Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Best Western Date Tree Hotel(Indio)(Great Value!)
$120
$75
$71
Days Inn Indio(Indio)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
City Center Motel(Indio)(Great Value!)
$109
$113
$105
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsslot machinespom restaurantbowling alleyplayers cardpizza kitchenasian restaurantagua calienteparking garagetable gamesrooms are nicelos angelesnon smokingpool areacoachella valleygolf coursethe palm springs areavalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I remember the good old days of Indio, before the casino was there, so I was excited to check ithe resort out.
The facilities are awesome---so much nicer than they used to be back when that agency who controls all of our national intelligence used to control the reservation. The hotel is really plush and worth the money----a lot of community money was spent to build these facilities---even more money than was spent on the local Fred Alvarez Liquidation Project, or the Ian Stuart Spiro Family Relocation project.
I recommend the swimming pool facilities----one can get mighty hot giving demonstrations to prospective buyers on the target ranges out in the desert---and this salesman was glad to cool off.
The food was excellent, too. World class chefs clearly prepared it and it was served by the finest local help. The food would make John Phillip Nichols proud!
I hear there are some great entertainment events planned for the coming season. Something a long time coming, and quite unexpected. Perhaps it is Rip Taylor's Vegas show, or something bigger, Old Testament style!
Either way, any family looking for a great vacation would not want to miss this resort. Such great history---all one has to do is do the same digging I did!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank AndySacolaro
Reviewed December 14, 2007

I decided to stay at the Fantasy Springs Hotel after visiting it a while ago when I stayed down the road at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel and casino are clean, new looking, and very enjoyable.

I stayed at the hotel while traveling through the area on business. The rate for a single King bed room was comparable to the rates at the Holiday Inn express, so I decided to give it a shot. Many parts of my stay were excellent. The room at the hotel was far cleaner, spacious, and attractive than the Holiday Inn Express in Indio. However, I felt like the hotel was missing a few things that make a hotel stay enjoyable for me when I'm traveling on business.

First off, it did not have free wifi high-speed internet. I've grown accustomed to free internet at stays, and it was disconcerting to see that some places still charge for it. That said, I didn't try out the pay service (it's $10/day) because I could check my email on my phone and there was plenty to do at the Casino besides surfing the internet.

Second, there was no continental breakfast. I really, truly missed this; I have to get up early enough to get on the road when I'm traveling for work, so I hate having to stop at a sit down restaurant on my way. I usually just eat a bowl of cereal at the hotel and go, but I couldn't do that here because they had no free breakfast. Instead, I ended up having to stop at a gas station 40 minutes East to grap a Clif Bar and a coffee.

Finally, there was no HBO. It's not a big deal, but I've never seen a hotel that doesn't offer free HBO. I found that wierd, and somewhat cheap.

All in all, however, the hotel was nice. The bed was good, the room was very clean, and I had a great (although unprofitable) time at the Casino. While it may lack some of the features I seek in a hotel for business travel, I think it would make a great place to stay on a road trip or for vacation.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2007

I stayed at the Fantasy Springs Hotel/Casino for two nights (Sat/Sun) in October with my wife and two small children. The hotel seemed to be pretty new and everything was well maintained.

During our stay all of the staff members we contacted were friendly and very professional.

We stayed in a room on the 10th floor. The room was of average size, and was well maintained. The room had a small safe for valuables. My only complaint about the room was that the bathroom had louvered doors (slats), which meant that all sounds and smells entered the rest of the room. Not that big of a deal for famlies, but might be a little embarrassing for dating couples. A solid door would be more appropriate.

There is a night club on the top floor which stays open until around 2:00AM, maybe longer. We could hear the banging of the music from our room, but it wasn't too loud, and didn't bother us too much. I'm sure if we were closer to the night club it would have been hard to fall asleep.

The Pool and Jacuzzi were large and very clean, with lots of areas to relax. There is also a sand volleyball court. The pool/spa are open until midnight which is great for those who like a late dip in the pool/spa. My kids also enjoyed the kiddie pool, and the gradual incline pool.

Next to the pool area is a small outdoor concert area and on Friday and Saturday that had free live music performances. You can also enjoy (hear) the live music from the pool/spa area.

We ate at the buffet twice, once for dinner and the next day for lunch. We are not buffet fans, but we felt the buffet was nice and a good selection of food. Our only complaint is that the lunch and dinner buffets are exactly the same. Every food item was exactly the same at both seatings, kind of boring. For the price we felt they could have changed it up a little.

The casino area was nice with a large variety of games and even a poker room with daily tournaments. While I was there the only poker game they had as Texas Hold'em ($3-$6) limit. The casino area had very poor ventilation, and after only a few minutes in the casino your cloths will reek of smoke. If you have problems with cigerette smoke stay away from this place.

On my last day (Monday), I called the front desk to request a late check out so that I could gamble a little longer. I was a little shocked when they told me NO, that the hotel was booked full and they needed the rooms as soon as possible. When I checked out at 11:00AM, not a person was in the lobby checking in.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank SNAFU23
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I booked 3 rooms for a Friday/Saturday night stay, paying $1,250.00 for probably THE WORST hotel stay I've ever had. This was my 2nd time staying at the hotel. The first stay was during the week and it was a pleasant stay so I had no idea what we were in for.

I had read some reviewers suggestions about staying away from the nightclub area so when I booked our rooms I made the request and when we checked in I asked if we would hear the noise from the club. I was assured we would not as we were 3 floors down from the club. Clearly the people at the front desk never stay in the rooms or don't pay attention to the complaints.

Until midnight there is a live band playing near the pool and, yes, you can hear it loud and clear on the 9th floor. Then, when that noise goes away, the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM of the club 3 floors up goes on until after 1:30.

If you are unlucky enough to be at the end of the hall, as my sister was, next to the ice and vending machines and stairwell, don't plan on going to sleep until at least 3:00 a.m.

The other issues we had were the very seedy characters in the casino. They were clearly not the patrons of the hotel who pay 200.00/night for the rooms. The ventilation in the casino is also awful. The smoke was unbearable.

To finish off the terrible weekend, when we checked out, we voiced our complaints to the person checking us out at the front desk, nicely, and she really could not be bothered, walking away from us to chat with her co-worker without so much as a good-bye or apology.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank erc
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I've stayed at Fantasy Springs numerous times. Many of the times were 'free' because I play with my slot card at the casino. They are pretty good with the comps even for a low roller.
The hotel is very nice. In the past I have received mixed service but this time everyone was friendly and professional from the front desk to the valet and bellmen. They seem to be more service oriented. The room is very attractive and contemporary with granite counter tops in the bathroom. The t.v.is a nice size and they have a coffee maker with 'wolfgang puck' coffee. For some reason most casino hotels don't have coffee makers. The room was immaculate and the bed was comfortable.
I really love the pool area. The pool has a graduated shallow end which lets you lay in the pool and get a tan. The pool is surrounded by palm trees and big cloth umbrellas. It has a very resort feel. The chaise lounges are very soft and padded. There are some tents around also so you don't have to be in the direct sun. The jets in the jacuzzi are really strong. There is also a sand volleyball area. Music is played by the pool which I liked. They also had a waiter come around to take drink and food orders. It was a nice relaxing little getaway and I enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple