“Worst hotel ever...”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Indio
bowink
“Worst hotel ever...”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I spent two nights in Indio and had to pull a scorpion off of my 2-year-old at bedtime! I took him into the bathroom to clean him up, and was greeted by - what can only be described as - feces, on the shower curtain. Spend the extra $20-per-night and stay some place where your family is safe and won't be infected!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bowink
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
We appologies for inconvineance. Our policy is posted on our website as well as Lobby and is no different from the hospitality Industry. If you would have notified the front desk, they would have come inspected and change your room. Right away they would have called Eco Lab and have them inspect and research and if there for such a thing in the shower they would have paid you back your rent. This very unlikely at hotels that are serviced by nationally recognised company like "Eco Lab".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sandpoint
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This place looks good in the pictures, but it is disgusting, and don't even think about getting a refund if you have reserved a room and and find that it doesn't meet your minimum standards of cleanliness when you get there. This place has followed the way of Motel 6 and other low budget motels around the country. In other words it is not an american run establishment, in my oppinion, and does not meet minimum standards of decency. Be prepared to argue with the management if you require a reasonably clean room with white linens and carpets that are not stained from paint overspray, or lack of vaccuming. I managed to take a shower in the place before I checked out and left my $548 behind and went elsewhere. The next day I had an itch on my ankles that didn't go away for a week. The piece of bent aluminum that held the shower curtain about two inches below the top of the tub pivoted on sixteen penny nails driven into the wall. I would not recommend this place to an enemy, let alone a friend. The room was so bad I didn't even venture to the pool. The furniture looked like it had been purchased at a yard sale of one of the local gheto motels that were going out of business. I would recommend this place if you need a place to take a prostitute, or to go smoke dope, or plan a hold up. My only regret is that I didn't take pictures to send to other Super 8 owners, around the country, that are good managers. Sure glad I got out of there alive, but every time I think of that place I want to go take a shower.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank 2thmkr
We appologies for your experience. Our policy is that you inspect the room and if you are not happy we will provide another room or refund you fully.

Ones you have used the room we do not refund.

We have very dadicated employees regardless of their nationality, religion or race, and they perform excellantly when it comes to housekeeping and customer service.

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

Tracy, California
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Posted $50 "refundable" pet deposit increased to "$100" for dog show WITHOUT prior notification. Staff schooled on how to RIP off guests at check out with fictional "damages" (pleats pulled from bed shirts). Filthy lobby - trash bucket in lobby all three days with half filled gross, dirty water in front of ice machine AND trash overflowing onto counter next to coffee pot. Construction until 2011 (not informed of this either before booking) made it handicapped inaccessible and just plain messy. DO NOT STAY HERE - if need a no frills "pets allowed" place - even MOTEL6 (use code "AKC" for discount) is a better option.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nancy219
We recognize that you had to pay $100.00 deposit for Pet during 2010 Dog Show in Indio. All hotels in Indio charge the dog deposit.

Our policy, we believe is fair. We ask the guest to report at check-in if there was anything wrong with room and at check out we inspect all the rooms while guest are at the property and make guest responsible for any damages. Over the years guest staying at our property has been a repeat customers. We had all our room sold during 2010 Dog Show.

We and most of our guest do not compare us with Motel 6.
Gilroy,Ca
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Over 2 nights the wifi never worked and on the second night the entire phone system for the place was down. The never ending remodel/construction is still going on. This place was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank johnnyyuma
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Hotel just finished an extensive renovations and now we have Wifi available with 24 Hours Help Assistance with toll free number. Our internet network is managed by Deep Blue a leading hospitality internet management company and we have Verizon Fiberobtic (state of art) provider.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2009

While walking to the swimming pool I went by the ice machine. There was a weird guy on a bicycle talking to himself using the motel ice machine to fill up a plastic bag. As I walked by he started yelling at me. So instead of going to the pool I walked straight to the lobby to tell them about it. There were a couple of guys in the lobby there I tried to tell about it and they told me not to tell them about it, but pointed to a guy yelling on the phone and told me to tell him about it. So then, I then stepped towards him and tried to catch his eye or to notice me. He glanced at me dismissively and continued
with his yelling tirade on the phone, so I left. Since I did not see the creepy guy I went on to the pool. There was a young teenage girl in the pool. When she left the pool I told her to be careful of the creepy guy at the ice machine so she changed direction so she would not have to pass by there.

I could not get any of the basic regular network channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. I called the front desk about it and they said they would look into it. I called about it again about 4 or 5 hours later and they said they had the same probelm in the lobby and it was being looked into. It was never fixed during my entire stay.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank PhotoVisitor
Hotel now has 32 cameras and able to record all the incidents for Police. We have installed additional fencing to keep all who are not the hotel guest away.

