told a customer that we had a heated pool and jacuzzi when they know we do not offer these amenities. All Hotel Front Desk staff are very familiar with all our amenities and would not have told a guest the we offer a jacuzzi.
Regarding the breakfast - we offer the Super 8 Free SuperStart Breakfast and our breakfast offerings actually exceed the required standards.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I would not recomend this motel to anyone. there was unsafe construction going on there was mold in the bathroom the ice michine was broken found a big cockroach in the bath room, rooms were dirty and to top I got scabies from the bed and the staff was rude. not worth it

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank squaredanceing
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Indio Super 8 & Suites construction was completed in feburary 2010. During Square Dance Event Mr. Gary Shoemake, Chairman of the event stayed with us and recommened our hotel to many participants. Ice machines are located in the vending room and lobby, both are new. Eco Lab does pest control and their services are guarnteed. So far we had no complaints, if any would be investigated by Ecolab and full room refund is provided. If exact date, name, and room # is provided we can do further investigation.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

When we arrived to the motel we inspected the common area which was for the continental breakfast
area and the sink was filled with disgusting food waste. We also took a picture of it and wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt that it had recently occurred although it was approximately 3:00 PM and breakfast is served from 6-9 am.
Our faucet fixtures on our sink were loose and one of our light fixtures was burned out.
The refrigerator was frozen and would not cool as well as the air conditioning. Doug the person who booked us knew we had booked for 4 person rate. When we complained to the manager Rene about the disappointing circumstances she said it was us that were hot not the room and had the nerve to say she would charge us 10 dollars extra for two more people and would not accommodate us another room with a working air conditioner The floors were so filthy that we had to use towels to walk on as a result the towels turned brown and Rene the manager had the audacity to charge us 40 dollars for dirty towels 4 two were washcloths! We thought it would be an economical place to stay which is for families and found out that the reason for low prices is due to lack of cleanliness and then they charge you later for ridiculous reasons. Were they not going to wash the towels? makes you wonder? We were very disappointed with our stay and felt very unwelcome and I even challenged Rene to wipe the carpet with a towel and see how filthy the carpet was. We felt belittled and we will rate your hotel a negative 0 and will not recommend your hotel to our family and friends. The elevator did not work or they couldn't even supply a luggage cart. They knew the elevator did not work since May.
how unacceptable is that. The front desk clerk had terrible customer service skills I even asked if they were trained on customer service skills and she said yes.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank sexychicPhoenix
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

In response to the 4 guest that emailed a comment regarding their stay on 9/29/10, we feel we must respond responsibly to all their issues. All of our front desk staff and housekeeping staff
are trained for one thing- positive customer service. We would like to respond to each issue mentioned by the guest in an honest fashion.
1.Guest were verbally aggressive and interrupting: During check-in guest were abusive to the front desk. Property had a right to refuse accommodation but felt that it would be dangerous for them to drive.
2.Sink was filled with food waste. This was 6 hours after breakfast was cleaned up. As we allow all the guest to use microwave and dinning facility, there may have been something in the sink. It was not our breakfast material, our front desk clean up immediately after breakfast is over.
3.Sink fixture were loose, 1 light burned out-we can not confirm these issues with our housekeeping , maintenance personnel.
4.Reservation policy and added fee for extra people: Guest said a friend "Doug" booked for 4 people on 3rd party website. Confirmation only showed 2 people, the 3rd party web site only booked for 2 and not 4.
When guest complained to front desk, they did not understand this issue-they had too add 2 additional guests, since they had 4 in their party. Third party booking- requires adding extra guests fee at check in.
5.Floors were filthy: After investigation with front desk and housekeeping it was discovered that a wet stain was on the carpet as guest had spilled a liquid (coffee) on the floor. This was not a guest room problem.
6.Property policy: the elevator is not active during summer, as rooms rented are on the 1st floor. The front desk clerk assigned first floor room to them.
We hope this responds to all the guests issues and we remain committed to a positive customer service commitment.