“Problems”

Indio Super 8and Suites
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Indio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Indio
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The location of the hotel was right in the middle of the places we were going, which worked out great. Everything was really good until I noticed ants at the sink on our 2nd morning there. Also pieces of the tile floor where in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. We feel so bad that you wrote us a great review but scored us only 3 star. We truly wish that you could have let the front desk know about the ant that showed up the second day. We could have sent our Head Housekeeper or maintenance Supervisor to take care of it and also informed the Eco Lab who does our pest control. We also do the Cutesy calls for the same reason.
Pinedale
Reviewed February 23, 2014

A good value for the price. Room was clean, comfortable and everything was in good working order. Only issue was a minor one; the shower was designed for very short people.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

indioman, Front Desk clerk at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your comments, and to give us this positive review.
Our staff are very much dedicated to providing exceptional customer service for every guest, every time. Our Showers are adjusted at standard height. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Pomona, California
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was a really good experience for me and my family. Based on the reviews that this hotel has made me have thoughts about this place. I am happy that I made my reservation at this hotel, room was really clean. Customer service was great I ask front desk Yoselyn R to show me the room and she kindly ask me what type of room I was looking for. She showed me all 3 kinds. This was really nice of her to take her time to show me each room. The rooms are clean, really quiet, I parked infront of room, free wifi , and breakfast. I will recommed this hotel to my friend and family. I really love the fact that the stores and restaurants were walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and taking your time to write good things about our hotel. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. Yoselyn is an excellent hard worker and very much appreciated I will forward you kind comments.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I am currently trying to get my degree in the hotel industry. This property has everything my professor warned me about. There are stained pillows, traces of carelessness, and the coffee maker is unclean. There are crumbs all over the carpeting and my mom found hair on her blanket. This was the last available property for this weekend. I could have done a better job vacuuming myself - and I'm legally blind. It's relatively quiet right now so that's good. I may try to sleep but I don't want to get eaten by bed bugs. Personally if I was the GM I would seriously consider retraining your housekeepers - as I lay my head on a stained pillow. Hey at least there's free wifi. Honestly this property isn't worth the $120 for the night my parents paid. I get that it's not a Fairfield - Marriott's economy brand but still..... Just no.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Matt W
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you point out things wrong with our hotel. In researching I find no validity. Our pillows are newer based on Super 8 standards and most of them are in proactive cases and pillow cases on top. Our housekeeper are well trained and our Wyndham inspector did not find any stained pillow cases or crumbs on the carpet or hair in 30 out of 90 rooms they checked. Now we reviewed our curtsy call for last 15 days and did not find any guest stating any of the comment close to yours. We understand that you found the price higher and if you would have told to the front desk they could have provided the list of the other hotels in the area. In any event we apologies for your experience.

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a decent place to stay that was not expensive while passing through the area. An internet search showed other hotels at other I-10 exits nearby (high end communities) were much more expensive. This hotel was a couple miles off the exit and seemed okay. We checked out the locations, lobbies and even rooms of a couple other hotels in Indio and rejected them. We went back to the Super 8. The Super 8 manager was very accommodating and upgraded us to a suite for the same price as a normal room (we wanted a first floor room). I asked to see the room first. The room was decent, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the plumbing worked - it met our expectations. Across the street is a Ponderosa restaurant where we had dinner and it was great. The free breakfast in the lobby area of the hotel was fine the next morning - we had no complaints. Again, it's about expectations based on the fact that it is a Super 8 and not a Hilton Gardens, and we were satisfied. We would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you commit. Express your needs to the front desk to help assure you can be...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Valued Customer:
We appreciate your feed back. We also appreciate that you took time to look at other hotels in Indio along with ours and than made your decision to stay with us. Your advice to others are well put and it will help us as many of the guest use reviews as a tool to get discount or hurt the business. We want to help every guest that stay with us enjoy our hospitality. As you said we are not Hilton Garden but Super 8 & suites, that is economically priced and offer all rooms with Pillow top beds, amenities include refrigerator, hair dryer, iron, and room serviced by 15+ years of experienced housekeepers who work very hard to assure that rooms are properly cleaned. We have elevators for our guest as we do cater to a lots of repeat senior citizen whose comfort is our comfort. Our breakfast include two type of cereal, juices, bread, cinnamon rolls, waffles, fresh fruit and yogurt. We make sure our night auditor and shift 1 supervisor take care of our guests and upon check in our front desk makes a curtsy calls to help if anything else is desired.
Again we thank you for stating what you observed.