We are in the desert where TV signals are lost during sand storms. In oder to better serve we have "Direct TV" as a provider.
Central California
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Hotel is going through construction, but the room they gave us was remodeled and the beds were great. My wife slept through the entire night which is unusual for her when we travel. Fresh paint inside and out, carpets looked good (I couldn’t tell if they were new or in really good shape).

I’m a big guy and REALLY appreciate the bowed shower curtain rods, which this motel has.

Another nice thing was that there is a KFC and 24 hour Burger King within 100 feet or so and a Sizzler right across the street. We got there after a long day on the road (motorcycles),grabbed a quick dinner watched a newer movie and went to sleep.

Management was friendly and helpful, but we didn’t need anything as the room was great the way we got it.

We will stay there again when we are passing through there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank GaryODS
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our location is in safe area of Indio and in the middle of restaurant district. Thank you for taking advantage of the same.Yes we did renovate all the old rooms during 2009 and 2010. Come visit us when you are in the area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I've stayed in Super8's over 20 years, in 8 states. Always been satisfied. Because the Palm Springs area is really expensive, I figured making my arrangements through Wyndham Rewards, for a discount, was about the best I could do even though it seemed quite expensive.

I stopped at this Super8 on the second night of a road trip from the SF Bay Area to Sedona, AZ. Arrangements made two weeks in advance.

This was the worst hotel (motel) I've ever stayed in, in my entire life. The entire complex is undergoing construction and you can't even find it, if you come in after dark. The Super8 sign is not out and the whole place was dark. I only found it with the help of a GPS. It is covered with scaffolding and tarps and is really eerie in the dark, as the only lights on around the lobby entrance were old Christmas lights. In March? I got out of my car and went through the door (windows were black) and had to ask if it was a Super8. Very scary place.

I had booked a First Floor room, as my right knee doesn't work --- no elevator. The girl in the office gave me room 204 --- I immediately told her that it was a mistake as my reservation said First Floor. She said her records said Second Floor. I told her I was unable to walk upstairs. So, she said she'd see if there was another room, but finally said the whole place was booked so that was the only room. I then asked for my money back (things weren't looking good, with no lights and all the scaffolding/tarps all over the place) but she said NO --- I was stuck.

I finally hauled myself up to the second floor and found a disgusting room. There was mud on the floor of the bathroom, as well as mold around the tub. Many of the bathroom tiles were cracked. Also, there was only two towels (small bath towels) in the place. No hand towels or wash clothes. I've never seen that in a Super8 before.

The decor was about 30 years old. Ugly border around the ceiling, which emphasized the fact that the drapes were hung crooked. One side was 2 inches below the border --- other side was 5 inches below. Also, they had painted the door (dark brown) recently and painted right over the Emergency Exit info. Yuck. Also, carpets were stained.

The bed was disgusting. I pulled back the bedspread to sit in bed watching TV and discovered nobody had tucked in the sheets (they were just loose) and the sheets were very worn. Very unkempt and no mattress pad. Just a plastic cover over the mattress, so when I rolled over in bed, you could hear the plastic. Very uncomfortable. Also, furniture was about 30 year old plastic/particle board stuff.

The walls were very thin --- could hear the TV next door -- and the pipes were loud. At 5:30am, I awoke suddenly when the next door person took a shower. Sounded like an explosion next door.

Morning "continental breakfast" was a joke. The lobby was tiny and nobody could move in there and all they had was coffee, bread and frozen waffles and cold cereal. No fruit or yogurt or juice variety or any of the things usually available.

The pool was unavailable (and filthy) due to the construction. Next to the pool was a dumb-looking Frosty the Snowman (March?) ---- the place is pathetic.

The place is really creepy and scary (what with all the construction and poor service and sub-par room). I was afraid to take a shower, with the mud and mold. Outside it looked like a war zone, with all the police tape, etc. I got out of there as fast as I could in the morning. I'm puzzled as to why they are open during major construction when it's obviously a major safety hazard for anyone staying there. Also, the soda machines are enclosed in a heavy-duty metal casing, which implies they have a theft problem.

I wouldn't stay here ever again, even after construction is complete, even if it was free. It was extremely scary.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank MarlySF
Hotel went through $4Million renovation and addition between June 2008 through March 2010. As the new construction was in the front of the hotel, exiting rooms were sold with construction discount rate. Hotel construction is now complete.

We now have a biger better sign on Hwy 111, have a elevator tower with sign making it easy to find. Our rates are for each room type and if rooms are availble we are able to upgrade. This being a full season all our rooms get sold out as we are "Outstanding Accomodation At Moderate Prices" in Indio and Palmspring Area in general.

We encourage our guest to communicate to our front desk so that they can help.