“What a pleasant stay!”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Bakersfield, California
“What a pleasant stay!”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Royal Palms. We had great service. The AC and fridge worked really well. The beds were comfortable. The room was spacious. The shower was fabulous for back problems. It was nice to soak sore feet in the jacuzzi after all that dancing! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2010

This is the worst "hotel" I've ever stayed at! They deliberately overcharged me and I couldn't get past the manager Sylvia who I had overheard instructing her humongous mineons to "overcharge and let them dispute it." There were bed bugs and the internet didn't work although they charged me anyway and they even added a pet charge even though I had no pets. Sylvia wouldn't return my calls after I saw the added billing and when I (own a pest control company) informed them that they had bed bugs it was suggested that I had brought them! This is definately Hotel Hell.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bambamthebugman

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

palm springs california
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a Date Night away locally from the kids. The manager Sylvia was overheard telling the staff to overcharge people and "see if they catch it" My husband arrived before me and didn't think to add me on the room list nor was he asked. When I arrived; the desk "lady" refused to let me gain access and even threatened to call the police if I didn't leave. My husband was watching TV and didn't hear his cell. The room phone didn't work. When he eventually called me out of concern I told him what had happened. When he complained he was told he could never stay there again. Horrific experience and the bed sheets were even dirty!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mystayreview
west covina
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I went to Indio for the dog show, and decided to stay at the Royal Plaza Inn. When I checked in I was greeted by Ann and Lauren who were so friendly. They were very helpful and even treated my little dog as a welcomed guest :D. When I checked out on Sunday, Sylvia the manager was just as friendly as the 2 girls at check in. Everyone was so nice and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. I read some of the reviews on here and I just cannot believe them to be true. I think some people just exaggerated, because I didn't find anything wrong with this hotel. If you're looking for a 4 star hotel this probably isn't the place for you, but if you're looking for a great deal, great location and a friendly and helpful staff then stay here. I will definitely be back!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Orange
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I would recommend Royal Plaza as an excellent value for money. My basketball varsity team of 15 boys, coaches and parents stayed there recently. It was centrally located for our games in Palm Desert. The management had made sure that we were grouped together away from the main crowd. The rooms were nice, clean and cosy with plenty of towels and other supplies. The staff were friendly and met all our needs. Having Cactus Jacks restaurant on the property definitely saved time during our hectic schedule. We will return to Royal Plaza for future events.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Not a safe neighborhood / management is absolutely horrifically irresponsible and is content to not honor any of your requests - no kidding!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jdutmers
Torrance, California
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We booked a room with a King and got a room with 2 queens. The room was barely clean, the TV didn't work, there wasn't a clock in the room, nor a coffee maker or microwave. We were assured an iron to press our clothes but that wasn't available. The morning breakfast was a joke with only 3 packages of instant oatmeal available along with some lukewarm coffee. They did bring some pastries and juice, but there were no trays to bring breakfast back to your room, and the guests that were waiting for Saturday's breakfast had waited a long time. Sunday morning offered less!
Don't look for discounts here as the weekend clerks aren't authorized to give discounts and the manager doesn't work weekends, nor will she give a dime!
Good luck!!!