“Friendly Atmosphere”

Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Friendly staff that were very helpful. We've enjoyed staying here before and always look forward to our trip to Indio. It is close enough to the center of town and yet far enough away to be quiet and restful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 17, 2013

the place is a bit on its own but everything around is close and with so much to do around the area. The front desk was very helpful and the room was as good as it gets. It was nice and quiet at nights, this place gives you your money's worth hands down. I've stayed there several times and its never disappointing

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked the Best Western Date Tree hotel based on its high TripAdvisor rating. And yes, the woman at the check-in desk was very friendly and helpful. But the room she gave us, on the second floor of building 1, was well past due for renovation, and the hallway smelled strongly of stale smoke, or something unpleasant - bad enough that I felt nauseous from it. I am sorry I didn't press on to nearby Palm Springs, but I'm here now and I'm stuck. I'm looking forward to waking up very early tomorrow morning and getting away.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
woodyaps, General Manager at Best Western Date Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Mike S,

First and foremost: let me offer you a sincere and vociferous apology. We take an immense amount of pride in our hotel--and in the reviews that our guest take the time to post on this site and other sites.

And I can promise you this: we will investigate the issues that you raised take IMMEDIATE actions to remedy the situation.

We have said it before and we will say it again: we are striving each and every day to provide exceptional customer service and to provide a clean and comfortable and rewarding experience. And as the reviews(Mostly)attest to: we are succeeding at a high level. That said: we failed on your visit this time. And I really, really hope that you will contact me directly at the hotel--and let me make the situation right.

We are #1 on this sight and in our internal Best Western surveys for a reason: we really do care about taking care of our customers. And when we drop the ball--and yes, it can happen--we will make it right.

So again: please accept my apologies and we look forward to having you give us another chance.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This motel/hotel/resort is somewhat isolated from downtown and was a bit tricky to access, but the staff is courteous and rooms were very large. Landscaping is California pleasant. There can be an issue with noise from the freight train tracks that run just across the adjacent boulevard. We drove to dinner using Yelp for a nearby Mexican restaurant that was tasty as there's nothing within walking distance. Nice enough to use again.

Room Tip: Try requesting a room in a building facing away from the tracks.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I enjoy and always look forward to staying here. the service is great and the rooms are amazing if your ever looking for a cozy clean place to stay when your in Indio CA come here to the DATE TREE BEST WESTERN.

Room Tip: the rooms are the best comfortable beds and rooms are clean
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perfect place to stop on my many trips back and forth from Phoenix to the Central Coast of California. Clean, comfortable rooms, with a good DVD selection to watch in your room. Computers available in the lobby for internet access. I feel safe here, especially when i arrive late at night and depart early am.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A stop at Indio CA gives the traveller lots to see and do but if the traveller is also weary after a long day of driving or touring his best stop-over place would be the Best Western. This large hotel (3 buildings) is staffed by friendly, helpful people, the rooms are spacious and clean and the pool is never crowded so a liesurely swim is never hurried. Free internet hook-up is available. It is at the top of my "Highly Recommended" list. There is a very good Mexican restaurant nearby (walking distance about 5 minutes) which is also "Highly Recommended

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BCRover
woodyaps, General Manager at Best Western Date Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

BCRover,

What a great way to start the morning: come into work and a review such as yours. It is gratifying--and to a great degree.

As I never get tired of expatiating, we really do train our staff on the ethos of customer service--and what it means to this hotel. And we really do realize the one essential fact: the service must always come first. As for our pool...what can we say: we really do believe we have the largest pool in Indio. And since we do heat it...our guests' can go swimming in it year round. And it's nice to hear you give it the praise it so deserves.

We look forward to having you back at our hotel soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Royal Plaza Inn
Royal Plaza Inn
#10 of 16 in Indio

Been to Best Western Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!