“Decent place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Indio
San Antonio
“Decent place to stay”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was looking for a good spot to stay close to golf course I was playing the next day. For me the only downside was finding the hotel. It's set back off the main road nd not easy to find. Once I did find it, all was ok after that. Nothing real fancy, definitley serviceable for the overnight stay. Family restaraunt right across the street made it easy. The room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was basic but enough to hold me over until lunch. I would recommend this location and I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. You comments are true. We are little inside of Hwy 111 and yes it does take at times efforts to find us. We have added a monument sign on Hwy 111 and build a elevator tower which allows us to display our sign. We are working on a new signage on Manroe Sreet.

We offer almost every thing any hotel can offer in Indio. Location: We are surrounded by restaurants in the heart of Indio. Please visit us again and Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Good Price and Good Hotel Breakfast was included and it was very good, the pool area was very nice, the only thing was that it was a little far from the Indian Wells complex but overall I had a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank LindaGerlach
Thankyou for your input. We price our room very competatively with other hotels in the area. Our free breakfast has two variety of Cereal, Waffles, Muffins, Whie and Wheat Bread, Juices, Fresh Fruit, Coffee and Tea. On our pool we have a BBQ area for guest who wants to BBQ. You are right we are about 3+ miles from Indian Wells Sport Complex.

We would love to see you again during Tennis Taurnment in March 2014.
Aurora
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Room I was given was supposed to be an upgrade to a deluxe suite. It wasn't a suite or deluxe. It was barely serviceable. Rooms are dark, dingy and just need updating. The shower worked, but was hard to turn on. Towels were scarce and had to be requested each day. The night person almost made me turn around and go home when he called the night before we arrived because my cc was "denied". It turned out that he just didn't enter the expiration date correctly. Four times! With three different credit cards! I thought he was scamming me and fishing for credit card numbers or that someone had stolen my identity already. I truly almost turned around and went home because of his incompetence. Probably should have anyway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your response. We apologizes for the inconvenience. We have spoken to our shift B and Shift C associates about your frustrations. We had problems authorizing your credit card. Today due to identity thefts, credit card companies have become strict. Due to cancellation policy, we need to have a valid credit card on file. our intentions were to have a room for you when you came and there for called you to help us retain your reservation.

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Free WIFI, breakfast included and friendly and efficient staff made this a very enjoyable visit to the Super 8 Indio. The hotel was very reasonably priced and the rooms were nice. I enjoyed the fact that the room had a bathtub. Parking was plentiful. It is a great place to stay whilst experiencing all the delights of the region - Joshua Tree National Park, Living Desert Zoo & Gardens in Palm Springs & the Palm Springs Air Museum. I would encourage any visitors to Indio to make the short trip down the highway to the small town of Mecca (not the one in Saudi Arabia) where there is a very authentic Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious. If you do travel from Indio through the Joshua Tree National Park, I would suggest a trip to the delightful town of 29 Palms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Jonathon247
Thank you very much for your review. Our staff and I appreciate your kind words and in-site full information for our future guest about our location. Please visit us next time you are in town.
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This property has some not so great rooms... old, dated and over air freshened but we were lucky to stay in one of the remodeled suites! Sadly this hotel doesn't send email confirmations so I called in a bit of a panic to confirm I had reserved a room. Veronica used the word suite and I interpreted that as a suite with a sofa bed. Alas when I got there they said it was a mini suite... one of the lessor older rooms. I was upset at the misunderstanding and Jay the manager did find us a suite with a king as I thought I was getting with a small increase in price. The suite was totally worth it! Great bed and pillows. Nice decor, little fridge with freezer, sink, microwave and hot plate. Had great wireless! Cute patio, but needed to be cleaned. Worst problem... lack of ice. Had to go to office to get and often had to wait for someone to bring it because they kept running out. OH... other worst problem... no email confirmation. Jay, Anna, Veronica and Alex did their best to keep us happy. Next year I will call ahead to book one of the remodeled suites.

Room Tip: Call Jay and ask him for a nice suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iacnld
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking a time to post a review. You have done more than writing a review. You educated us as far as how to communicate between Suites, Mini suites and Standard rooms and appropriately list the aminities with in different type of rooms. Since your response Veronica has taken photos of these rooms to post on various sites and communicate to Wyndham (mike) so they can update photos on their sites and OTA. Staff has recommended that we call our suites: suites and call our Mini suites: Deluxe Room to avoid miscommunication in the future. As far as E-mail confirmation we are working with Wyndham Corporation for several years. They will be installing a new software which continues to face delays but Mike Beird at Wyndham has insured us that we will have new software by first quarter of next year. Ice Machines we are using were supplied by Wyndham Prefered Vender called American Register. We will remind Mike at Wyndham. Again want to thank you for a constructive review to help us exceed customer expectations. We will love to have you next year..
Indio
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My stay was very comfortable. One of the best hotels in Indio. Nice employees and good service. Only two complaints, empty soda machines and TV channels either didn't match guide or weren't on at all. Thank you...

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your confidence in us.

We have 4 soda machines and all have product in it. Please feel free to ask the front desk for other machine location. One of them is just water and other 3 are variety of soda machines.

We have Flat Pannel TV in our Suites and 32" TV in all other rooms. We have Direct TV with HBO, Sports Channels and all other. I had our staff check all the rooms to see if TV's are programed correctly.

Ones again Thank you.
Fremont, California, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My stay was okay, and the price was right. The outside appeared clean, and the place seemed relatively quiet while I was there.

The inside of the room I stayed in; however, was in desperate need of an update. The furniture was from another era, heavily worn, and on the verge of falling apart. There were numerous little things that were broken or non-functional. I'm not sure if it was just the room I stayed in or if all the rooms are in similar condition.

Overall, my stay wasn't a bad one; but it wasn't a great one, either. The price was one of the best that I had found for the area; but, as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8and Suites, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are glad you liked the clean and quite room. We will certainly look in to your comments about furniture. In our standard room furniture may be old but refinished this year. This is a sold wood furniture that take a lot of ware but hold up pretty good. Also you can try our suites which are little more expensive but brand new with all amenities .