“The good, the bad and the ugly”
Review of Royal Plaza Inn

Royal Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Florence, Oregon
“The good, the bad and the ugly”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had an unexpected delay on a trip and needed to spend the night in Indio. It was Friday after New Year's and understandably a busy time. I was happy to get a room for a reasonable rate. The front desk staff was nice.

The room available was upstairs, no elevator. I went to pick up something to eat and when I returned there was NO parking. I drove through the lot a couple of times hoping someone would leave. I finally parked in front of the office and asked about parking. The desk clerk said people would be leaving the restaurant next door by 10 pm. I told him I was tired and didn't want to wait that long to move my car and there was no where to put it in the meantime. He told me I could park next to the curb just ahead of the office. That was convenient for lugging my bags upstairs, but to be on the safe side I put my steering wheel lock on and set the alarm.

Finally settled in my room and ready to eat my salad, I discovered there was no hand soap. I called the front desk and was told there was some there if I could come down. Sadly, there was no soap available there, but I was given more shampoo.

The air conditioning worked well, which was a plus. The place could use a face lift. it's pretty dated and worn.

At least it was somewhat convenient to my destination.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelingADream

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed there one night as we were traveling along I-10. It is off the beaten path and therefore quiet. The room was clean and the price was reasonable. No complaints. The staff was accommodating although we didn't interact with them very much as we arrived late and left early. I was attracted to the "no fee for cancellation" policy although we didn't use it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went to Indio for a square dance weekend and stayed at the Royal Plaza. Third visit to Indio for dancing and definitely recommend this property for lodging. The staff is awesome! Price is reasonable with the square dance discount and you get a free hot breakfast each day. The breakfast bar has many choices and the food is from Cactus Jacks restaurant hot and fresh every morning.

Walking distance to several eating establishments and even a grocery store to stock the in room refrigerator with.

Property is a bit old and worn, but is maintained well.

Overall great value for the stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the pool seems to be the quietest area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill R
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was 111 degrees outside and out room was very cold. The Manager is nice let me check in early and stay late. Room itself is not bad, there are some ceiling water marks, nail holes and minimal upkeep it needs, but overall not too bad. I would stay here again because of the price and service.

Room Tip: booking.com allowed me to make requests such as early check in and late check out as well as pool vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although this hotel is older, they maintain it well and the staff are the absolute best! It isn't shiny, sparkle from every angle or look built yesterday, but the rooms are clean and tidy and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. Plenty of food choices in the area-for the price of the room, probably one of the best values in Indio. Don't hesitate to select it for your stay, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We came to Palm Springs for Coachella weekend and booked a room at Royal Plaza. The front desk manager is such a friendly person and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The staff always went the extra mile to ensure we had a great experience at the hotel and during our weekend getaway. The rooms were very clean and the pool was perfect for the weather. I’m definitely returning next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel! They have terrible customer service, a horrible cancellation policy, and a general lack of empathy. They charged me over 1, 000 for staying there during Coachella weekend when I had to cancel my trip. Please do not stay here. I plan on telling the Better Business Bureau about them next. My friend who ended up staying here says it was a dump.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels