“Good place to Stopover”
Review of Royal Plaza Inn

Royal Plaza Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stopped here for a night as we travelled through, we found the place average. The rooms were clean and comfortable enough, the bed was comfortable but we had problems with the WiFi, we were told it was every room, but we had room 101 right next to the reception and it didn't reach our room.
The best part of our stopover here was the dinner at the attached restaurant, Cactus Jacks. This place is not owned by or part of the motel. We had a couple of drinks in a friendly atmosphere and the dinner we had was excellent. The food was tasty, the servings were big and the price very reasonable. i would go back to the motel again just so we could have drinks and a meal in the restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed the same.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mundo61
There are newer reviews for Royal Plaza Inn

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Old, but clean, when we arrived, 7pm, the ac was being repaired, room was warm, but by the time we returned after dinner, it was just ok. The check in was helpful. Cost was $70 for the night, which is ok for a place off the main road. The restaurant next door is very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I don't know how to give this place NO STARS!! Absolutely disgusting hotel!! I can not believe it has 3 stars! Motel 6 is like the Ritz Carlton compared to this! First room we got was not clean and had a foul smell! 2nd room still smelled but at least the bed was made up! Received an iron but no ironing boards available! Keys kept being defective! Pool is green! Walls are thin you can hear toilets flushing from upstairs, next door and across the hall! Staff is very nice, but this room is gross! We even went to get air freshener and disinfectant but still not comfortable! Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chaun M
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had reservations at best western, when I arrived they stated they made a mistake and cancelled reservation, now had no rooms... I noticed that there's some sort of festival around and all of the hotels are now booked.. a business partner of mine mentioned this resort before, I remembered and phoned him, I contacted the resort and they were immensely generous and accommodating.... When I arrived check in was incredibly fast, the gals upfront really sweet and welcoming... I was exhausted and it was refreshing to go to beimmediately, I was right there was a music festival going on.... I planned on leaving next morning, two meetings got rescheduled, so even though I was set to check out I stayed they were extremely professional and accommodating..... the staff is great, I feel very comfortable and that's something that I can't say everywhere I stay, in my line of work hotels are what I have to call home and I'm glad that I found this place... Will be coming back and recommending it to my friends and family..... very satisfied....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is the second year the CCF team has stayed at the Royal Plaza Inn during the free health clinic at the Indio/Riverside Fairgrounds . The owner, and manager, Sylvia remembered me and welcomed us back.

The hotel is perfect for our team because it is located a block from the fairgrounds. After volunteering at the clinic for 14 hours it was nice to know that we could come back to our room in five minutes and crash after a long day and get ready for the next. Thank you Royal Plaza for your hospitality. Pam

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I attended the Sugar Ray concert at Spotlight 29, and wanted a cheap but clean room to stay in. That's exactly what we got. I feel a lot of the negative posts are huge exaggerations. We have stayed at very nice places, and we have stayed at dumps. This place is no 5 star resort, but it was quiet and very clean. The room is very spacious. The king bed was very comfortable. I liked how the toilet and shower are in the same area, and then a door separates the bathroom area with a sink and large mirror. That's very helpful when traveling, because one person can shower, and the other can do their hair because of the door that separates both areas. There is also a large mirror near the bed, which is great. My husband was pleased to see a flat screen TV, as many motels have old 90s televisions. Ladies should plan ahead and bring your own hair conditioner, as the rooms only provide shampoo and bath soap. The shower cap was a nice touch for the next morning I wanted just a quick shower, so I was able to keep my hair dry. The Cactus Jacks bar next door had amazing breakfasts and $5 mimosas. The neighborhood isn't the nicest, but we felt safe. The manager does have a very bold personality, but she was extremely friendly to us. Overall, it was a very good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My stay at The Royal Plaza Inn was very pleasant. Staff was very friendly, warm and helpful. They did an awesome job making sure my needs were met and asked me if there was anything they could do to make sure I had a comfortable stay. I loved the pool! Very clean with sparkling clear water. The room I stayed in was very comfortable and the microwave and fridge definatly came in handy. The housekeeping was also very friendly and did a wonderful job with the cleanliness of the room I stayed in. I'm very satisfied with my experience and will definatly stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Days Inn Indio
Indio Travelodge
Indio Travelodge
#13 of 16 in Indio
Indian Palms Country Club & Resort

Been to Royal Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!