“Perfect Hotel for Coachella Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Date Tree Hotel

BEST WESTERN Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Phoenix, Arizona
“Perfect Hotel for Coachella Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

A friend of mine and I stayed at the Best Western Date Tree Hotel for Coachella 2011 (this past weekend), and we couldn't have been happier with our hotel choice.

If you are planning on going to Coachella 2012, I highly suggest the Date Tree Hotel. The hotel is only four miles from the festival, but the distance doesn't really matter, because the hotel offers a shuttle service for $10 / way, and is run by Jeff, who is one step below a God in my eyes. Simply stated, Jeff is awesome and a lifesaver. Jeff will take you to the festival at intervals of every 30-40 minutes, and pick you up as late as 4am. Jeff also brings waters, offers to stop for food, and makes sure that every hotel guest gets to the festival at the time they want and back to the hotel safe and in one piece. Jeff makes the transportation issue for Coachella a non-issue.

The rest of the hotel staff was also amazing - the front desk people were extremely helpful and courteous. The hotel offers a very nice continental breakfast with waffles, egg/sausage sandwiches, bagels, fruit, and other misc. items that is a great way to start the day in preparation for another day at the festival. The hotel has a very nice pool/hot tub area that is open 24 hours, and the rooms were clean.

If you plan on going to Coachella in '12, definitely consider the Date Tree Hotel BW, I don't think you will find a closer or better hotel accommodation for the festival.

Thanks for an amazing weekend BWDTH staff and especially Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank rcoopers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Atwater, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

It may seem minor but be prepared to wait awhile and I mean "awhile" for the water to warm up.
Other than that this hotel is top notch and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

You will enjoy your stay here. Clean,safe,and very comfortable. Hospitality is the BEST. Enjoy this hotel on your next stay to Palm Springs or surrounding areas.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

Indio is probably not a destination you’d choose for a vacation, but it worked for us as a place to stay while attending the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament at Indian Wells. It takes only about ten minutes to drive from the hotel to the Tennis Garden, and every morning the front desk provides a printout of that day’s tournament schedule, particularly handy during the first week when matches are being played on eight courts concurrently.

Rooms are located in three two-storey blocks, each with its own parking and landscaping. Our room was in the block adjacent to the front desk block. No view, but convenient to the lobby and the breakfast area. Breakfast includes the usual suspects – cereals, boiled eggs, cream cheese, bagels, pastries, yogurt, bananas and apples – plus sausage patties and egg patties that you can pop inside an English muffin and microwave. We also sampled the grapefruit growing on trees in front of our room.

The room was clean and spacious. Décor is somewhat dated and some of the furniture was showing a bit of wear and tear, but everything was comfortable. Our only issue with the room was that we could never get a wifi signal. The front desk told us to call the ISP; the ISP said the problem was located at the hotel and only the hotel could fix it. This went on for the entire three days we stayed. We had no problem getting a strong signal in the lobby, so we could still keep up with email, etc., but it was hardly as convenient as having in-room wifi (which was, after all, one reason for choosing this hotel). I can understand a problem for one day, but three days is incredible. Had the problem been fixed, I'd have given the hotel a higher rating. (It was only our room, we were told; maintenance had been by and got a signal in the corridor and elsewhere in the block.)

Pool is in a slightly odd location, directly beside the road and railway tracks, but aside from that, it looked nice. We didn’t have an opportunity to use it, but I put my hand in to test the temperature, and it was very comfortable. Re the railway tracks: you can hear the freight trains rumbling past, but they never interfered with our sleep. I guess there are no crossings in the vicinity because we never heard a whistle blow.

We appreciated the DVD library in the lobby; pretty good selection, including recent releases. There are numerous restaurants and supermarkets a short drive from the hotel. The front desk has printouts listing your options and providing directions. Front desk staff were invariably pleasant.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tripsterchick
Lynnwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

My wife and I had been traveling on the road all day when we saw the sign Indio.My wife asked haven't we stayed here before I replyed yes and that we had gone to a Casinso here. Next was to look up Best Western Hotels on the GPS got the adddress and the rest is history. I will recommend this Hotel to any one the staff will meet you with a smile when you check in and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hm7720
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is by far my favorite Best Western. I have been staying at the Date Tree for at least 8 years. Every January, I have to go to Indio, CA on business, but look especially forward to staying here. I run into other repeat guests who obviously feel the same. In a world where people have lost the meaning of 'customer service', the staff here is outstanding. They are completely professional. The staff is always ready to help the hotel guests. There's even a award seen there for outstanding customer service! The included breakfasts are great, as is the use of movie dvd's. I have a choice to stay with friends as an alternative, but prefer the comfort and courtesy that I find year after year at the Date Tree. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Branson West, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

Fabulous stay at Best Western "Date Tree Hotel"

Delightful 4 day stay at the Date Tree Hotel, Best Western, Indio, California. You can spend more money, but you can't get better service. This hotel and its management under the leadership of Aaron Segal far exceeded expectations. My wife and I picked Best Western Date Tree as the best value for our visit to the Southern California area researching residential real estate investment and possible relocation to La Quinta; which is bounded by Palm Desert / Indian Wells to the West and Indio to the East. In research hotel options it became clear that we could save 40-50% in hotel costs by merely staying at a hotel a few blocks off the city limits of La Quinta. The Date Tree Hotel fit the bill perfectly. Tremendous value, outstanding professional staff, accomodations were delightful, and continental breakfast was excellent!

I've stayed at hundreds of hotels from mid to high range pricing, and can honestly say that staying at the Best Western Date Tree Hotel was one of the more memorable hotel stays that I can recall either for business or pleasure. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who doesn't feel compelled to spend exorbitant hotel fees at one of the more expensive hotels in La Quinta, Indian Wells, or Palm Desert. The hotel manager, i.e., Aaron Segal is so professional and welcoming and the support staff made us feel so special, that we were sad when it was time to leave. We would never stay anywhere else other than the Best Western Date Tree Hotel, Indio California whenever visiting the desert in Southern California. What a great experience!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Zoltani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
#5 of 16 in Indio
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa

Been to BEST WESTERN Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!