“we stayed one night. first off , the clerk gave us keys to...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Indio

Super 8 Indio
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Indio
INDIO
“we stayed one night. first off , the clerk gave us keys to...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

we stayed one night. first off , the clerk gave us keys to a room that the room was not made up. you would think staff would be on top of that. the next room we get has a king size bed in it that squeeks every time either of us moved. the curtain in the room was prev. ripped out of the wall and just stuck back up crocked. the last thing was the bathroom. real scary!!!!! i dont think it was ever cleaned. neither of us would shower in it. it was so dirty that i dont think bleach would help.i think the last guests had to be construction workers that worked real hard. sorry to be so critical but we were so surprised since we had stayed in super 8s before and had great stays. we will never return to that location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

indioman, General Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. As you live in Indio and our hotel is in Indio, we appreciate you selecting us. I have reached out to you to find out more about your stay via email. Ones we have more information we can respond better.
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
GILBERT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'll start at the beginning as that seems to be best. The reservation was made over the phone and I gave my payment information as requested. The desk clerk failed to notify me of their policy of holding funds above the room rate as I was using a debit card and that it would take 3-10 days for the excess funds they held from my account would be released for my use. Had I known the policy, I would have used a credit card and not a debit card. She also refused to switch the cards payment would be made on which would have satisfactorily resolved that situation for me.

The room was small and smelled of smoke. The desk clerk told us that the smell was from the carpet cleaner they used. Perhaps they should rethink how they clean their carpets.

While the bedding appeared clean, I chose to sleep with my clothes on as the general feel of the room was not so. I'm glad I did as I have what appear to be bug bites all over my hands and feet which were not covered, as well as up my lower legs.

I cannot in any way, shape, or form recommend Super8 Motels ever again. I have stayed at Super8's for the better part of the last 20 years when travelling so this was an extreme disappointment. Far better to pay a few extra dollars and stay at a reputable hotel from here on out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your response. As a policy we let every one know that in case of debit card, any credits takes 3-7 days to reflect on your statement. We have always changed credit cards if the crdit card is valid.

Most of the hotels every where in the world will authorise 30% to cover incidental expense. credit card authorisations allows us to hold your room and provide services.

It is understandable that you feel that we failed in communicating to you credit card policy and after that we could not have done anything right. Please let the curtsey caller know of your concern so we can help you better. Again thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our vehicle broke down on I-10 headed to LA around Chiraco Summit. We were towed to Indio. After a day of car repairs, we were desperate to find a place to sleep for the night. The staff treated us well. The room was another story. Hot mess does not begin to describe it. There bizarre sign on the wall, not really in a place it should be. There were screws holding it up - kinda. We found out shutting the bathroom door, that is was because of a hole in the wall. One of my kids jumped up onto the bed and the lights went out. They got off the bed and the light came back on. The TV was circa 1984. They did however have a nice sign by the coffee maker describing that "due to the high demand for their in room amenities" that they were available for purchase in the lobby. Some of the posted items were a $45 alarm clock (no wake up calls), $110 pillow and $225 comforter?!? number one - eww! Number two, lower end everything. Nothing you ever want\need. From what we could tell, this place was not well maintained place. The towels were stained. The walls were so thin as we tried to sleep,we could hear the TV in a few of the rooms around us. If you are able, try to make it to Palm Springs, Banning or Redlands. We won't ever be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Holly V
indioman, General Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We thank you for your response. As far as I can tell based on my personal audit of the rooms, we have Zenith, Samsung or LG TV. Circa 1984 TV is new news to me. Property was not even built than and Franchise requires TV to be updated every several years. Hopefully during your next trip you will find a updated TV, Hair dryer, Refrigerator, Iron and ironing board. Regarding the Bizarre sign, we are not aware of anything. We do keep the list of all room inventory in every room as guest are responsible for those amenities..