“Do not book on-line to get special deals - call the hotel!!!!”

Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Orange County, CA
“Do not book on-line to get special deals - call the hotel!!!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I booked my room on-line two weeks prior to staying there. I went to special offers and entered the date I was interested in. There was a First Fantasy code that popped up and I checked room availability under that code. (First Fantasy gives you $20 in slot credit and $20 in restaurant credit.) I booked my room. When I went to check in - I was not given either credit. The front desk told me that the promotional offer must not have been available when I booked my room (2 weeks prior to checking in) but my brother, who booked his room by phone four days before we went, was given the slot and restaurant credits!!!! The front desk did not budge on this. Too bad for me. I called the manager after I went home and checked on-line to confirm what I did and she did not have an explanation why I did not get the promotion.
This is the third time I have stayed at Fantasy Springs and booked on-line the past two times and never had a problem. If I ever decide to go there again (Aqua Caliente and Morongo are close by - maybe time to try them) I will make my reservations by phone. Very disappointing experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Skye-mother

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
West Covina
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very pleasant way to spend a day and or night away from home. Rooms are large and quite clean. You can check in almost any time, I have never been told that they don't have any rooms ready. I have arrived as early as 11:00 expecting to wait for a room and was shuffled right into a room. Each dining place I have tried has been good with the buffett being very good and a good value. If you tire of gambling, try the bowling ally on site. It's a nice break. The only negative is the same at all casinos--- excessive smokers drive me away from some slots. Hey buddy, yah you with the smelly cigar, gimmie a break wuddya. Would love to see no smoking but that is not going to happen. There is a small non smoking room over by the Off Track Betting room but you are stuck there if you can't stand smokers.

Room Tip: Over looking the pool is nice because the other view is of a trailer park. High up is nice but don...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange, CA
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stay at FS at least once a month for a few days. It is my own private get-a-way! The pool/spa and outdoor areas are relaxing, the fitness center is well equipped, and the casino offers the best variety of slot machines.There are excellent food choices and a Starbucks! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room, mattress, bedding are all above average. I recommend this hotel for a casino getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BarbBTru2U
Shingle Springs, California, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have stayed at Fantasy Springs 3 times now in traveling to AZ and returning. We enjoy our stays there so much. They are very helpful and very accomodating. Room service is excellent. Casino it fun,

Room Tip: no matter what the room, the beds are sooooo comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night under a special casino package, Room was clean & comfortable. Bathroom had plenty of room to maneuver around in. Hotel restaurants provided good food choices & the opinion to dine outside was a plus.

Only issue the room size was a bit small compared to other casino hotels I've stayed at. Almost the size of a older Hampton inn property. A little cramped to say the least & my AC unit did not work properly. Otherwise it was a good overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Redlands
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was our first experience with this hotel. We got a pakage deal that included concert tickets, food credits, etc.. The concert was great, Our overall stay at this hotel was wonderful. Their rooms were very nice, comfortable beds and great pillows and most of all very clean. The hotel staff as well as the staff in the Pom restaurant I would rate at 5 stars. I would recommed this facility to anyone visiting the Coachella Valley. We certainly will be going there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitby
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Let me start by stating that I won a 2 night stay in a local drawing at the Toronto Golf Show. Having said that my expectations are generally lowered when I am given something for free. I dont expect to get 5 star treatment and usually expect to be treated with indifference at best.

My room was well cooled on my arrival. The bed linens were fresh and the bathrooms well stocked. Huge Flat Screen T.V and a very comfortable King Sized Bed.

Had dinner in POM. Outstanding food, great wine selection and awesome bartender/waitress.

If your a buffet fan, you will enjoy their buffet. If you dont care for Buffet, GO TO POM!!!

A visit to the 12th floor lounge is a must. Great ambience and Cynthia is an awesome bartender. Very quiet the night I was there but that was exactly what this old boy needed.

Gaming facilities were being partially renovated during my stay, however I found plenty to occupy my time. I am not a huge gambler but I spent enough time for lady luck to shine my way for a couple of visits at least.

Valet parking is free for hotel guests. That would have been nice to know when I booked the room. 1/2 off drink coupons are given upon check in. One bartender didnt seem too impressed when I presented the coupon. My tip reflected his attitude. (I usually give the waiter the discount plus the regular tip.) Other than those two minor details I would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel. I plan to return next year on my next Golf Holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
#5 of 16 in Indio
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Indio

Been to Fantasy Springs Resort Casino? Share your experiences!