“GREAT”

Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We were in town for a sporting event and several of us stayed at the Best Western Date Tree Hotel. The hotel is beautiful I love the palm trees. The staff at the front desk is great. The rooms were perfect you will not find another hotel that offers you what they offer for such a reasonable rate. Every year we come to town for this event and this is the first time we stayed at the Best Western. Now that I have stayed there I will not stay at another hotel when I come to town. I will always stay at the Best Western. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel that is reasonable, great looking, good accommodations and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we were in the area with a photography group. I wanted a reasonably priced, clean motel. We were both pleasantly surprised when we found ourselves wanting to stay at the Best Western and relax instead of wanting to get out and take photos. However, we did keep to our schedule. There are 3 buildings nicely landscaped with desert foliage. The look of the hotel is a bit 60's retro but modern at the same time. The pool was not too cold and quite large. There are grills in the pool area and there is plenty of room to find a relaxing spot to enjoy the sun.
The room was extra large, quiet and clean. It was a very relaxing room. We often stay at Marriotts, but we found this room to be a great value and as nice as some higher priced hotel rooms. I had no trouble sleeping and the beds were comfortable.
The breakfast was good with waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels and the usual pastries. There is an outdoor eating area with a fountain too.
I would definitely stay here again and hopefully spend more time enjoying the relaxing quality of the motel

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We are BW rewards members but came into to the hotel with a special coupon we found at the rest stop and they could not have be more friendly or accommodating. Ended up staying longer than planned as a result. Everything we wanted was there inlcuding free movies and 24 hour pool and excercise room plus BBQ, laundry and computers. Good breakfasts too. Especially loved the maps and step by step directions sheets they handed out - it sure made driving around Palm Springs and other areas a breeze. Only complaint was the shower which took a long time for the water to heat up and also not much pressure plus the trains -but they stopped at midnight so it sisn't interrupt our sleep.
Special thanks to Andrea on the front desk for all her help..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We've just returned from 8 nights at the Date Tree Hotel,Indio, our first time in the Palm Springs area. We expected an average hotel for the price we paid and it exceeded our expectations. The check in staff is exceptionally friendly and accomodating. (The fruited water and dates at the check-in counter is a very nice touch.) In the lobby are 2 computers with free internet access (at 30 minutes max/time) although we were not able to get through to the WestJet site to book our seats 24 hrs before departure and they were not able to help. We made good use in the evenings of the free DVDs! The breakfast room and the free 'deluxe' continental breakfast was more than adequate. Even staying there 8 days, we have no complaints about the food. It is more than the basics: cold cerals, porridge, hard boiled eggs, scones with gravy, make your own waffles, peaches, yogurt containers, toast, bagels, small danishes, fresh fruits, juices & coffee. Coffee is available all day. Our room was fine, although I think we had a 'deluxe.' (#247) We had asked for a balcony which was nice as we always had the door open and it was nice to step outside and see the sunset. The 'olympic' pool was very large and nice and clean although for young kids, it starts at 3 feet., and only goes to 4 ft so no diving. We swam every day and really enjoyed it. The grounds are nice, clean and well maintained. (We had very fragrant grapefruit trees outside our room and when I picked a couple of the blossom stems, it made the room smell wonderful!) There were a few bbqs on the large patio area which seemed to be well used.
We had read about the noise from the trains and so had asked for a 'quiet' location
but they were pretty full when we arrived and I guess this was the best they could give us. (bldg 2, left side facing north) There are 3 buildings that are at 90 degrees to the road and the train tracks which run alongside the road. It didn't bother us although you definately can hear them, especially in the evening. If you think it might bother you, ask for a room towards the back or on 'the far sides' of the buildings. You definately do not want the road side of building 1, which also overlooks a huge parking lot! My husband said the beds must be old as theywere soft on the sides but we slept great.
Apart from 1 mexican restaurant in walking distance, you do have to drive to the restaurants but there are tons of eateries and a large grocery store within 5 minutes drive! (esp along Hwy 111) We went to 2 that they had recommended and they were good. (Naked Noodle & Sloans.) Also went to Piniata ( (an authentic Mex eatery), Farmer Boys, In N Out, & picked up own food from grocery store) We ate well but inexpensively!
We were happy with the location, close to Hwy 10 and 111 (1/2 hr from airport and downtown Palm Springs,) as we went sightseeing everyday. (Need ideas? In order of enjoyment, but ALL nice to see, I'd recommend: a day visiting Joshua Tree Park (do a circle drive, enter at the north main Joshua Tree entrance and drive southeast through the park including Keys View); the Arial Tram to the top of Mt SanJacinto and walking around up there; a drive over Santa Rosa/San Jacinto Mts via Hwy 74 and 243 (nice vistas and parks/lakes); a visit to Shields Date farm (lots of samples, interesting film and try the date shake); the Living Desert (zoo & gardens); a drive to the south end of Salton Sea (check out the mud pots and mud volcanos, Salvation Mt, ruins of Bombay Beach, Box Canyon ); walking the trail at 1000 Palms. We meant to visit Painted Canyon, Indian Canyon,Tahquiz Canyon, the Wed night and Sat morn markets, bus tour of PS, but ran out of time! Can hardly wait to return!
(Only, small complaints were that I asked front desk for someone to come and wipe down the patio chairs, but no one ever came. The next day I tracked down some paper towels and did it myself. And the fridge was sitting loose/wobbly in its frame. I didn't like that the fan went on everytime you put the bathroom light on; and it was kind of hard to figure out the shower controls.)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrannyB57
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I had a mixed experience here, although I will say right off the bat that we would stay again. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly, the night was quiet, the guest laundry room helpful and the location excellent. Breakfast was slightly larger than the usual Best Western spread and tasty, and the pool is open 24 hours! And, yes, we DID use it! It was wonderful to sit in the balmy breeze and watch the trees blow, with the train rolling by across the street :) I noted there was a bar-b-que in the pool area too.
My only trouble was with housekeeping. I know hotel housekeeping is a horrible job - I've done it - but these have got to be the surliest maids I have ever encountered at any BW. We checked in at 2, but my room was not ready until 4, and even then it was only ready because I had to ask (politely) twice. THEN... the room smelled so overpoweringly of Pledge we had to go buy air freshener. I rather think that was a "revenge" thing, so I doubt anyone else will have the same issue. And the room WAS clean, the beds were comfy and the night quiet.
As I said, I'd definitely stay again! Just don't cross housekeeping...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2010

You are surrounded by snow-capped mountains in this desert valley hotel. The breakfast is decent with biscuits and gravy, waffles, cran-apple juice, etc. The bed is comfy. I don't like sharing a balcony with a couple of other rooms, but I loved that movies were free to rent and the pool and hot tub. The shower head could use some more pressure--maybe that's a conserve water in the desert thing. I love this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This is my second visit to this hotel and my experience both times were great. On my second visit I stayed a week. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. It is relatively quiet (and I'm sensitive to noise). The beds are super comfortable. The breakfast is decent and almost becomes a morning happy hour! The grounds are nice with an inviting pool area. (For those environmentally conscious visitors, the hotel is committed to conserving energy with practices of unplugging appliances (hair dryer and small refrigerator) not in use and using cfls in all light fixtures as well as other practices). The pricing is amazingly reasonable for all that you get.

Best of all is the service. Everyone is very friendly and accommodating. The manager really goes above and beyond the call of duty to make your visit to the area a special one.

I will return again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Indio
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino

Been to Best Western Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!