“Very comfortable and friendly facility”

Indio Super 8 and Suites
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very comfortable and friendly facility”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this Super 8 during my travels. The room was very comfortable and clean, and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Made my travels through Indio very enjoyable, besides the weather. It was way too hot for me! I'm obviously not from the area, and the heat was a bit too much for me. Great hotel though! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
indioman, General Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate high marks. During January, most years, weather in Indio is very pleasant. At times it is warmer and hardly any rain. Hope you come visit us again and we will prey for a better weather. Travel between January and March is the best for mild weather.
Now we have suites with kitchenette, balcony and rooms are larger for your convenience .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Selma, California
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband and I had to be in Indio due to a family emergency during a weekend in November 2011. We stayed two nights and departed early Monday morning paying for the room the sum of $ 154 for two nights through Visa. I thought the fee was high for a room that wasn't as cleaned, the sheets on the bed were worn down and the pillows were horrible to sleep on. The towels were washed clean but weren't as soft but harsh on the skin. There was a gap under the front door which let in cold air throughout the night and the heater was so loud we were unable to get a good night sleep. We didn't parttake of the "so called breakfast that was served" because it didn't good appealing! Several days later I noticed through on-line banking that my Visa was charged one extra night for $74.80. I got on the phone and demanded an explanation to the extra room charge. It took several phone calls and almost a month to straigthened this problem. Renee took charge and finally my Visa was returned the extra room charge this January 2012! I don't have plans to return to this hotel and next time I am in Indio I will search for a hotel that is worth my paying the mid-level fee charge for a room.

Room Tip: Read the reviews prior to booking a hotel .
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
We thank you for your review. During November weather in Indio is very pleasant. Not very cold. Our breakfast has 8 items, like 2 choice of serial, bread, juice, beverage and waffles and cinnamon roles. We have fresh fruit and yogurt. We offer free breakfast, WiFi and local phone calls. Regarding the credit for extra payment may be due to three night special price reservation or extra reservation that would be no show. Renee at that time was the manager and I am glad that she refunded you the money.
Redding, California
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed in this establishment on 12/22/2011. The manager of our stay; Renee, and our room's house cleaner have quite a scam for those who pay a cash deposit vs deposit with credit. The house cleaner reported we had been smoking in our room to the manager, and the manager; Renee, refused to refund our money, despite the fact the motel security camera directly outside of our room clearly showed me extinguishing a cigarette moments before entering the room. The smell in the room was from carrying an extinguished cigarette into the room for one to two minutes while I was retrieving my last bag, so I could smoke the mostly still full cigarette in the designated smoking area.

The outside lighting is poor in the breezeway at night, therefore I did not notice the sign when checking in; however, when I did notice it on my return from my first trip to pack my car in the morning, I did notice the sign and immediately extinguish my cigarette.

THE SIGN SAYS NO SMOKING IN ROOMS. I DID NOT SMOKE IN THE ROOM.

The cleaning lady checked our room moments after we checked out. The odor could not have been strong, as we could not even smell it when the manager, cleaning lady and my traveling partner and I returned to investigate the "smell". The cleaning lady, who could not speak english, pointed to some small ash from my extinguished cigarette which fell to the floor when I picked up my bag. Good grief, does she not vacuum the place between guests??? I paid an extra cost for a pet deposit, and the moment we entered the room he was under the bed trying to get at stuff not vacuumed off the floor under the bed. Considering the stuff that goes on in hotels, I surely don't want my dog getting into something left under the bed and missed by housecleaning because they are too busy scamming the guests.

Worst experience of my life. The offered to call the police and have us wait for them to show up, which who knows how long that would have put us behind in our Christmas trip. BA HUMBUG to Renee and her mexican house cleaner who ripped me off over the Christmas holiday. I hope they had a very bad holiday, to say the least, after what they did to us. We filled out a complaint form and got a bad number from Renee to report our experience, so we are taking our complaint to the streets.

Room Tip: dont pay cash deposit
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Wish we could have made your trip pleasant but we have a zero tolerance for guest who smoke in the room. We have signs in the lobby front desk, we have have language in the registration and guest are asked to initial, we have a "no smoking" sign in the room. We have "smoke free" environment since year 2000. Penalty of $50 is to remind the smokers and does not even cover the deep cleaning cost. In order for the next guest not to complain and post a bad review our rooms has to eliminate all smoking smell. We wash walls, clean drapes, vent the room, use special chemicals, shampoo the carpets. Sometime it takes couple of days and we loose the rent but we need to do a right thing for our guest. Again we apologize but if guest is a smoker, Indio Super 8 is not the place.
Pacific Grove, California, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at in years. The cleanliness was below par, it was comparable to a Motel 6 or worse; however, priced like a upper-mid-level hotel.

In the morning I found out the shower didn't event work. The manager was nice enough to offer a $7 refund. Really, a $7 refund for a room with a non-working shower?

Just avoid this hotel if at all possible.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We conduct a courtesy calls to help guest make the most out of their room investment. If we would have known we could have offered another room. In December 2011 our standard room sold for $55. Refund of $7 would be 15% of the rent. Our head housekeeper and maintenance engineer inspects all the rooms before they are rented. This could be the one they may have missed. We will certainly take this to our heart and will do a better job.
Arizona
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable. It was reasonably priced and well kept. You can tell that they just got done remodeling. The customer service was great! We needed to check in early and they were able to help us with that. Not all hotels would even think about letting you do that. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lroz
Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you recognize that we have renovated our hotel. We added 21 suites and upgraded 14 rooms to mini suites with breakfast bar and remodeled all 71 standard room with 3 color paint, travertine bath room floor and new pillow to beds in all rooms. We added elevator for our guest as well. Come stay with again.
Eagar, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I'd like to start by saying that this is not a four star hotel! However, it was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were headed to six flags and didn't want to leave our luggage in the car all day for things like deodorant to melt. We called ahead and asked if they could help us out. we passed by them at 9:30, wa-a-y before check in time and they had our rooms ready for us so that we could not only have a place to stash our stuff, but we could also check in early! They went out of their way to make our trip better. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Megan R
Thank you very much for letting us know you were treated well. Our front desk associates work very hard to please our guest. They try and help every way they can. You like the early check-in, quality of our new beds, cleanliness of our rooms, and service of our front desk. When you visit next you will find that we offer free breakfast that includes 2 choice of juices, cereal, bread, beverages, waffle and cinnamon rolls. We have added elevator for guest. We offer free wifi and local calls. Again as you have seen it, we are in the heart of the restaurant district on most desirable Hyw 111 location.
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is a total rip-off! I checked in to this fleabag palace because they had free wi-fi. Checked into my room, fired up the laptop and....nothing!!! Immediately went to the front desk to check out & get a refund, and they refused! Said there must be something wrong with my computer. I went to another motel & it worked just fine. Had to go to small claims court to get my refund. The owner is the most dishonest person I have ever met.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. Our free WiFi is designed and implement by Deep Blue a Wyndham vendor and has not received any complaints so far. They have 24 hours help desk. We do have policy that after check-in, and after reasonable time in the room, we will not refund the money. If there is a issue with the room we will go a head and change the room. Ones the room is used it can be rented until housekeeper clean it again . We are glad you liked Royal Plaza.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Royal Plaza Inn
Indio Travelodge
#13 of 16 in Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa

Been to Indio Super 8 and Suites? Share your experiences!