“Sushi in Indio, CA?”

Cuisines: Seafood
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Sushi in Indio, CA?”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I could not believe my eyes when I found sushi in Indio, CA. And it is very good. Frankie is the owner and Chef. Very friendly! good food. Fresh fish. loved it. Definitely I will go there again!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank nrios

Palm Desert, California
“Fire Destroyed Frankie's Fresh Fish”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Sad news. On August 23, 2012 a fire completely destroyed the strip mall where Frankie's was located. We can only hope that Frankie's will re-open in the future, either at its present location which the landlord has pledged to re-build or at another location. Frankie's was the best Fish & Sushi restaurant in Indio and one of the best in the Coachella Valley area. It was always full of customers, many of them were regulars who ate there several times a week. I know I will miss this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank DonnyMac19
North Wildwood, NJ
“The fish is syill swimming”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Meal was very tasty but very small amount. We enjoyed the meal, but came out feeling like we did not have a complete meal. Most likely we would not go back if we hungry.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank popwheat
Santa Barbara, California
“One of the Best anywhere”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been to Japan a few times, my wife is from kyoto and one of the best Sushi chefs we have ever had the pleasure of meeting is in of all places, Indio Ca.
His name is Frankie, He's from Toyko and has great connections on getting the freshest fish out of LA before its on a plane to Japan.
Frankie has a great menu and he has been known to throw down some unexpected items that will knock your socks off. He once made something and served it to us, that was so good I couldn'd believe it.. I asked him what was it called so I can order it again. next time.. He said it had no name. So I asked him if I could name it. Sure he said..
I thought about for a few minutes and came up with a name that fit very well. It has 3 kinds of fish, gorgazola cheese, a sauce that I can't explain and topped with a small amout of Real Gold Flake.
Something as tastey and rich as this could only be called " Malibu Beach House"
Try this place out and order the MBH and you will see what a real sushi master can do.

• Visited September 2011
Yokohama, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recommend from Japanese”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

"Fresh Fish " offers the Genuine Japanese food! I used to live in Desert and had lunch and dinner almost everyday without eating the food that host family cooked; though it doesn't mean that was bad. I alway loved the dishes there which reminded me of the one that I always had in Japan. Fresh Fish exactly was my sweet home in the US. I'm sure you can experience the true Japanese food as if you are traveling in Japan!!!!! I always miss Fresh Fish and Frankie-san....
Message from Yokohama