“Better than I could possible expect.”

Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Having stayed in a dump in Palm Springs whilst going to the Pacific Life tennis in Indian Wells we had to find something better. This property came to our attention and when I visited to look at it, I was amazed how clean and tidy it was. The Manager gave me loads of help and information and a good deal. I booked for a few nights and found it so good that my wife, child and I stayed two weeks. The place is well maintained, the rooms are large and kept very clean, the pool is brilliant and the staff so friendly and helpful. There is a free continental breakfast that is enough to last the day with cereals, fruit, waffles, eggs cookies, you name it.
I am not easily pleased with many hotels but this one was great and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank KenSolihull_England
There are newer reviews for Best Western Date Tree Hotel

Reviewed March 6, 2008

Positive experience from check in to grounds keepers. Manager is friendly, as is his staff. Great expanded breakfast, with attendant on duty keeping everything fresh and clean. Close, but not too close to freeway entrance so you can choose to either take the fast track to your destinations in the desert area or take the longer scenic route. Many small amenities like cookies, coffee, dates and even pastry is available most of the time, or at least it was when I was there. The grounds are great for a walk if you have a pet, grass is lush long and manicured as is the rest of the grounds.

idk stonewall

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank revaeb
Reviewed February 28, 2008

great hotel, beds a little soft but everything else more than made up for it. fast internet access available in the lobby on their own computers or wI-FI, also great staff, sooo helpful. coupons available in the local area book available at Dennys , for a discounted stay. Highly recommended to stay in if you want to visit Palm springs or Indio or The Thermal horse show. oh yes & fantastic showers in the rooms. stay & enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2008

We loved it here!

Great overall property. Extremely well run and immaculately clean everywhere. Classic dessert 1950s exterior architecture with updated interior rooms. The location is amazingly close to Palm Dessert and a perfect gateway to Joshua Tree National Park.

The manager Aaron Segal and the staff are incredible! Everyone is very eager to assist their guests. This place over achieves every step of the way. The breakfast buffet is impressive.

You will definately enjoy your stay here.

This place is "a find." We intend to come back again and again.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 16, 2008

This is the worst place you can stay if you are looking for a place near Fantasy Springs Casino.Way off the beaten Path! Hard to find your way there.The room was noisy all night long. Paid 160.00 for the night.No Bathtub.Remotes for TV did not work.They charged my card 100.00 deposit PLUS the 160.00 for the room! 260.00 was charged to my card.The worst free breakfast! Lumpy Gravey and bisciuts! No Eggs! TINY Pasteries.What a Rip Off! Stay away, for another 40.00 I could of stayed at The Fantasy Springs Resort.My last Time!

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 1, 2008

This is my first time staying in a Best Western property and I am indeed impressed!

I was there in Dec 07 and I checked in after a game of golf. I was offered water and cookies during checkin, which was sweet.

I was given a room on the ground floor, which was very convenient for me as we parked directly outside our room (free parking)

There was a pantry corner that serves coffee, tea and some pastries all night. There was also 2 computers with a printer for guest use at no charge. There are free DVD rentals too...it was a huge variety of DVD titles, including new titles! I had a lot to do in this property throughout the night, using the computer planning my trip, eating, watching dvds and doing some laundry (coin operated). There is free wireless internet in the room if you have your own laptop.

Room was very spacious with 2 queen size beds, one working desk and a round dining table. Ironing board was also provided with an iron. Bed was soft and comfy.

Bathroom was alright, with lots of towels given. Hairdryer provided. No bathtub, only a shower area. Showerhead was so-called massage shower head but water pressure was not strong enough to really massage. No problem with getting perfect warm water temperature.

Free breakfast was included and there are waffles, jucie, coffe, tea, muffins, sausages, fruits.

I totally loved this place and will surely come back when I visit Palm Springs again!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Our family just returned home from a trip to Arizona and as always, The Date Tree Hotel was our halfway point stopover. We have made this trip 35 times or more over the last 8 or 9 years the hotel is always a delight. Only one bad experience with the air conditioning this summer but management made it right.

Everything is clean, clean, clean, management is always superhelpful, free DVD's is a very unusual touch for an inexpensive hotel and much appreciated, especially for families with children who need a little distraction!

Beautiful huge pool that is not so close to the building that you can hear any carryings-on while in your room. I never notice any passing trains.

The breakfast this time was even better than usual. There is a waffle iron and batter for FRESH waffles! Homemade biscuits with sausage gravy (possibly best I've ever had). Lots of fruits, cereals both hot and cold, juices, milk of course, plenty of coffee, yogurt, bagels and other toastables, muffins, various danish, cream cheese, jelly, hardcooked eggs, date bread (yummy and very homemade!), I am probably forgetting some things but can't even think of what else anyone might expect. The staff keeps all the food replenished at all times and the areas are cleaned up constantly.

We were in the main building this time which has been redone recently. New refrigerators, furniture, nice microwave and best of all, new heating and a/c unit that worked beautifully.

My only complaint is that they have locked off all the balconies upstairs for some unknown reason. It used to be handy to put bathing suits and towels out there to dry, or just to enjoy the view. (One year we were there for 4th of July and watched the local fireworks display from our balcony, the kids loved it!) I know that it is now a smoke-free hotel and people used to smoke out on the balconies but I don't understand why that would be any kind of problem. It IS outside, after all.

This really is our favorite hotel anywhere, bar none.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryboo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Days Inn Indio
Days Inn Indio
#5 of 16 in Indio
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert

Been to Best Western Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!