“Newly Updated B/W Date Tree Motel”

Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have been staying at the B/W Date Tree for about 5 years when coming to the BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament. This year our stay was even better as the motel and rooms have been updated and renewed. The renovation includes new bathrooms, new furniture, beds with pillow top mattresses, and widescreen HD TV’s. The owners have additional expansion plans that go along with an Olympic size swimming pool. When went for our included breakfast, we found it had also been upgraded as well. Breakfast now includes two different types of waffles, fresh fruits, different breakfast meats daily, and as always scrambled eggs among other breakfast items. The staff is friendly and helpful with directions to various restaurants and other services in the Indio/Palm Springs area. We will plan to return next year for see the latest updates at the Date Tree.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not in building one to avoid road and railroad noise - BTW the trains do not blow whis...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
woodyaps, General Manager at Best Western Date Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

James1946,

First off: thanks for being such a loyal guest of the Best Western Date Tree! Wow...5 years in a row at our hotel. This is EXACTLY what we want to hear.

And yes: we are just about the perfect location for the BNP Tennis...as we are less then 5 minutes from the stadium. I do hope you got your fill of Tennis--and saw some great matches.

As for the hotel: your kind comments about our hotel, out staff, our rooms, and our breakfast are much appreciated. We are always doing renovations each year--and we some MAJOR bathroom changes planned to take place this summer. You will be very impressed when you return. And we are always trying to evolve our breakfast...and give the guests what they want.

Thanks again for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor and we certainly will look forward to seeing you next time. Also: please call the hotel and ask to speak to me, Aaron Segal, as I want to see you up with a good rate for next year for being such a loyal customer. 5 years in a row means something to us!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went to the Hall and Oates concert, but the hotel at Fantasy Springs was booked. We have had good experiences at Best Westerns in the past, so we booked our reservation. Rooms were more expensive than usual, because there were many events going on that weekend. We noticed all hotels had higher rates, not just Best Western. Great room, nice decor, quiet atmosphere. The breakfast was delicious, I was excited to find bisquits and gravy. They allowed us to check in at 1:00 pm, even though the check in was at 3. I called a few days prior and asked if it was ok to check in early, and they said it was fine as long as I called before I got there to ensure a room would be ready. Only flaw I can point out, was no hair conditioner. I brought my own because a lot of rooms only offer shampoo, but ladies need conditioner as well!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
woodyaps, General Manager at Best Western Date Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Vanessa G,

First off--hope you enjoyed the Hall & Oats concert! I took my wife to see them a few years...and wow. They put on why heck of a show And yes: the whole valley that weekend was filled up due to the La Quinta Arts Festival, the Horse Show, and the BNP Tennis Tournament. And rates were higher as you mentioned...but still better/or at what our competition was offering.

So great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We have added many new items over the past few months--and are continually trying to evolve the breakfast to fit ALL of the guests needs.

And lastly: thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts to Trip Advisor. We really do appreciate--and share these comments with our entire staff.

Hope to see you again at the Best Western Date Tree on your next trip out to Indio.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went to the Hall and Oates concert, but the hotel at Fantasy Springs was booked. We have had good experiences at Best Westerns in the past, so we booked our reservation. Great room, nice decor, quiet atmosphere. The breakfast was delicious, I was excited to find bisquits and gravy. They allowed us to check in at 1:00 pm, even though the check in was at 3. I called a few days prior and asked if it was ok to check in early, and they said it was fine as long as I called before I got there to ensure a room would be ready. Only flaw I can point out, was no hair conditioner. I brought my own because a lot of rooms only offer shampoo, but ladies need conditioner as well!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I agree was high season because Indian Well tournament, but charge $170+ for one room/night is not cool, specially when I am a frecuent costumer and I know how the room is the rest of the year, THE EXACT SAME ROOM WITH THE EXACT SAME COMMODITIES and you charge $100 more. That's insane. Don't think I will use the hotel again in the future for my business

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
woodyaps, General Manager at Best Western Date Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Isabel A,

I am very sorry to hear you were upset about the rates over the BNP Tennis Tournament and the La Quinta Arts Festival. All I can say is this: our rates--and our value--compared with our competition is unbeatable.

Yes...these dates that you stayed with us were hight. But they were EVEN higher at the other places. All of the valley(from Palm Springs to Indio)was sold out for that time period. And hotels do raise the rates to meet demand and the competition. If not, we could not stay in business.

That said, if you read the reviews here, and check are website or call reservations, you will see that the rates we offer throughout the year cannot be beat. I do hope you will give us another chance to make you a loyal and satisfied guest of the Best Western Date Tree Hotel.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I really cannot say enough good things about the wonderful people here. I had a large group staying with them with lots of last minute changes and Aaron, Esmeralda and the rest of the crew was always super helpful and supportive. Everyone who stayed at the property loved it, and on my end, dealing with the team was always a pleasure. Thanks guys for making this part of our movie shoot the easiest and most fun!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Claire B,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your film shoot group that stayed with us a few weeks back. We remember them well--and everyone was so well behaved and orderly. (And yes...there have been other film companies that we could not utter those same praises.)

We are so glad the hotel worked out for your filming needs--and that you were able to get the shoot done in the required time frame. Nice to get the kind comments from you and we will be passing this along to our entire staff.

And please: let us know when the film will be released so we can all go see it. Excited to see this movie.

And hopefully next time you are out in Indio...we will get you back at the Best Western Date Tree.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is located near many desert attractions and is a great deal. There is a large heated pool and hot tub and a full hot and cold breakfast included. We had a wonderful time there recently for a short escape from the unpleasant Midwest weather!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The rooms were great, especially the suites.......roomy, great lighting and when you arrive, the staff is excellent! Jacob has always been there to greet us, with a smile and knew us personally even after retuning after a year. Service starts out excellent, and continues when you arrive in the room. The rooms are clean, roomy and comfortable and relaxing. Who can beat that on a business trip? Check out is a breeze! My favorite place to stay when I am in Thermal,

Absolutely love Jacob! he loves his job and it is apparent he loves what he does for a living.

Room Tip: The Suite is the way to go! -extremely relaxing and clean-roomy-and relaxing, plenty of light if des...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
#10 of 16 in Indio
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Indio

Been to Best Western Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!